Start by marking “Silly Milly (Scholastic Reader Level 1)” as Want to Read:
Silly Milly (Scholastic Reader Level 1)

Silly Milly (Scholastic Reader Level 1)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A Level 1 easy reader with a great title, great game, and great illustrator!

This delightful, rhyming easy reader is one big riddle. Miss Milly likes green but not red, butter but not bread, seeds but not flowers, and umbrellas but not showers.

Readers are invited to guess why Miss Milly likes what she does. The answer? She likes double letters!

Whacky illustrations by Nadi
Published April 1st 2010 by Cartwheel Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Silly Milly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silly Milly

Jessica Oban
I've gotta be honest: the book is presented as a riddle and the answer totally took me by surprised. It was fun to go back and look at what Milly likes and how it fits into the riddle's answer.
Jazmin Palma
Bright colorful pictures on each page to engage the child. I daughter loved the book and it contains good vocabulary to learn. The book it self would be the activity and having the children guess the riddle about Silly Milly. It would be fun to see what the children come up with.
Ms. Landrum's Class
I LIKE THIS BOOK BECUASE SOME TIMES SHE LIKES STUFF THAT IS CRAZY.

RG
Mary
My granddaughter loves this book.
Apr 08, 2012 Laura added it
Shelves: edsl-520
Lewison, Wendy Cheyette. Silly Milly. (2010)

Annotation: Miss Milly like words like "butter" and "seeds", but does not like words that seem to go with the words she does like such as "bread" and "flowers". You have to figure out why she likes those words but not the other.

Themes: spelling, likes and dislikes

Ways to use with children: Since this is a riddle book you can have the students figure out why she likes those words. You can also talk about the relationships between the words put together.
Tam
J-Lynn
An interesting early reader book where Silly Milly only likes things that have double letters in them. The book has a repetitive pattern and rhyming to help beginning readers decode the text. However, the pictures, while fun and silly are overly detailed which makes the pictures hard to decode for picture support to understand the text which is needed at this level of reading.
Ronna
Bright pictures full of discussion possibilities, add a lot to this book. Short sentences on each page, with a mystery solved on the last page. Double letter words are part of this book, adding a skill level for new readers. Silly story definitely appeals to new young readers, helping to mask sounding out word frustrations.
Tiffany
This book contains a riddle about Miss Milly. Your child has to figure out why she is so silly! My 6-year-old thought this was a funny book, and it was a solid Level One read.
Tori
Perfect book for a beginning reader. The pictures are great and the story is entertaining for both boys and girls
Karen
My girls like it. They even occasionally talk about silly Milly and what she would and would not like.
Nikki
I loved the illustrations and cute riddles in this book. My daughter enjoyed this book very much.
Graci
Cute. Riddle for young or early readers. Pictures are really vibrant and fun.
Chrystal
This is an excellent riddle for early readers.
Sheila Read
I remember the cover but just not the story
Shelli
cute little story for early readers.
Cathy
Cathy added it
Aug 22, 2015
Erica
Erica added it
Jul 22, 2015
Behappygaly
Behappygaly marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Susan Ulsh
Susan Ulsh marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Meenakshi Kharbanda
Meenakshi Kharbanda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Reid
Reid added it
Jun 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Raindrop, Plop! Going to Sleep on the Farm Buzz Said the Bee (Hello Reader, Level 1) (Hello Reader) I Wear My Tutu Everywhere! The Princess and the Potty (Stories to Go!)