Start by marking “How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life” as Want to Read:

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
“It’s over. Now what?”

Suffering from a broken heart? Afraid you’ll never get over this feeling of emptiness and loss? You can, and with the help of this easy-to-follow program of action, you will.

Follow Howard Bronson and Mike Riley as they lead you through their thirty-day plan for recovering from your broken heart. They will guide you through a brief period of mourning f
Published May 14th 2002 by Harmony (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days

Erin
Jun 13, 2013 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
I was not expecting to have to be a guinea pig for this one, but heartbreak sucks. And causes mucho purchasing of self-help tomes. I read this in conjunction with a (not bad) more traditional "grieving your relationship than being stronger" book. I much preferred this. It didn't make me do long assignments, it taught me how to make myself cry, it said things affirmatively, rather than stressing I needed to believe them, and the chapters - one for each day - are short, manageable, nicely written ...more
Katie W
Jun 24, 2015 Katie W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is lovely. My copy has been passed from friend to friend in difficult times. I've even bought and sent new copies to friends going through difficult breakups or just going through the grieving process in general. It has wonderful self-care advice while also guidance for holding yourself accountable for your actions in a gentle way. Really a great read for those in the thick of it. Though - I do recommend reading as directed - one day at a time, one chapter at a time for the full 30 day ...more
Maya
Jan 24, 2010 Maya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
they sure want you to do a lot of work, considering they're two guys who say that doing too much of "the work" is pointless and time-consuming...

but i finished it and took a lot of their suggestions, mostly the things that pertain to making lists. i DID NOT get the pet rock!
Kevyn Bashore
Dec 06, 2012 Kevyn Bashore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A helpful, hope-filled book that gives practical, daily steps to finding center and healing after any type of painful, emotional breakup, breakdown, or divorce.
Sara
Sep 18, 2010 Sara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Reasearch, my boy! It almost reads like a series of one-liners. I tell myself I finished it rather than have to add it to the "Didn't Finish" shelf.
Joanne Nock
As the title suggests, this book is split into small chunks designed to be worked through daily. Some days there isn't any task as such, just answering a question about how you feel that day. Like most " self-help" books there are nuggets of gold in there, but also some more avant garde ideas such as carrying around a pet rock! yes, really.
For me, there wasn't enough substance and it moved on too quickly even though it advocates taking things in your own time. For someone genuinely bereft and
Janell P
Sep 11, 2009 Janell P rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who's dumped
I'm not in the mood. ;-)
Ashley
Aug 08, 2008 Ashley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently going through a self help phase to help me get past my rough patch. I've read great reviews about this book and I'm going to the library today to find this book and check it out. If not, I might break down and buy it because it's gotten such high ratings. I'll let you know if you works.

***I'm having a hard time finding this book anywhere! Was there some mad rush on people having broken hearts this summer? I don't know. Maybe if I get a little birthday cash I will be able to order i
Stacy
I read this while attempting to cope with a break up. Each day you read a chapter and do the exercises that are supposed to help you heal and accept your new situation in life. I liked much of the advice and while the title is deceiving (because broken hearts sometimes linger for a lifetime and rarely heal in a designated time period), the book does contain helpful tools for dealing with depression and loss.
Athena
Nov 19, 2010 Athena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was terrible. It sounds as if it were written by 15 yr old girls making up advice just for grins: "hum yourself to sleep with a lullaby while wearing footie pajamas"?, "make a worry rock and carry it with you and take it out and pet it when you feel bad"? Seriously. I'm insulted! Guess I'm doing better than I thought. And it's only day 16. I'm done with this book.
Nicole
Sep 05, 2009 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got my heart smashed and read this book. I really enjoyed it. Each day you read one chapter and do the exercises in the book. I found it really helpful, especially when you wrote them out. It certainly didn't heal my heart in 30 days, but it did make me see that the person in question was horrible for me.
Melody
This is a must read for anyone one man or woman healing from the end of a relationship. This book will help you hela and grow and realize how wonderful being single is and how much you did not need your ex to be in your life any longer! Highly recommended!
Miranda
Oct 31, 2012 Miranda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very helpful and motivating. The advice and language of the book was very well done.
Jennifer Wallace
Jan 26, 2008 Jennifer Wallace rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a bust for me; it's primarily written for married people.
A
Mar 10, 2013 A rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall good advice
Grumpycat2016
Grumpycat2016 marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Sakthi Kumar
Sakthi Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Judith Remington
Judith Remington rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Mcpuertosyahoo.Com
Mcpuertosyahoo.Com marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Althea
Althea is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Nidia
Nidia marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
sazzysdj
sazzysdj rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2016
Taryn
Taryn is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2016
Nikki Dudley
Nikki Dudley marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Nikolay Cholakov
Nikolay Cholakov marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Nawres Welhazi
Nawres Welhazi marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Kendra Hargis
Kendra Hargis marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Montserrat Garcia
Montserrat Garcia marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Fahriye Huntsman
Fahriye Huntsman marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
  • I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim Is Improving: Not Your Ordinary Breakup Survival Guide
  • Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You
  • Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide
  • How to Fall out of Love: How to Free Yourself of Love That Hurts--and Find the Love That Heals...
  • Mastering Public Speaking
  • How To Draw Manga
  • Serial Murderers and their Victims (Wadsworth Contemporary Issues in Crime and Justice)
  • The Oxford Companion to the Mind
  • Learning to Love Yourself: Finding Your Self Worth
  • Don't Call That Man!: A Survival Guide to Letting Go
  • Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within
  • Buddhism for Dummies
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas