Start by marking “The Calhoun Women: Catherine & Amanda (Calhouns #1 & 2)” as Want to Read:
The Calhoun Women: Catherine & Amanda (Calhouns #1 & 2)

The Calhoun Women: Catherine & Amanda (The Calhouns #1-2 omnibus)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  1,977 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Follow the intriguing tale of the first two Calhoun sisters and the men who love them in this first collection that includes two full-length novels, "Courting Catherine" and "A Man for Amanda". This two-part collection presents the Calhoun legacy from start to end. Republished titles.
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published September 1st 2001 by Silhouette (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Calhoun Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Calhoun Women

Molly
Jan 27, 2015 Molly rated it really liked it
“The Calhoun women – Catherine and Amanda” are actually a compilation of two books (the series contains 5 in total) and the beginning of this romance/ mystery/ trip to the past story. It all centers on the Calhoun “castle” and the supposed buried treasure – an emerald necklace from the heroines grandmother, who is also somewhat present as a ghost and in flashbacks throughout the books. In the first book the girls struck a deal with the delicious Trent - CC’s (Catherine the mechanic) would be lov ...more
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 2011
Length: 303 pages
Setting: Contemporary, 1991. Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.

Courting Catherine
Sex: clean
Hero: Wealthy Real Estate / Hotel Developer.
Heroine: Mechanic

Highly enjoyable story with engaging characters and a good story leading into a 5-book series.

4 stars

A Man for Amanda
Sex: Explicit. Euphemistic. Twice.
Hero: Architect
Heroine: Assistant hotel manager.

Enjoyable but not as good as book 1. Nice but limited.

3 stars

The Calhouns:
Book 1 C
Juliewheatcox.Net
Sep 29, 2016 Juliewheatcox.Net rated it really liked it
Shelves: n-a-library
The Calhoun Women are beautiful & amazing. Their guys are hot & sexy. Need I say more?
Vicki
May 02, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
In Courting Catherine you meet the four sisters in the Calhoun family.
Both stories are great. There are several more books about the other sisters. All great reads. There are five books in all. Complete with mystery and treasure hunting. Maybe even a haunting comes to light.

Catherine is the first character we meet. She is fighting to keep the house while Trenton St. James wants to turn it into a hotel.

The sisters live in the family house just as the Calhoun's have for generations. They now w
Pamela
Feb 19, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing
This book takes on the Calhoun women..Catherine, or CC, and her sister Amanda. They are very different. One has long dark hair, and loves to work on cars. The other is more prim and proper, and a control freak. She organizes everyone, and their families expenses, plus the hotel she helps manage. The story revolves around an ancestor Bianca, and her gems. There is a mystery about the death of Bianca, and what happened to her Emeralds. The family could use the money, with the bank breathing down t ...more
Kinga
Oct 01, 2016 Kinga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ez egy nagyon aranyos, könnyed kis romantikus regény, a Harlequin-füzetek stílusában, csak attól kicsit hosszabban. Négy lánytestvér él együtt a nagynénjükkel egy ősi családi kúriában. Ebben a részben a lánytestvérek közül Catherine és Amanda történetével ismerkedhetünk meg bővebben a jelenben, miközben felsejlik egy titokzatos nyaklánc a múltból, és a lányok dédnagyanyjának (view spoiler).

Catherine története is tetszett, de Amandáé még jobban. Amanda és Slo
Maria
Jul 21, 2015 Maria rated it really liked it
With all four sisters and their aunt in each of the four books, each in the series concentrates on one of the sisters. Interwoven in all the stories is another about their grandmother, the house she came to as a married woman in the early nineteen hundreds, and the difficulties she faced trying to resolve her notions of duty with her awakening love for another man. There is the mystery of a hidden necklace and hints of each of her granddaughters having to relive parts of what she faced since the ...more
Holly
Jul 09, 2015 Holly rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a good Nora Roberts story, because they are quick reads with pretty fun plot lines. This was actually two separate stories in one book, featuring two of the four Calhoun sisters. Although the plot was somewhat predictable, there were a few twists and turns, and some pretty steamy love scenes as well. I'd probably buy the companion to this one, just to see what happens to the other two sisters.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it really liked it
I was quiet wary about reading this book because it was the first Nora Roberts book that i would have read, however once I started reading I couldn't stop. It was a great book with the romance of the four sisters and the underline story about their great grandmother and her mysterious romance and the Calhoun Necklace.
Tracy
Jan 01, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic Nora Roberts and I really enjoyed this. It deserved a 3.5 star rating. Moving straight onto the next book as I can't wait to read about Lilah and Suzanna and how they find their perfect partner.
DeAnna
Jan 21, 2009 DeAnna rated it really liked it
I'm in awe of how Nora Roberts captures the unique personalities of her heroines. Her characters really come to life on the page. I also enjoy the mystery of the lost jewels and the fate of the wonderful seaside castle that she's using to weave these separate stories together.
Autumn
Jun 16, 2015 Autumn rated it it was ok
Shelves: print
My first try at a Nora Roberts story. It was only ok, so I stopped after Catherine. Probably the wrong place to start because I think I don't like novellas much more than short stories. They're too superficial. It seems like there should be so much more to the story.
Josi
May 28, 2015 Josi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book before, but wanted to re-read it. I had forgot a lot of what happened so it was like reading it for the first time. It was classic Nora. Her books are so good. Can't wait to read about the other two sisters. I really liked the mystery part of these books.
Kathy Anne
Oct 30, 2011 Kathy Anne rated it it was amazing
Reread

My review of these books is on the second book-Lilah and Susannas.I really liked both books and both of them are 5*
Cheryl
Dec 21, 2014 Cheryl rated it liked it
Her writing style has definitely improved over the years. I think I like her later books better as they're more in-depth.
Jayshree
Jun 17, 2014 Jayshree rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed them so much could not put the book down and could not wait to read the stories of the other two sisters.
penelopewanders
Jul 27, 2009 penelopewanders rated it liked it
Received as a RABCK, so I actually now have two copies of this one ... Light stuff, first in a series. Not one of her best, not one of her worst.
Lauri
Apr 04, 2012 Lauri rated it liked it
I liked Catherine and Amanda better than Lilah. Enjoyed this but I can't think of anything specific to say at the moment.
Mariann Bell
Mariann Bell rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Adrienne Degregory
Adrienne Degregory rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2010
Julz
Julz rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2011
Debbie Reynolds
Debbie Reynolds rated it did not like it
May 25, 2008
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Jamie McCann
Jamie McCann rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2011
Julie Kelley
Julie Kelley rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Tomi Akinniyi-tayo
Tomi Akinniyi-tayo rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Awakening Avery
  • Time Treasure
  • Purchased by the Billionaire
  • Chocolate Roses
  • Secret Keepers
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • Denting the Bosch: A Novel of Marriage, Friendship, and Expensive Household Appliances
  • Love Song for a Raven
  • A Heart to Mend
  • A Dash of Temptation
  • The Embers
  • The Frenchman's Marriage Demand (Mistress To a Millionaire)
  • A Woman's Touch
  • Summer Sanctuary
  • Murder by Artifact: The Mystery Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #2)
  • Sand in My Eyes
  • The Firebrand (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy #3)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)
  • Megan's Mate (Calhouns #5)