Start by marking “Trouble at Fort Lapointe (American Girl History Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
Trouble at Fort Lapointe (American Girl History Mysteries, #7)

Trouble at Fort Lapointe (American Girl History Mysteries #7)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  277 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A 2001 Edgar Allan Poe Award Nominee for Best Children's Mystery!

Suzette Choudoir has spent each of her twelve summers at La Pointe Island on Lake Superior, where Ojibwe people camp by the French fur-trade fort. It is 1732 and if her papa wins the trappers' competition, the prize will let him stay with his Ojibwe family year-round instead of wintering in far-off Montréal

Published September 1st 2000 by American Girl (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble at Fort Lapointe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble at Fort Lapointe

Rebecca
The year is 1732. Twelve-year-old Suzette is a part of two worlds - her father is a French fur trapper and her mother an Ojibwe Indian. Every winter her father has to leave the family's home on Lake Superior and journey to far-off Montreal. However, if he can come up with enough money to pay off his contract, he will be allowed to remain with his family year-round. To that end, he has entered himself in a fur trapping competition; whoever traps the most pelts wins. Suzette is positive her father ...more
Renee
This is a very good book with a fascinating time period. I really enjoyed this book. It was a very interesting and good read. It was very well-written - another good History Mystery by Kathleen Ernst!
Miss Clark
Interesting read. Nice portrayal of the Ojibwe tribe, native to my state, so this was a favorite for State History lit. projects for my family.
Steph
Not bad, a little longer than the original American girls collection, but still not the greatest thing I've ever read.
Bronte Gentile
Bronte Gentile marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Shuli
Shuli marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kelvey
Kelvey marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Brooke
Brooke added it
Dec 02, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Kierstin
Kierstin marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Needaname
Needaname marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
  • The Night Flyers (American Girl History Mysteries, #3)
  • Shadows in the Glasshouse (American Girl History Mysteries, #10)
  • Under Copp's Hill (American Girl History Mysteries, #8)
  • Riddle of the Prairie Bride (American Girl History Mysteries, #12)
  • Mystery at Chilkoot Pass (American Girl History Mysteries, #17)
  • Mystery of the Dark Tower (American Girl History Mysteries, #6)
  • Hoofbeats of Danger (American Girl History Mysteries, #2)
  • The Smuggler's Treasure (American Girl History Mysteries, #1)
  • The Minstrel's Melody (American Girl History Mysteries, #11)
  • The Silent Stranger: A Kaya Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
I grew up in Maryland, in a house full of books! Both of my parents were avid readers, thank goodness. Before we traveled to a new area, my librarian-mom used to bring home historical novels set in that place. It was a great way to get excited about history.

I began writing stories when I was maybe 10 or 11. At 15 I wrote my first novel; I sold my first novel to a publisher 20 years later! Writing
More about Kathleen Ernst...
Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (Quality)) Meet Caroline (American Girls: Caroline, #1) Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) Caroline's Secret Message (American Girls: Caroline, #2) A Surprise for Caroline (American Girls: Caroline, #3)