The Italian Farmer's Table: Authentic Recipes and Local Lore from Northern Italy

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
150 recipes from northern Italy’s agriturismi, with beautiful full-color photographs. The Italian Farmer’s Table is a sumptuously illustrated cookbook featuring authentic recipes from more than thirty working family farms in northern Italy.
Published November 10th 2009 by Three Forks (first published 2009)

Ellen Christian
The Italian Farmer's Table is more than cookbook, it's a journey through Northern Italy. The Italian Farmer's Table is a paperback cookbook measuring 8 1/2" x 8" and contains 320 pages. This cookbook contains 150 authentic recipes and local lore from different areas of Northern Italy. It has eight chapters each of which focusses on a different area in Northern Italy.

The chapters included are Liguria, Piemonte, Valle D'Aosta, Lombardia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Veneto, and Emil...more
L-Isabella
Based around working family farms where you can be provided room & board as well as food, these agriturismis of Italy, offer a glimpse into how the people from other side of the ocean live.

Recipes are presented next to pictures of the families whose farms were visited in the making of the book, and the recipes are also seemingly easy to make per the ingredients and directions.

There are maps of the areas being discussed per the farms visited, and the color pictures are of real food as opposed...more
Ami
Jun 19, 2010 Ami rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, food
Did a quick flip-through and wasn't impressed. Hardly anything vegan. If you're into eating cheese and fresh (made with eggs) pasta, there's quite a few recipes for you, and if you're into dead animals like wild boar, there's even more! I, however, am not, so I didn't find a whole lot that interested me. Some of the cheese recipes sounded tempting, so I will copy them down, but even then they are very much the Northern Italian type of cheese--more sophisticated, sharper on the whole (like Asiago...more
Anne
I have really only skimmed this book.
I know that I will never try some of the recipes.
Others look quite interesting.
I love the photos and the information about the farms visited.
It's like a tour book and food book all in one.
Carla
Carla added it
Dec 26, 2013
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Kate
Kate added it
Oct 06, 2013
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Dona
Dona marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Marianna
Marianna marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Marieke
Marieke marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
Kat Warren
Kat Warren marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2011
Vibri Wulandari
Vibri Wulandari marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2011
Lacy
Lacy marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2011
The Southern Italian Farmer's Table: Authentic Recipes and Local Lore from Tuscany to Sicily