How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  14 reviews
“It’s over. Now what?”

Suffering from a broken heart? Afraid you’ll never get over this feeling of emptiness and loss? You can, and with the help of this easy-to-follow program of action, you will.

Follow Howard Bronson and Mike Riley as they lead you through their thirty-day plan for recovering from your broken heart. They will guide you through a brief period of mourning f...more
Published May 14th 2002 by Harmony (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days

Erin
I was not expecting to have to be a guinea pig for this one, but heartbreak sucks. And causes mucho purchasing of self-help tomes. I read this in conjunction with a (not bad) more traditional "grieving your relationship than being stronger" book. I much preferred this. It didn't make me do long assignments, it taught me how to make myself cry, it said things affirmatively, rather than stressing I needed to believe them, and the chapters - one for each day - are short, manageable, nicely written...more
Maya
they sure want you to do a lot of work, considering they're two guys who say that doing too much of "the work" is pointless and time-consuming...

but i finished it and took a lot of their suggestions, mostly the things that pertain to making lists. i DID NOT get the pet rock!
Sara
Reasearch, my boy! It almost reads like a series of one-liners. I tell myself I finished it rather than have to add it to the "Didn't Finish" shelf.
Janell P
Sep 11, 2009 Janell P rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who's dumped
I'm not in the mood. ;-)
Ashley
Aug 08, 2008 Ashley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently going through a self help phase to help me get past my rough patch. I've read great reviews about this book and I'm going to the library today to find this book and check it out. If not, I might break down and buy it because it's gotten such high ratings. I'll let you know if you works.

***I'm having a hard time finding this book anywhere! Was there some mad rush on people having broken hearts this summer? I don't know. Maybe if I get a little birthday cash I will be able to order i...more
Stacy
I read this while attempting to cope with a break up. Each day you read a chapter and do the exercises that are supposed to help you heal and accept your new situation in life. I liked much of the advice and while the title is deceiving (because broken hearts sometimes linger for a lifetime and rarely heal in a designated time period), the book does contain helpful tools for dealing with depression and loss.
Athena
This book was terrible. It sounds as if it were written by 15 yr old girls making up advice just for grins: "hum yourself to sleep with a lullaby while wearing footie pajamas"?, "make a worry rock and carry it with you and take it out and pet it when you feel bad"? Seriously. I'm insulted! Guess I'm doing better than I thought. And it's only day 16. I'm done with this book.
Nicole
Got my heart smashed and read this book. I really enjoyed it. Each day you read one chapter and do the exercises in the book. I found it really helpful, especially when you wrote them out. It certainly didn't heal my heart in 30 days, but it did make me see that the person in question was horrible for me.
Melody
This is a must read for anyone one man or woman healing from the end of a relationship. This book will help you hela and grow and realize how wonderful being single is and how much you did not need your ex to be in your life any longer! Highly recommended!
Kevyn Bashore
A helpful, hope-filled book that gives practical, daily steps to finding center and healing after any type of painful, emotional breakup, breakdown, or divorce.
Miranda
This book was very helpful and motivating. The advice and language of the book was very well done.
Jennifer Wallace
This was a bust for me; it's primarily written for married people.
Kristýnka
advice from REAL GUYS.
A
Overall good advice
Katherine Yerkes
Katherine Yerkes marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Charles
Charles is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Tina Bryan
Tina Bryan marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Nicole Relox
Nicole Relox marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Dana
Dana is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Colleen Kearney
Colleen Kearney marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dog Gone:  Coping With The Loss Of A Pet Revised The Good Bye Book: How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days Great Idea! Now What? Good Idea] Now What? Free Enterprise: Free or Low Cost Techniques to Start Your Business, Idea, Invention Or, Double Your Existing Business