Start by marking “Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)” as Want to Read:
Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)

Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name #2)

Carolina Sullivan needs a man's body bad....

Only the most gorgeous hunk will save fast-track photographer Carly Sullivan's job, but finding the right man isn't easy when you're on a ship in the middle of the Caribbean and the model you hired turns out to be a disaster.

With her hopes sinking faster than the Titanic, Carly spots the most beautiful man she's ever seen. Ford
Published April 10th 2001 by Island Books

Jane Stewart
Brooke
Oct 24, 2007 Brooke added it
Shelves: chick-lit, own
I went out to dinner the other night. In the foyer of the restaurant was a brown paper bag that said FREE BOOKS, I scurried over and got this one. There were only three books left, which just reminded me that there are so many "book-aholics" out there. It made me smile.
Rachel
Jan 16, 2010 Rachel rated it it was ok
Kind of weird.
Christie P.
Apr 03, 2015 Christie P. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Going on a cruise as part of your mission, what more could an agent want? This agent would prefer not to be attracted to the body he is supposed to be protecting.

SEAL Ford McKay has been assigned to watch over Carolina "Carly" Sullivan and her best friend Daphne after some threats are made against Daphne's father. Carly just happens to be a photographer/videographer shooting a campaign for the cruise line and needs a male model ASAP since her scheduled model isn't as in shape as his photographs
Britta
Jan 23, 2010 Britta rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction, 2010
Carly Sullivan is a world renowned photographer and cinematographer with a huge problem. She's shooting what she is sure will be a fantastic commercial for a cruise ship company (why do all of Christina Skye's novels take place on or have a major part to play on a cruise ship).

Problem? The actor they hired is not camera-worthy. So she needs to find a fill in ... a sexy fill in.

Ford McKay was just looking for a little R&R from his SEAL days. He wasn't looking to become an actor ... or start
Anita
Mar 09, 2013 Anita rated it it was amazing
Love Overboard is a fun, sexy, RS light read. It is about a SEAL who is ordered to protect the adopted daughter of the head of a small Caribbean island. Carly is a TV commercial director who is finally getting a shot at doing something she can be proud of, a cruise ship commercial. Ford McKay is ordered to watch her because of death threats. McKay is not happy about the babysitting duty. The actor Carly is supposed to use turns out to be unacceptable and Carly is on the hunt on the ship for a re ...more
Elizabeth Hale
May 26, 2016 Elizabeth Hale rated it it was ok
Linda
Feb 21, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
(I changed my rating from a 4 to a 3.5 because it did have a hard time getting started.) This is the second in a series and a pretty good book. It started off a little slow but caught up with itself by the end. This is a story about a young lady named Carly Sullivan who was a great photographer and here she was on a cruise ship doing a commercial for the cruise line. Unfortunately, the guy that the company chose for the close ups was not exactly what they thought he was and she was left looking ...more
Dec 11, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
Carly is a photographer working on an ad campaign for a cruise line. Ford McKay is a Navy SEAL on assignment--to protect Carly, but she doesn't know that when she picks him as the perfect guy for her commercials. Everything is going well...until Carly really does need protection, but she doesn't want McKay to protect her...

This is the second Christina Skye book I've read. It is better than the last with only a couple of things that bugged me. Skye was off on her timing a little near the end, but
Michelle
Jan 25, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: traded-sold
I read Going Overboard by Christina Skye and it totally fell flat for me. Ugh. Sometimes I wish I had the propensity to DNF a book, but I very rarely do. Especially by an author I usually enjoy, which Skye is. I just didn't CARE about this book at all. The characters did nothing for me, even the Navy SEAL hero. The "suspense" wasn't really suspense because you knew what was going on from the beginning. I really wanted to like this book, but no.
Brianna
Feb 04, 2011 Brianna rated it liked it
it was okay. but the female character was getting on my nerves again. Christina has a problem of creating too much of a good thing. again this femal character ws a little bit too head strong for my taste. and the guy, he got on my nerves in the last chapter. i can understand why he did it, but still you don't push the one you love away.
Jul 03, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Loved this!!! Ford McKay is super mysterious and dangerously hot and Carly is strong, beautiful, independent and fiercely loyal. They are a wonderful pair. The story was full of excitement and I was entertained the whole way through. I cannot wait to read the next one!!
Yorda
Oct 13, 2012 Yorda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-mine
A pesar de no ser un libro para tirar cohetes, es muy ameno de leer. La única pega, para mi gusto, es que la trama principal del libro no aparece, o no cobra verdadera importancia, hasta más de la mitad del libro.
Este es de los libros que califico yo "para pasar el rato". =D
Cindi
May 15, 2011 Cindi rated it liked it
A great read, quick and adventurous. I loved all the characters and believed their actions. There were a couple places where poor editing made me have to do a re-read but I got over it. Would love to read more stories about the secondary stars - especially IZZY!
D'Miria
Excellent read. I would love to see what happens next, but I am completely satisfied with how this book ended. I was on the edge of my seat in suspense the whole time. I loved all of the characters and I liked that the lead female was more independent than the damsel in distress.
Peni
Jul 27, 2013 Peni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I love this series by Christina Skye. Each story stands on it's own but when reading them all, the story is only enhanced. These are fast paced and quite edgy. In my opinion, these stories are for adult readers.

Highly recommended.
Modesty_b
Apr 10, 2015 Modesty_b rated it really liked it
Shelves: creative, navy-seal
this one is a good read.. great on all the details but a little short on the romance side... the plots interesting and you are left wanting more... hope the others in the series are good enough.

P.S. It's my 1001 read :) :D
Connie N.
Jun 26, 2012 Connie N. rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, navy-seal
Cute. That's the first adjective that comes to mind. It wasn't compelling by any stretch of the imagination, but the characters were nice and the story was a little different, including both romance and a bit of mystery. I'll probably read other books in the Navy SEALS series by this author.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Modern
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Ruth Ellen
Jul 27, 2012 Ruth Ellen rated it it was amazing
loved this book. it was a great story. and had a satifying ending.
July
May 22, 2009 July rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
good
Sarah Eiseman
Feb 25, 2011 Sarah Eiseman rated it did not like it
Didn't end up finishing this book. I couldn't get into it. Perhaps I'll give this author another shot some other time. Plot seemed a little thin and dialogue a little contrived.
Linda
Feb 08, 2011 Linda rated it it was ok
I was enjoying the premise behind this book, but it took a really long time to get to the point and then it just ended and it didn't make sense to me.
Dianna
Apr 24, 2013 Dianna rated it really liked it
This was really quite good. Lots of energy. There was romance but also plenty of action. Navy SEALs were involved. Nuff said! ;)
Lisa
Feb 21, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
This was a fun slightly quirky read. A commercial photographer meets a Navy SEAL aboard a cruise ship...miscommunications ensue. Sit back and watch the sparks fly =)
Michele bookloverforever
Feb 06, 2013 Michele bookloverforever rated it really liked it
try it. you'll like it if you like romance and danger and intrigue.
Marilyn
This is a action packed story and romance!!!!!!!!!
Danielle Gignac
Dec 19, 2015 Danielle Gignac rated it liked it
A fun, fast-paced read.
Bobbie
Bobbie rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2011
  • On the Loose (Steele Street, #7)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Crossfire (High Risk #2)
  • Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #8)
  • Tag, You're It!
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • Risking It All (SEAL, #2; Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • Lone Rider
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off of You (D and S Security, #1)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye...

SEAL and Code Name (9 books)
  • 2000 Kisses (SEAL and Code Name, #1)
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)
  • Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6)
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)