Start by marking “Dilbert Gives You the Business” as Want to Read:
Dilbert Gives You the Business

Dilbert Gives You the Business (Dilbert #14)

Everyone who reads Dilbert and works in an office will appreciate this newest collection, Dilbert Gives You the Business. Creator Scott Adams tells it like it is through the insane business world inhabited by Dilbert. If frustration and lunacy are an inevitable part of your workday, appropriate measures must be taken immediately.

After 10 years of syndication, Dilbert is un
Published August 1st 1999 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dilbert Gives You the Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dilbert Gives You the Business

Joe
Apr 30, 2016 Joe rated it liked it

The same popular Dilbert cartoons we all know... organized differently! These strips are arranged by profession (jokes about middle-managers are all put together, same with salespeople, engineers, etc.) So narrative flow is sacrificed for, I suppose, ease of finding something appropriate for your cubicle wall.

This is not the most head-scratching Dilbert collection to hit the market. There's one that added Sudoku puzzles with no more explanation than that Sudoku was the craze of the day. I don't
Brian
Feb 06, 2017 Brian rated it did not like it
So bad. Written by a rich guy who thinks he is smart and funny but is very, very wrong. This book made me embarrassed for Scott Adams.
Nia Nymue
Jun 12, 2014 Nia Nymue rated it really liked it
(Might be skewing the consistency of my ratings by giving this four instead of three stars.) Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Noticed this strip in the newspaper when I was younger but didn't find it funny. I think it gets funnier when you've worked with people in some kind of organisation. It also helped that it was organised by topic, so you don't need much prior knowledge of the comic content to enjoy each strip.
 Maksim
Dec 20, 2016 Maksim rated it really liked it
Очень контрастные комиксы, от полного уныние до весьма специфичного юмора :)
rabbitprincess
Jun 04, 2009 rabbitprincess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dilbert fans
I am always going to give five stars to a Dilbert collection, because I love the comic. However, I probably should not have read this book right on the heels of It's Not Funny If I Have to Explain It, because both of these are best-of collections and as such include a lot of the same material. But anyway, most people won't be reading those two one right after the other, so Dilbert Gives You the Business is still a good read. The format of this book is unique: it sorts strips by subject matter, s ...more
Narariel
Jan 28, 2016 Narariel rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
The book is a fun collection of Dilbert strips, collected by theme rather than date. Focused on the business world, it's a good read to brighten a discouraging work day, though some strips might hit home more than others. Topic range from Annoying Coworkers to Security to Performance Reviews. Due to the way it's organized, there's an occasional storyline that has strips in multiple sections, which can be annoying if you want to just read stories. Overall, it's an enjoyable read & "reference ...more
Erik
Oct 12, 2016 Erik rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, cartoon
This collection of the classic comic strip is a favorite of mind mainly due to how I can relate to the situations and personalities Scott Adams humorously conveys to readers. I am a CPA and have done corporate work for awhile now and there are many laugh out loud moments. However, the humor is somewhat cynical so if you don't like that and your aren't an office worker I would say you should pass on it. I usually don't like cynical humor but I'll make an exception for the inanities that abound in ...more
Martin
Nov 24, 2012 Martin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humour, reviewed
Most Dilbert strips are funny to begin with, so reading a "Best Of" collection such as this one is a garanteed good time. The strips in this book are organised by topic (Marketing, Human Resources, Interns, Management, and so on...), so if you feel like reading strips about a certain topic you don't have to keep looking through the book to find them.

One thing that sometimes dates Dilbert cartoons are the technological references (for example: pagers/beepers), but other than that, the office humo
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing
We all might have started out like Calvin with a great view of life. But after hitting the workforce we all somewhat become Dilbert. Everyone knows someone like one of the characters in the strips. Highly recommended
Aditya Mallya
Jun 02, 2012 Aditya Mallya rated it liked it
The better strips are concentrated in the beginning of the collection, so it starts to wear a little thin towards the end. Also, the editing is a little sloppy - several strips are repeated or in the wrong section.
Donnell
May 27, 2014 Donnell rated it liked it
Fun--giving you a sense of various business aspects since the cartoons are grouped by theme.

Strange that it has been over 20 years since I was in a business (law firm) environment, yet still cringing at the thought that I spent time with some of the stuff raised in this book.
Charlotte
Dec 14, 2011 Charlotte rated it really liked it
Funny comics. I like how it was organized by topic. Made it easy to find the perfect comic to show my point.
Luis Perez
Oct 20, 2009 Luis Perez rated it liked it
Fiction. A sweet collection of the best Dilbert business cartoons, indexed by categories such as programmers, gender relations, consulting and of course, management. First read this in 2000.
Jane
Mar 04, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
So enjoyable for anyone who needs a lift, especially those who (like me) have ever worked in the corporate world. Many of the strips had me laughing out loud, just what I needed right then.
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2011
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2013
Nicky Groh
Nicky Groh rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Samantha Holtorf
Samantha Holtorf rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Shiroiken
Shiroiken rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Leo
Leo rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2012
David
David rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2011
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Katelin Marchand
Katelin Marchand rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
New World Publishers, LLC
New World Publishers, LLC rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Rafa Chapa
Rafa Chapa rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Renuka Prasad
Renuka Prasad rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Elise
Elise rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2016
Jesper Badstue
Jesper Badstue rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Subroto
Subroto rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2012
  • Wrapped-Up FoxTrot: A Treasury with the Final Daily Strips
  • Unnatural Selections
  • Da Brudderhood of Zeeba Zeeba Eata: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
  • User Friendly
  • One Last Little Peek, 1980-1995: The Final Strips, the Special Hits, the Inside Tips
  • Alternative Zits (Zits Treasury, #6)
  • Doonesbury Deluxe: Selected Glances Askance
  • A Right to Be Hostile: The Boondocks Treasury

Adams was born in Windham, New York in 1957 and received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Hartwick College in 1979.

He also studied economics and management for his 1986 MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.

In recent years, Ada
More about Scott Adams...

Dilbert (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Always Postpone Meetings with Time-Wasting Morons
  • Build a Better Life by Stealing Office Supplies: Dogbert's Big Book of Business
  • Dogbert's Clues for the Clueless
  • Shave the Whales
  • Bring Me the Head of Willy the Mailboy!
  • It's Obvious You Won't Survive by Your Wits Alone
  • Still Pumped from Using the Mouse
  • Fugitive from the Cubicle Police
  • Casual Day Has Gone Too Far
  • Seven Years of Highly Defective People: Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the Evolution of Dilbert

“If you want to kill an idea without being identified as the assassin, suggest that the legal department take a look at it.” 14 likes