Start by marking “Night Shield (Night Tales, #5)” as Want to Read:
Night Shield (Night Tales, #5)

Night Shield (Night Tales #5)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  2,430 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Roberts continues her popular "Night Tales" series with this brand-new "Silhouette Intimate Moments" story. A female cop tries to resist being seduced by her protector's smooth charm and good looks. Part of a $7 million marketing campaign for Silhouette's 20th anniversary program, including trade and online ads.
Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #1027, 244 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Night Shield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Shield

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardSomething About You by Julie JamesNaked in Death by J.D. RobbDream Man by Linda HowardA Lot Like Love by Julie James
Best Police Romances
54th out of 178 books — 160 voters
The Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Once And Future Prince by Olivia GatesThe Illegitimate King by Olivia Gates
Favorite Silhouette
36th out of 378 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
This is one of the best books in the series because I love the hero and heroine, their whole relationship, the family talk and time, the epilogue, everything, it was I guess the way it was written.

Ally's father Boyd(hero of the first book in the series), helped mentor and make Jonah when he was a kid, on the street getting involved in crime, so even though Jonah doesn't like cops he agrees to do Boyd a favor and have his daughter Ally and other cops go undercover at one of his clubs.

The case ro
Mojca
Alison Fletcher thinks she's got everything under control. Though her stalker-ish ex-boyfriend is trying to erase the "ex", her case is progressing rather smoothly, if you forget her father's drop-dead gorgeous former protégé's infuriatingly arousing presence. Then, she shoots a woman in self-defense and everything goes up the chimney with the dead woman's crazy brother coming after Alison with a vengeance, her father's gorgeous former protégé getting under her skin, and the stalker ex-boyfriend ...more
Esra
Allison'a bayıldım yaa kesinlikle babasına çekmiş :D Jonah'ın üzerine gittiği sahnelere bayıldım çok cüretkardı gerçekten :D Boyd'un da kızının ilişkisini öğrendiğinde verdiği tepkilere bayıldım yaa "Ben babalık krizi geçirirken sırıtma" :D onu kıskanç ve koruyucu bir baba olarak okumak çok güzeldi :)Serinin son kitabı olunca tabi serideki diğer tüm karakterleri de bir araya getirmişler hepsinin bulunduğu Boyd ve Cilla'nın düzenlediği barbekü partisini okurken çok eğlendim.. Seri bütünüyle güzel ...more
Duncan Mandel

Try to sleep at night.' A series of well-organised burglaries has Detective Allison Fletcher going undercover as a waitress in a high-class bar. It's not long before one of the wealthy customers is robbed, and Allison discovers how the con is being worked. Allison foils one of the burglaries and a gun is turned on her. She has no choice but to shoot the woman holding the weapon. The robber's psychotic, controlling brother knows who killed his beloved sister, and now he's out for revenge. When he

Yvonne (Fiction Books)
Since reading ‘Night Shield’, the 5th and apparently last story in the ‘Night Tales’ series (published back in 2000) and doing a little more research, I have discovered that this is a second generation book for the characters of Boyd and his wife Cilla (Allison’s mother and father), who appeared previously as the main protagonists in ‘Night Shift’, the 1st book in the series. Luckily, ‘Night Shield’ works great as a stand alone novel, as yet again I enter a series completely out of sequence!

This
Marian
Loving this series
Jen
The best in the series in my opinion. This one follows Cilla and Boyd's daughter Alison. Allie is all grown up and followed in her father's footsteps to become a cop. When she goes under cover to catch a B&E ring, she poses as a waitress in Jonah Blackhawk's bar.

Jonah has a troubled past, but feels he owes his entire life to Boyd Fletcher (Allie's dad) and agrees to let the cops into his place of business.

As Allie and Jonah grow closer, they close in on the criminals and take them down.

Al
Suzi
I loved this book and couldn't put it down, looked forward to getting the kids to sleep and making a cuppa for this one!
This is the first Nora Roberts book I have read and I am thrilled she is definitely going on my favourite authors list. I will be on the lookout for the others in the series and other books by her.
I found this book well written kept you guessing till the end,good strong characters that made you like them and feel like you knew them. A good mix of the doom and gloom of crime and
Melis
Bu kitapla birlikte seriyi bitirmiş bulunuyorum. Koca bir haftalık süre benim için Nora haftası oldu. Her hücrem "Nora abla sen ne muhteşem bir kadınsın öyle. Sıradan yazdıkların bile muhteşem ötesi." diyor :D Valla MacGregor'lar sonra Fletcher, Guthrie, Nightshade ve Piasecki ailesi ile çok güzel anlar yaşadım. Ve uyumayıpta okumak için harcadığım zamana hiç acımıyorum. Bu kitaplar ve Nora abla için değerdi :D

Son kitap kesinlikle çok hoştu. Özellikle Boyd'umun yavrusunu büyümüş olarak görmek v
Mimi
It's Nora Roberts, so how bad can it possibly be? I bought this e-book because I had a paperback edition with the other four novels in the series. I didn't like this one quite as much as the other four. The mystery seemed to take a real back seat to the romance. As someone who likes her murders mixed with romance but who is happy to take the murder without the romance, but not too much of the romance without the murder, it was a bit of a let-down for me.

That being said, I have to say I enjoyed t
HÜLYA
Bu ayki Harlequin Star of Romance sayısındaki Nora Roberts'in Güzel Tehlike isimli macerasini cok begendim.
Daha önceki maceralarin kahramanlarından Body Fletcher'in kızi Allison Fletcher'in hikayesi idi.O da babasi gibi polislik meslegini secmisti. Seçkin semtlerdeki evlerde hirsızlik yapan bir çetenin pesine düşmüstü. Cete mekan olarak Jonah Blackhawk'ın barında pusuya yatıyordu. Bu olayda Jonah'ın işbirligi gerekiyordu.
Jonah geçmışte sokak çocugu iken Body Fldtcher'in büyük yardımini görmüst
Liza Wiemer
What can I say? I was addicted to the entire series. This was my second favorite in the series, with the daughter of Boyd all grown up and working in the police force. When a series of robberies puts Ally undercover at a nightclub, sparks fly with the complicated Jonah the owner of the club, who had once been a troubled boy Boyd had mentored. Mystery and romance and Nora Roberts = a perfect combo.
Sandhya
I recently read the night tale series...and was fascinated by it even though they are old stories. I love Nora Roberts writing and have read almost all her books. I enjoyed this 5th book...Ally and Jonah as characters and loved catching up on all families of Ally.
Mwizzy
In my opinion, nora roberts is an "ok" writer. People say her novels are to die for, but I always get bored.
Just like now, it was so predictable and annoying. A lot of word are used repeatedly.
Polly
Loved this conclusion to a great series. Going back to the daughter of the original couple was brilliant.
I saw the start of Roark and Dallas in this one. Loved it.

Amy
This is one of my favorite Noras and I do not see how so many people can say that it is boring. One of my favorite scenes in this story is when Allison and her father are talking about her having a relationship with Jonah, and he says something along the lines that he is in a paternal crisis and he would not think any man was good enough for her. that scene is laugh out loud hilarious.

Only read this book by accident too, because I have it in the Night Tales series of books, but my sister is gett
Annette McIntyre
An interesting story about an undercover cop who is on a case trying to track down a ring of house thieves who are basing themselves out of a bar
Jess
Cute second generation book. Still wish we could get some for a couple of other series, but there's no reason to hold that against this one.
Sonia Cristina
Gosto muito de Cilla e Boyd, mas não gosto da sua filha Allison. Ao princípio, até simpatizava com ela mas depois quando se atirou descaradamente ao Jonah, não gostei nada, é que não me parece nada, mas nada como ela era antes. Não consegui apreciar grandemente esta série, leva nota positiva por causa da trama por trás do romance, sobre os roubos, que até foi interessante.

Mais uma vez, foi muito giro ver personagens anteriores e só tive pena de Gage não aparecer. A cena do churrasco com a famíli
Peter Charleston
Enjoyable. Cops, robbers and love.
Anitah Muwanguzi
Beautifully woven, Norah Roberts always give an enthralling romance. Was glued to each of these pages.
Lynda
I liked this book for the relationship between Jonah and Ally, they were cut from the same cloth. The
aggressive nature of their relationship added a depth and texture to the story. The knowledge of giving and taking was required for them to open their hearts to each other and the realization they would do anything for the other, even if it included irritating the other into submission. The dynamics of their relationship made the story fun to read and I chuckled several times from their bantering
Holly
This is pretty much my favorite Harlequin book ever. I re-read my original copy until it fell apart, and I'm now on copy #2. Hopefully, it'll eventually be released in ebook format.

Its been a few years since I read this, and since then, I've begun reading Roberts' In Death series (which she writes as JD Robb), and its clear that Night Shield's Jonah and Ally were the pre-cursor's to In Death's Eve and Roarke. Similar dynamic, with a lot of the same sparring dialogue.
Tania Martins
Gostei tanto da história da Allison e do Blackhawk...fartei-me de rir com este dois! E adorei duas cenasm quando o Boyd vai falar com ele na festa e tem uma conversa de pai para filho e quando eles estão todos na festa a jogar basquetebol...muito espirito familiar! Adorei ver a familia toda junta com os filhos todos e os casais todos...em suma muito bom!
Tanvi
A wonderful end to the amazing series!! Such powerful characters, story and suspense...just awesome! ^_^
Laura Elizabeth
It's funny-- I've always known I loved Nora's writing, and I've never really needed to be talked into reading them. But for whatever reason, my sister had read this and I hadn't... well, I was an idiot. I really liked the story, and the strong characters. Good read, though still no True Betrayals or Montana Sky.
Gina
A light and easy crime thriller story that serves as a great holiday companion for crime thriller lovers. Easy to read with lovable characters. The plot was simply too predictable. But the speed of the story was bull's eye and the language was easily digestable. I enjoyed the read.
Pari
I was not gripped by the book. The only good thing about the book was the pace with which things moved! It was my first "Nora Roberts", so I was probably expecting more. But then, may be I picked her wrong book.
What's The Name o...: ROMANCE- female cop undercover at nightclub [s] 4 131 Aug 29, 2011 05:57PM
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)
  • Missing in Death (In Death, #29.5)
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • Private S.W.A.T. Takeover (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #3) (The Precinct #9)
  • Outlaw (Silhouette Desire, #624)
  • Whitelaw's Wedding (The Protectors, #14) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1075)
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
  • Dante's Wedding Deception (The Dante Legacy #3)
  • The Reluctant Duke (The Scandalous St. Claires #2)
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • The Last Lone Wolf
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • The Soldier And The Baby (American Romance, No 573)
  • The Matchmaker (Once Upon A Time, #6)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

Night Tales (6 books)
  • Night Shift (Night Tales, #1)
  • Night Shadow (Night Tales, #2)
  • Nightshade (Night Tales, #3)
  • Night Smoke (Night Tales, #4)
  • Night Moves