Start by marking “Emily Green and Me” as Want to Read:
Emily Green and Me

Emily Green and Me

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
After years of illness, eleven-year-old Emily receives the heart of a seventeen-year-old boy who has died in a motor-bike accident. But the organ comes with an attachment: the boy who had it first is still hanging around. From 'up-there' he watches as she recovers - sometimes exasperated, other times with heart-warming tenderness.Their worlds couldn't be more different. Em ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Umuzi

To ask other readers questions about Emily Green and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily Green and Me

Tiah
Nov 23, 2011 Tiah added it
A unique story which the reader 'views' the story as if through a screen door. This tone echoes the storyline and the 'second' character (of whom I longed to 'hear' more from).

This is a good book for anybody looking for an adult novel that is suitable (and would be good discussion material / thought provoking) for a YA readership.
Kate
A completely unexpected book. I loved the concept from the moment I ready about it on-line but what I loved even more is that I never expected the story to turn out the way it did.
S.A. Partridge
As a collector of South African fiction, I had Emily Green and Me on my shelves for a long time. It was only recently, when author Kate White told me the plot of her upcoming novel, that I picked up the book with a sense that I was about to read something special.

Emily Green and Me is a book about two very different people. The first is a young girl who desperately needs a heart transplant, and the second is the feisty young man who gives her that heart.

After the operation, Emily finds herself
Bookventures Book Club
Zara
For some reason, I wasn't able to connect with this story. At times I would drift away from the story or skim a whole load of pages. I'm really sad about this because I thought that I would have greatly enjoyed the book.
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Debbie Rogers
Debbie Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
Martha van Zyl
Martha van Zyl marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Kathryn
Oct 05, 2011 Kathryn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Jayme
Jayme marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2010
Belynda
Belynda marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2010
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2009