Start by marking “Without One Plea” as Want to Read:
Without One Plea

Without One Plea

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When Chet Monroe is offered a job as a law professor at a university near his hometown of Mission Springs, Mississippi, he jumps at the chance to get away from the bustle of New York City and start a new life. The small town is happy to welcome home a successful native son. Chet doesn't come home alone, however. He brings with him his longtime lover, Drew Weatherly, who ta ...more
Published June 15th 2009 by iUniverse (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Without One Plea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without One Plea

GymGuy
This book had some positives, but the negatives far out-numbered them.

One the plus side: The story line was different, and it was interesting to read a story about a committed couple. Technically I didn't see any spelling/punctuation errors, a problem too common in books of this ilk.

However, on the minus side: It was far too long. If you cut out the unnecessary dialog tags, you could have eliminated 10% right there: there was hardly a quote in the book that didn't start or end with a tag. Every
Lanie
Jun 25, 2013 Lanie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Enjoyed every page of the book. I liked the details because I felt as if it helped the reader totally engage with the characters. The author helped the reader really identify the struggles the MC went through after making a choice to help his mother. I loved the tug of war that was going on in his heart, but yet he always made decisions that considered others. An eye opening book about the emotions and feelings that many people have to experience.
jules0623
Great idea, poorly executed. I wasn't particularly invested in the outcome for the MC - he was a bit of an asshole, tbh - because I didn't know or care enough about him. A good third of the book was useless information that had no bearing on the story in any way except to fill pages, which made the going tedious at times.
Ramble Redhead
A very well written book - very intense and I enjoyed every page of it
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Shon
Shon marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Pushubuu
Pushubuu marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Simsala
Simsala marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Lamar
Lamar added it
Jul 24, 2011
Vio
Vio added it
Dec 09, 2011
The Jewelry of Ken Cory: Play Disguised Reaching Beyond: Northwest Designer Craftsmen at 60 Q Magazine Presents: The Music Bible Only the Sound Itself Theodore Waddell: Into the Horizon, Paintings and Sculpture, 1960-2000