Start by marking “Cloak and Dagger: Child of Darkness, Child of Light” as Want to Read:
Cloak and Dagger: Child of Darkness, Child of Light

Cloak and Dagger: Child of Darkness, Child of Light

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Detective O'Reilly wants to arrest them, Father Delgado wants to reform them - but does anyone really understand them? A year after they debuted as anti-drug vigilantes in 'Spectacular Spider-Man', see Cloak and Dagger's first meeting and transformation, their battles against criminals, and their struggles with themselves.
Published May 27th 2009 by Marvel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cloak and Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cloak and Dagger

Visago
you can definitely tell this was written in the 80's during the war on drugs. This is a classic.
Mike Gallagher
I've loved this story and these characters forever.
Drown Hollum
Well this sure was an 80s comic. It's not particularly well written, the art doesn't stand out, there's some weird lettering and goofy decisions all around, but the mythology of Cloak and Dagger is at least given some ground work. I'd love to see it picked up and retooled in a modern comic series, but that's a dream I'll probably have to hold on to for a long time.

This run has not aged well, but it's short and mostly origin, so if you have an interest in these characters, there's really not muc
Gayle Francis Moffet
A serviceable story that has not aged well in the least. It reads like a checklist for a socially aware comic of the 1980s, which is exactly what it is. Some interesting art choices here and there, but from start to finish, it's kind of a bad cop movie from the 80s.
Roger Buck
I cannot help but say it: I ADORE this comic. All those years spent reading the American comic book … everything from Stan Lee to Carl Barks to EC to Eisner to Miller to Gerber … and Bill Mantlo's Cloak and Dagger comes out on top?

Who'da thunk it?! In my youth, I never rated Mantlo highly. But age has given me insight and this is Mantlo at his very best. I say more about this astonishing comic book here … http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2012/...
Shaun
I usually pick up old comics I was fond of in my youth and expect them to be painful through the filter of adult eyes. This one I found held up pretty well. The art and storytelling reminded me again and again that I was reading an 80s comic. But I felt the story and the dynamic of Cloak & Dagger held up even today.
Janna

I first read these stories as a child and was excited to find this book at my local comic shop. The story is still engaging, and I will be looking for more.
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Bessie
Bessie added it
Aug 20, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Tommy Cramer
Tommy Cramer marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Shaun
Shaun added it
May 08, 2014
Ranson Smitherman
Ranson Smitherman marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Kevin Drew
Kevin Drew marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Katie Fish
Katie Fish marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Rocket Raccoon & Groot: The Complete Collection Rocket Raccoon: Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant Essential Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man, Vol. 2 Essential Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man, Vol. 4 Incredible Hulk: Pardoned