Start by marking “Can God Be Trusted?: Finding Faith in Troubled Times” as Want to Read:
Can God Be Trusted?: Finding Faith in Troubled Times

Can God Be Trusted?: Finding Faith in Troubled Times

Father Williams explores the most common obstacles that prevent people from trusting God, including personal betrayals, unfulfilled expectations, and seemingly unanswered prayers. He then explains what is reasonable to expect from God and offers practical tips for ways to grow in trust.

Williams is becoming a revered voice in the Christian community for his insightful writi
Published October 13th 2009 by FaithWords (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Can God Be Trusted?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can God Be Trusted?

Cym Lowell
Mar 07, 2010 Cym Lowell rated it liked it
Can GOD be Trusted? by Thomas D. Williams (Faith Words, Hachette Book Group 2009)

A catchy title is a wonderful beginning for a book. This one is ideal. Don’t we all wonder at one point or another in our lives if God can be trusted?

When I picked this book up and started reading it, I was fascinated by the author – an American priest who is a Vatican analyst for several news organizations. “He must have a lot to say that will be enlightening for me,” I thought. Faith is an important part of my lif
Ellen Christian
Nov 29, 2009 Ellen Christian rated it really liked it
Can God Be Trusted? deals with the question of whether or not we can trust God in today's troubled times. Father Williams discusses several reasons why people don't trust God today based on a survey he took. He gives us real life answers from real people who are facing many of the same issues we face today. He backs up his recommendations and suggestions with scripture verses.

Father Williams discusses the five obstacles we face in trusting God. These obstacles are our education, our wealth, our
J.D.
Oct 25, 2009 J.D. rated it liked it
It seems like recently I find myself wondering why certain people feel the need to write a particular book, especially when several variations of essentially in print and have pretty much established some basic principles. While it seems that different people may come to this book than others(possibly as Catholic's), it still does not manage to tread new life into a topic that seems already beaten into the ground.

One of the major reasons this book did not get a lower grade, however, involves hi
Lori
Mar 25, 2010 Lori rated it really liked it
If you are wanting to know how to deepen your trust in God or wanting to know how to trust in God, this book will provide you with many key points to roll over in your mind.

The author provided me with other ways of thinking about God and what he promised to all of us. I really appreciated the chapters that caused me to look what I am "expecting" from God, as well as the chapters that reminded me of what GOD does promise me and how he delivers.

Bridget
Nov 16, 2009 Bridget rated it liked it
Father Williams is a priest and a Vatican analyst. In this book, he talks about the reasons that some people don't trust God because of several different reasons. This book has the potential to help those without faith begin a relationship with God.

I think this book will be most helpful to believers who are questioning the ways of the world.
Giselle
Nov 09, 2009 Giselle rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Giselle by: goodreads
Shelves: first-reads
This is one of the best books I have read, not only for myself, but to encourage and read with others. The writing is clear and easy to understand for those with little church background, yet challenges and encourages the most experienced believer. In describing the different areas of trust it is clear both why we must trust God, and how to trust God. Highly recommend!
Sherry
Nov 15, 2009 Sherry rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. If you have had trust issues of any kind then you should read this. The author talks about why distrust is a problem and why trust is important. Then he talks about why God should be trusted and how you can learn to trust god.

Everyone could do better at that it seems. Especially me.
Fred Roldan
Fred Roldan rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Salvatore
Salvatore rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2011
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2010
William
William rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2015
Katie Earley
Katie Earley rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2010
Chuck
Chuck rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2010
Andita
Andita marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2009
MJ
MJ marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2009
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2009
Barbara Beach
Barbara Beach marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2009
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2009
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2009
Israel Saborit
Israel Saborit marked it as to-read
May 20, 2010
Carmel Chapline
Carmel Chapline marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Bernadette Bland
Bernadette Bland marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
William Xavier
William Xavier marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, LC, is dean of the theology school at the Regina Apostolorum Pontifical University in Rome. He has also worked extensively for Sky News in Britain covering church and ethical issues. For both NBC and Sky News, Williams covered the final illness and death of Pope John Paul II, the 2005 papal conclave, and the election of Pope Benedict XVI. Williams has appeared as analyst on ...more
More about Thomas D. Williams...