Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)

Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  617 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Carolina Sullivan needs a man's body bad....

Only the most gorgeous hunk will save fast-track photographer Carly Sullivan's job, but finding the right man isn't easy when you're on a ship in the middle of the Caribbean and the model you hired turns out to be a disaster.

With her hopes sinking faster than the Titanic, Carly spots the most beautiful man she's ever seen. Ford...more
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 10th 2001 by Island Books

One for the Money by Janet EvanovichChocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeAbby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithMurder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
Best Cozy Mystery Series
360th out of 936 books — 1,000 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
403rd out of 945 books — 898 voters

More lists with this book...

Jane Stewart
Brooke
Oct 24, 2007 Brooke added it
Shelves: own, chick-lit
I went out to dinner the other night. In the foyer of the restaurant was a brown paper bag that said FREE BOOKS, I scurried over and got this one. There were only three books left, which just reminded me that there are so many "book-aholics" out there. It made me smile.
Anita Fleming
Love Overboard is a fun, sexy, RS light read. It is about a SEAL who is ordered to protect the adopted daughter of the head of a small Caribbean island. Carly is a TV commercial director who is finally getting a shot at doing something she can be proud of, a cruise ship commercial. Ford McKay is ordered to watch her because of death threats. McKay is not happy about the babysitting duty. The actor Carly is supposed to use turns out to be unacceptable and Carly is on the hunt on the ship for a re...more
Britta
Carly Sullivan is a world renowned photographer and cinematographer with a huge problem. She's shooting what she is sure will be a fantastic commercial for a cruise ship company (why do all of Christina Skye's novels take place on or have a major part to play on a cruise ship).

Problem? The actor they hired is not camera-worthy. So she needs to find a fill in ... a sexy fill in.

Ford McKay was just looking for a little R&R from his SEAL days. He wasn't looking to become an actor ... or start...more
Carly is a photographer working on an ad campaign for a cruise line. Ford McKay is a Navy SEAL on assignment--to protect Carly, but she doesn't know that when she picks him as the perfect guy for her commercials. Everything is going well...until Carly really does need protection, but she doesn't want McKay to protect her...

This is the second Christina Skye book I've read. It is better than the last with only a couple of things that bugged me. Skye was off on her timing a little near the end, but...more
Michelle
I read Going Overboard by Christina Skye and it totally fell flat for me. Ugh. Sometimes I wish I had the propensity to DNF a book, but I very rarely do. Especially by an author I usually enjoy, which Skye is. I just didn't CARE about this book at all. The characters did nothing for me, even the Navy SEAL hero. The "suspense" wasn't really suspense because you knew what was going on from the beginning. I really wanted to like this book, but no.
Brianna
it was okay. but the female character was getting on my nerves again. Christina has a problem of creating too much of a good thing. again this femal character ws a little bit too head strong for my taste. and the guy, he got on my nerves in the last chapter. i can understand why he did it, but still you don't push the one you love away.
Connie N.
Cute. That's the first adjective that comes to mind. It wasn't compelling by any stretch of the imagination, but the characters were nice and the story was a little different, including both romance and a bit of mystery. I'll probably read other books in the Navy SEALS series by this author.
D'Miria
Excellent read. I would love to see what happens next, but I am completely satisfied with how this book ended. I was on the edge of my seat in suspense the whole time. I loved all of the characters and I liked that the lead female was more independent than the damsel in distress.
Yorda
A pesar de no ser un libro para tirar cohetes, es muy ameno de leer. La única pega, para mi gusto, es que la trama principal del libro no aparece, o no cobra verdadera importancia, hasta más de la mitad del libro.
Este es de los libros que califico yo "para pasar el rato". =D
Loved this!!! Ford McKay is super mysterious and dangerously hot and Carly is strong, beautiful, independent and fiercely loyal. They are a wonderful pair. The story was full of excitement and I was entertained the whole way through. I cannot wait to read the next one!!
Cindi
A great read, quick and adventurous. I loved all the characters and believed their actions. There were a couple places where poor editing made me have to do a re-read but I got over it. Would love to read more stories about the secondary stars - especially IZZY!
Sarah Eiseman
Didn't end up finishing this book. I couldn't get into it. Perhaps I'll give this author another shot some other time. Plot seemed a little thin and dialogue a little contrived.
Linda
I was enjoying the premise behind this book, but it took a really long time to get to the point and then it just ended and it didn't make sense to me.
Dianna
This was really quite good. Lots of energy. There was romance but also plenty of action. Navy SEALs were involved. Nuff said! ;)
Michele bookloverforever
try it. you'll like it if you like romance and danger and intrigue.
Ruth Ellen
loved this book. it was a great story. and had a satifying ending.
Gjbates
A fun light romantic suspense with just a little suspense
Rachel
Kind of weird.
Donna
Donna added it
Jul 22, 2014
Lauren Wildenger
Lauren Wildenger marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
  • Ready
  • Head Over Heels
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Lone Rider
  • Crossfire (High Risk #2)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Be My Baby Tonight (The Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob...more
More about Christina Skye...
Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7) Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6) Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5) Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9) The Accidental Bride (Summer Island #2)