Start by marking “Hitting the Sweet Spot: How Consumer Insights Can Inspire Better Marketing and Advertising” as Want to Read:

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This book will help you and your business move from information to insight to inspiration.
Published June 1st 2001 by The Copy Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Hitting the Sweet Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitting the Sweet Spot

Graham Lipsman
The first half of the book presents some helpful mental models for approaching brand and consumer insights in tandem. After that there's a digression into some concepts revolving around the ad industry itself and the specific jobs therein. That part was less relevant to me, and therefore far less interesting. Check out the first part and leave the rest unless you're in the industry.
Mo Tipton
There are some very solid concepts presented here, but the book itself is such an eyesore (huge, dopey-looking type in cheesy, conflicting fonts) that I was having a hard time taking it seriously. Also, so many of the examples are ridiculously out-of-date (videodiscs?!) that I found myself detaching. I'd recommend Luke Sullivan's Squeeze This, Whipple for a much more contemporary and fun-to-read book that hits many of the same topics presented here, and more.
Spencer Colvin
The concepts in this book are on a have-to-know basis for those in the advertising profession, however the book is not a must-read and is considerably dated.
Outsource Marketing /
This is a very simple book describing a fairly complex idea, and it was one of the texts I used when I instructed the Integrated Marketing Communications course at the University of Washington.

I'd score it higher if the text and illustrations weren't so large. I wonder if this would be an e-book if published today.

But still, durn good thinking here!
Tim Calkins
Understanding customer insights is incredibly important. This is the best book I've read on the topic. Lisa does a terrific job of highlighting the role of insight, how to identify one and how to use one.
Rodrigo
A classic! A little bit out-of-date, but easy-to-read, inspiring, insightful, full of knowledge and expertise, and really enlighting for anyone who may want to work in the advertising business.
Alyse
Really simple and clear book---easy and fun read... if you are into advertising and learning to do it better. I read it for my account planning class.
Tanya Flores
Apr 25, 2009 Tanya Flores rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: advertising majors looking for fluff.
Very clear and appallingly easy to read for a supposed text book. The typeface is gigantic, and a huge turn off. The organization is a bit unclear.
Chip Miller
This is an Account Planning handbook/workbook. The author provides a clear method for identifying the 'sweet spot' of the market.

Kate Zirkle
Great book with great insight. This is probably the core of my knowledge on marketing and advertising.
Deanna Schetselaar
Refreshing in simplicity of a complex matter. Finding the consumer insight never seemed so reachable.
Steve Coscia
This book helped me zoom in my customer's sweet spot. Wonderful insight.
Trangneu
excellent book about customer insight
Kim
Kim is currently reading it
May 03, 2015
Arita
Arita added it
Mar 10, 2015
David Jurney
David Jurney marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Erwet Sie
Erwet Sie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Michelle Lach
Michelle Lach marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Sana
Sana is currently reading it
Oct 02, 2014
Rob Eberlein
Rob Eberlein marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hitting The Sweet Spot Hitting the Sweet Spot Consumer Insight Workbook: How Consumer Insights Can Inspire Better Marketing and Advertising