Start by marking “The Calhoun Women: Catherine & Amanda (Calhouns #1 & 2)” as Want to Read:
The Calhoun Women: Catherine & Amanda (Calhouns #1 & 2)

The Calhoun Women: Catherine & Amanda (The Calhouns #1-2 omnibus)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,850 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Follow the intriguing tale of the first two Calhoun sisters and the men who love them in this first collection that includes two full-length novels, "Courting Catherine" and "A Man for Amanda". This two-part collection presents the Calhoun legacy from start to end. Republished titles.
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published September 1st 2001 by Silhouette (first published December 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Calhoun Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Calhoun Women

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
92nd out of 204 books — 1,075 voters
The Pride of Jared MacKade by Nora RobertsLuring A Lady by Nora RobertsThe Stanislaskis by Nora RobertsThe Fall of Shane MacKade by Nora RobertsThe Heart of Devin MacKade by Nora Roberts
MRM Contemporary Romance Novels
37th out of 101 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

“The Calhoun women – Catherine and Amanda” are actually a compilation of two books (the series contains 5 in total) and the beginning of this romance/ mystery/ trip to the past story. It all centers on the Calhoun “castle” and the supposed buried treasure – an emerald necklace from the heroines grandmother, who is also somewhat present as a ghost and in flashbacks throughout the books. In the first book the girls struck a deal with the delicious Trent - CC’s (Catherine the mechanic) would be lov ...more
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 2011
Length: 303 pages
Setting: Contemporary, 1991. Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.

Courting Catherine
Sex: clean
Hero: Wealthy Real Estate / Hotel Developer.
Heroine: Mechanic

Highly enjoyable story with engaging characters and a good story leading into a 5-book series.

4 stars

A Man for Amanda
Sex: Explicit. Euphemistic. Twice.
Hero: Architect
Heroine: Assistant hotel manager.

Enjoyable but not as good as book 1. Nice but limited.

3 stars

The Calhouns:
Book 1 C
This book takes on the Calhoun women..Catherine, or CC, and her sister Amanda. They are very different. One has long dark hair, and loves to work on cars. The other is more prim and proper, and a control freak. She organizes everyone, and their families expenses, plus the hotel she helps manage. The story revolves around an ancestor Bianca, and her gems. There is a mystery about the death of Bianca, and what happened to her Emeralds. The family could use the money, with the bank breathing down t ...more
With all four sisters and their aunt in each of the four books, each in the series concentrates on one of the sisters. Interwoven in all the stories is another about their grandmother, the house she came to as a married woman in the early nineteen hundreds, and the difficulties she faced trying to resolve her notions of duty with her awakening love for another man. There is the mystery of a hidden necklace and hints of each of her granddaughters having to relive parts of what she faced since the ...more
I always enjoy a good Nora Roberts story, because they are quick reads with pretty fun plot lines. This was actually two separate stories in one book, featuring two of the four Calhoun sisters. Although the plot was somewhat predictable, there were a few twists and turns, and some pretty steamy love scenes as well. I'd probably buy the companion to this one, just to see what happens to the other two sisters.
I have read this book before, but wanted to re-read it. I had forgot a lot of what happened so it was like reading it for the first time. It was classic Nora. Her books are so good. Can't wait to read about the other two sisters. I really liked the mystery part of these books.
Her writing style has definitely improved over the years. I think I like her later books better as they're more in-depth.
Enjoyed them so much could not put the book down and could not wait to read the stories of the other two sisters.
Annette McIntyre
A couple of nice stories
Lady Raven RAVE!
I was quiet wary about reading this book because it was the first Nora Roberts book that i would have read, however once I started reading I couldn't stop. It was a great book with the romance of the four sisters and the underline story about their great grandmother and her mysterious romance and the Calhoun Necklace.
I'm in awe of how Nora Roberts captures the unique personalities of her heroines. Her characters really come to life on the page. I also enjoy the mystery of the lost jewels and the fate of the wonderful seaside castle that she's using to weave these separate stories together.
My first try at a Nora Roberts story. It was only ok, so I stopped after Catherine. Probably the wrong place to start because I think I don't like novellas much more than short stories. They're too superficial. It seems like there should be so much more to the story.
Classic Nora Roberts and I really enjoyed this. It deserved a 3.5 star rating. Moving straight onto the next book as I can't wait to read about Lilah and Suzanna and how they find their perfect partner.
Received as a RABCK, so I actually now have two copies of this one ... Light stuff, first in a series. Not one of her best, not one of her worst.
I liked Catherine and Amanda better than Lilah. Enjoyed this but I can't think of anything specific to say at the moment.
Kathy Anne

My review of these books is on the second book-Lilah and Susannas.I really liked both books and both of them are 5*
A nice fluffy read about sisters that get unbelievably lucky with finding the perfect man.
Missy Kibe
Not a bad book. It has it's funny points, but sorta corny on the love factor of the book.
read this book last week. loved the sory line. waiting to get the next book.
Jun 05, 2011 Tara added it
lots of fun, i love stubborn self sufficient women

Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance.
Jeanie Jackson
Typical, awesome Nora Roberts. Among my favorites.
Jan 21, 2010 Laula added it
lots of fun, i love stubborn self sufficient women
this was a great book.
So far so good..
Aug 07, 2011 Amanda added it
Good, good, good.
Denise Drummond
Denise Drummond marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Shay marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
  • Time Treasure
  • Brides to Be
  • Awakening Avery
  • Flaherty's Crossing
  • Chocolate Roses
  • Purchased by the Billionaire
  • Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2)
  • Netherworld
  • Dead of Night (includes In Death, #24.5)
  • Sand in My Eyes
  • Summer Sanctuary
  • Vankara (Vankara, #1)
  • Dawn in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 2)
  • Denting the Bosch: A Novel of Marriage, Friendship, and Expensive Household Appliances
  • Once Upon a Wager
  • This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3)
  • Love Song for a Raven
  • Bought by the Billionaire Prince (The Royal House of Niroli, #3)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)
  • Megan's Mate (Calhouns #5)