Start by marking “The End of the Age” as Want to Read:
The End of the Age

The End of the Age

Today there is unprecedented interest in the end times. Scientists admit that a meteor almost hit the earth. Citizens are concerned for their safety and our future. In this fast-paced, page-turning novel, The End of the Age portrays the real possibility that a world-wide catastrophe will trigger prophetic events predicted in Revelation that bring the world to the edge of t ...more
Published September 8th 2002 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The End of the Age, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of the Age

Charlotte
Wassup, Pat Robertson! I'd love it if you were reading this. Unfortunately you probably believe the Internet is evil. A shame, really, because you could really use what I'm gonna say.

FIRST OFF! Write better endings! I mean, your book ends with a bunch of people flying into the sky and singing. There isn't even any rapture in this book. It's just...at the end, people fly in the sky, *singing*. That's suckish.

Secondly! Write characters with personalities! Not just a married couple who, when they'
Lynn
Feb 24, 2009 Lynn rated it really liked it
Very good what if book. Are you prepared?
Michael James
Sep 03, 2012 Michael James rated it really liked it
This is a great story from Pat Robertson.

Even though I'm not a born-again christian, I appreciated it. The events were plotted amazingly. The characters are lovely. I was so happy with the ending. Also, the part that talked about the Indian gods was amazing. I also have to complement the part Robertson included AIDS. I did a good report about the said disease because I read it here.

But, there's a part I didn't really like. Some parts were boring. Some are not interesting. It took me at least a d
Mat Whitehead
Jun 04, 2015 Mat Whitehead rated it it was ok
I know this is going to seem skeptical since I was only able to bare 47 pages of this book. It wasn't exactly my cup of tea and I doubt I will ever pick it up to finish it. The author switched, even in third person, skipped threw POV's more than I could keep up with, the plot was greatly undefined, and the characters too melodramatic. The fact that the main character has studied astronomy is to coincidental, and the conversation before the news was released was quite informative, lessening the q ...more
ChaCha Ala Mode
Oct 27, 2015 ChaCha Ala Mode rated it it was ok
This book actually amazingly is a well written story. I read it when I was trying to be a Christian. I enjoyed it and found it to be well written. Sadly the focus is on what happens when you do not find God before the Rapture. It is a fear based underlying story. It is fictional but in my opinion the writer truly believes this the future truth and admonishes the reader to find salvation before it is too late.
Tiffany-Rae Lowe
Jan 28, 2013 Tiffany-Rae Lowe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
This book took me a year to read but I told my Grandfather I would get through it even though I was not really into it. There were good parts and bad parts. Some brought me in so much I didn't want to put it down while others I just wanted to rip my hair out because it was so boring. I get what he was trying to do and the story line is good just the execution in my opinion could have been better.
Keith Bell
Well, if John supposedly wrote Revelations in a febrile state while on a penal island I guess it is only fitting I read this book with a fever.... Otherwise I probably wouldn't have got through it. Starts out OK but gets worser and worser (I know that is poor grammar but it is accurate in describing this book).
Enoc Ramirez
Dec 10, 2012 Enoc Ramirez rated it liked it
The beginning of The book started off fine. I was intrigued and enjoy hear the main characters back story, but after that everything went down hill. It made no sense. He a guide and, to me it seems like he disregarded it. His theological points where off. If he want to know what he did wrong he should read the bible because the rapture is ment to happen before the tribulation.
Barb
Jun 19, 2015 Barb rated it liked it
I really liked the book until about half to 3/4 way through, then it just flopped. The ending was a disappointment because it really wasn't very good. Even thought I didn't agree with much of his theology, the first half was pretty good fiction.
Daniel
Apr 26, 2008 Daniel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only the desperate.
Well, I gave the book 2 stars, instead of one. Only because the premise was good. The writing itself was atrocious. If someone is inspired by this book, then Pat Robertson should be happy. For finally he will be doing the work of God. Because, only God can bring a new believer, with this material.
Rick
Aug 03, 2008 Rick rated it liked it
Wasn't expecting much, but found this to be rather engaging. I liked the way the domino effect of the downward spiral was communicated.
Melissa Snow
May 22, 2010 Melissa Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this book. Once I picked it up I had a hard time putting it down!!! Great End-Times fiction.
Mary
Aug 14, 2012 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book literally scared the crap out of me. Opened my eyes to many things and made me really search my heart and the real truth. Still it was very overpowering.
David Newell
David Newell rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2011
Leslie Rex Stockel
Leslie Rex Stockel rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2011
Calle
Calle rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2011
Tia Musick
Tia Musick rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Rich Breton
Rich Breton rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
Rod Clabaugh
Rod Clabaugh rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Michael Sechler
Michael Sechler rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2011
Joan Quick
Joan Quick rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Clay Davis
Clay Davis rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Jessica Moore
Jessica Moore rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Alex Ash
Alex Ash rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2012
Jeff Herman
Jeff Herman rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2008
Jessica Hinkle
Jessica Hinkle rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Johnathan
Johnathan rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Anna Torvik
Anna Torvik rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Fire of Heaven (Fire of Heaven, #3)
  • The Roman, the Twelve and the King (Epic Order of the Seven #4)
  • Shaken (Left Behind: The Kids, #23-25)
  • Angels Are For Real
  • Persecuted: I Will Not Be Silent
  • The Mark of a Man
  • Solar Flare
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • 101 Hymn Stories: The Inspiring True Stories Behind 101 Favorite Hymns
Marion Gordon "Pat" Robertson is a controversial televangelist from the United States. He is the founder of numerous organizations and corporations, including the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), the Christian Coalition, Flying Hospital, International Family Entertainment, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, and ...more
More about Pat Robertson...