50 Easy Party Cakes

50 Easy Party Cakes

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Book annotation not available for this title.
Title: 50 Easy Party Cakes
Author: Brown, Debbie
Publisher: Tuttle Pub
Publication Date: 2004/09/30
Number of Pages: 112
Binding Type: HARDCOVER
Library of Congress: oc2007109100
Published January 15th 2005 by Merehurst Limited (first published November 28th 1999)

This one definitely has cute cakes, but I just don't get that fondant stuff. Does that stuff even taste good? I just can't imagine sinking my teeth into a gigantic cat made out of fondant. This book definitely has cakes of the look-but-don't-eat variety.

Hooray for buttercream!
Wendy Unsworth
I really am in two minds about this book.
It's bright, colourful and beautiful and it has some really lovely and imaginative designs. There is a basic madiera recipe at the beginning with different flavourings and a table for quantities for the various cakes. Also some information about icings. Then on to the designs - a large colour photo of each and below the instructions some smaller photo's showing construction.
So far, so good.
What I found a little disappointing is the sheer amount of fond...more
Robin
Has super cute cakes for kids. Israel wants ALL of the boy ones and Eliza LOVES the fairy cake and castle cake. Israel's favorite is the race track with fast cars. I love the realistic frog. The directions are very detailed which I need. It is an all fondant book and I don't love the taste, but can't deny how amazing that stuff is in character cakes.
Lia
The designs are really cute and simple but I won't say that it's easy to make. Definitely needs a lot of practice to be able to make it like the pictures in the book.
Paul (formerly known as Current)
Rebecca loves the formula 1 racer. Someone needs to invent a material like this frosting that people can build real houses with.
Just - The romance reader
This book has some really adorable party cake ideas. The visuals are great, and help make the instructions easy to understand.
Sherry
Apr 13, 2009 Sherry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cake decorators
Recommended to Sherry by: Amy Reid
Cute, fun children's party cakes. Some fondant know-how required, but mostly just patience and basic art abilities.
Brandi
The cakes are beautiful however I do not care for all of the fondant.
Sebah
لطيف. الأشكال فيه حلوة، نوعا ما.
Anu
Excellent - simple and creative!
Myrtle
Myrtle marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Myrtle
Myrtle marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Naste Baranauskaite
Naste Baranauskaite marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Hoa Dang
Hoa Dang marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ian Pickard
Ian Pickard marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Annette Lynge
Annette Lynge marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Jonathan Mendonça
Jonathan Mendonça marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Damilola Florence
Damilola Florence marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Debbie Brown's Enchanted Cakes for Children Debbie Brown's Magical Cakes Cartoon Cakes Naughty Cakes: Step-by-Step Recipes for 19 Fabulous, Fun Cakes Gorgeous & Gruesome Cakes for Children: 30 Original and Fun Designs for Every Occasion