Start by marking “Dreaming of Home” as Want to Read:
Dreaming of Home

Dreaming of Home

Fresh out of the military, widower Joe Diaz is determined to raise his young son alone. But his next-door neighbor Meg McGuire has set her sights on the same house--and teaching job-- as Joe! He's all about family now, not romantic entanglements, and he won't give up without a fight. But what about little Davy, who's growing more attached to Miss Meg every day? Or Joe, who ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dreaming of Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreaming of Home

Trinity Rose
Dec 21, 2011 Trinity Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Joe needed a job and a home to provide for his son before his sister-in-law tried to take him away. Meg wanted the same job and home because it was her dream and life is so short. She has cancer but it is gone now. So these two meet and become friends some days and enemies other days.
This was a very sweet, touching story. I recommend it.
Judy
Feb 04, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Dreaming of Home by Glynna Kaye
Book 1 Canyon Springs, Arizona Series
In the fictional town of Canyon Springs, Arizona up in the White Mountains is where we meet our hero's and heroines in this series. Beginning with hometown hunk and hero Joe Diaz and the newcomer Meg McGuire who has quickly snuck into the hearts of the townspeople.

Meg is hoping to get a job as a Science teacher. Her Aunt June grew up in Canyon Springs and told her the stories of the small town and of going to a small school vers
Keli Gwyn
Oct 07, 2010 Keli Gwyn rated it it was amazing
Glynna Kaye’s debut novel, Dreaming of Home, is delightful. From first page to last, I enjoyed every minute I spent reading this tale of love triumphing over trials. Kaye’s endearing characters captured me from the start. Former Navy man and widower Joe Diaz is after the same teaching position Meg McGuire seeks. He needs to prove he can be a good dad and provide for his young son in order to keep him from being taken by a scheming relative; she’s building a new life after a disease and broken re ...more
Judy
Jul 04, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One house, one job, two people wanting them both.....
Meg Mcguire has just come through some tough medical issues and she is finally on the other side of things. Through it she lost her fiance and his daughters that Meg loved but he was too afraid of her illness. So she has found the perfect house to go with the perfect job... but all is not perfect.
Joe Diaz is fresh out of the military and ready to buy a nice house and start a teaching job in Canyon Springs. After losing his wife he is ready to
Audra
Jun 21, 2010 Audra rated it it was amazing
Glynna Kaye pens a debut novel filled with warmth and humor.

Ms Kaye showcases the deep struggles within her characters as they consider competing for the same job, yet they can't deny the attraction developing between them. I appreciate the worthy goals each character embraces and applaud the realistic conflicts that hinder their progress.

Joe and Meg deal with issues tackled by many people each day. They face the future with uncertainty and discover prayer and faith will ultimately lead them t
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
3 & 1/2 stars.

This was the first Love Inspired novella I've read and it was a wonderfully written story, tackling some deep issues such as cancer, military single parent families, etc., but it just wasn't my genre (I normally read historicals). Despite it being "shorter" than most books I read, the storyline arched naturally. I think it would make a great Hallmark-style movie.
Linnette
Oct 25, 2010 Linnette rated it really liked it
Great job, Glynna Kaye! I thoroughly enjoyed Dreaming of Home. Meg is sweet and loving, always thinking of others first even when she's running scared. Joe is a true gentleman even when the situation isn't comfortable for him. I love that you used this to propel the storyline forward. Honestly, I wanted to read more. It was just that good!
Janet Dean
Oct 13, 2009 Janet Dean rated it it was amazing
Glynna Kaye's debut novel, Dreaming of Home, is a wonderful, heartwarming story with loads of conflict and secrets that are keeping Meg McGuire and Joe Diaz apart. The story, along with a delightful cast of secondary characters that took up residence in my heart, kept me turning pages. I look forward to reading Kaye's next book!
Brandy
May 12, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GREAT STORYLINE!!! LOVED Joe & Meg!!! LOVED, Meg, Joe and little Davy's introduction to each other in chpt.1....Little Davy was ADORABLE!!! The COVER MODEL for little Davy on the book is just TOO STINKIN' CUTE!!!...GOOD BOOK!!! Enjoyed it a lot!!!
Myra Johnson
Sep 09, 2009 Myra Johnson rated it it was amazing
A lovely debut novel about two people struggling to overcome the pain of their pasts and find courage to form a life together. And a cute little boy and his grandfather acting as matchmakers only adds to the challenge!
Missy Tippens
Sep 09, 2009 Missy Tippens rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful debut novel! Very touching story about characters I really grew to care about.
Anne
Apr 26, 2012 Anne rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Christian love story with a great ending (my favorite)! Would recommend to anyone who enjoys Christian reading.
Patsy
Feb 11, 2010 Patsy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-inspired
Although this is Glynna Kaye's first published book, I thought it was great! I loved it! Very encouraging. Shows the results of keeping faith.
Tina Russo Radcliffe
Tina Russo Radcliffe rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2011
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
May 26, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2010
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Mary Cordle
Mary Cordle rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Mary Connealy
Mary Connealy rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2010
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Vickie
Vickie rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2012
Carla Capshaw
Carla Capshaw rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2009
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2011
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Vince Mooney
Vince Mooney rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Patriciaw
Patriciaw rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
rhonda
rhonda rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014