Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)

Storm Warning (Whisper Lake #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The rustic lakeside homestead is supposed to be a refuge for widow Nori Edwards. However, the moment the single mom arrives, strange and frightening things start happening. Former police officer Steve Baylor--the only resident who'll step foot on the "cursed" property--vows to protect Nori. "And" catch the shadowy someone dead set on terrorizing her. For the first time, sh...more
224 pages
Published (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Warning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Warning

Elaine
Linda Hall is a really good writer. Several of her stories are done on the coast of Maine - a very pretty pine tree state.

Legend has it that the ghost of Molly haunts Trail's End, the lodge that now belongs to Nori. A few teens are rumored to have disappeared from there over a year ago and folks are still talking about it. Strange things happen at the lodge or could it be that Nori is overtired or has too much on her mind? Perhaps someone or something is trying to scare her off.

Instead of gett...more
I am usually not a Novel reader, but this was so good! It had my attention from the first chapter. I loved that it was a Christian Novel, with God reaching out to the characters throughout the story. Linda has a great way of making you feel the rain or the sunshine by painting such a great picture with her words. I liked the suspense/mystery throughout! Great find! Glad I could read it on my Kindle.
Christy
Linda Hall is a good author and this book was no exception. It is a good, quick read with the perfect combination of suspense and romance. I like how God is used to reach out to the characters and readers. I related well to Nori who felt hurt and lost after her husbands death. I am a lot like her b/c I too would researched more into the stories of the "cursed" island.

Nori & her children move to the beautiful coastal Maine town after Nori's husband dies suddenly and unexpectedly. Nori is dra...more
Bookadventurer
Kayla

Nori Edwards decides to start her life over by moving to Maine and redoing cabins. She has lost her husband and grief has caused Nori to lose faith in God, but her two daughter's never lost that faith and are away and a Christian Camp. Here she meets Steve, who also has his own battles. The two end up getting close, especially since he is working on the cabin. Things start to get weird when Nori's windows would be open, the doors would be unlocked, an the "ghost" tale is swarming with the locals...more
Mel
Really great book! I couldn't put it down. It was one I would consider to be a great summer read. Would definitely recommend it to friends and read it again!
Phyllis
Adrift after her husband's death, artist Nori Edwards buys Trails End, a lodge with cabins on Whisper Lake. Looking for a peaceful location for her and and daughters to heal, she didn't realize the lodge came with a past. When strange events begin to occur, she leans on Steve, who had previously been part of an elite military corp, to unravel the mystery.
Mandy
Nori moves to Whisper Lake, Maine in hopes of healing from her husband's death and for a fresh start. But instead, she finds herself questioning things such as if she is being haunted to if she is once again falling in love.
Kendra
Linda Hall’s Love Inspired Suspense novel, Storm Warning, will hold your attention from beginning to end. The flare of romance she adds to it makes you sit on the edge of your seat, hoping and anticipating for the ending.
Melissa
This was an excellent mystery. Much better than her first trilogy for Love Inspired Suspense. This had the perfect amount of mystery, great characters and twists and turns. Easily one of the best LIS books I've read!
Karen
I've read this before, but the Love Inspired Suspense ones are worth reading again. Nori wants to start fresh at Whisper Lake. Strange things happen as she tries to get the lodge up and running.
IrenesChristianReviews
I enjoyed the suspense and characters. A quick, clean Christian romance to read.
Kristine
Apr 23, 2010 Kristine rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Kristine by: Mom
Maybe it's my fault, I don't read many "Christian" romances. But this story was crappy.
Jan
a quick read. Predictable story line. A good read for a rainy day.
Ruth E. R.
Ruth E. R. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Patrice
Patrice marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Dkbahr
Dkbahr added it
Aug 12, 2014
Cathy Daniel
Cathy Daniel marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I am an author of novels of mystery and romantic suspense. So far I have 18 in print - with more coming. My several mystery series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspenses.

I grew up near the coast in New Jersey, and it was there that my love of the ocean was nurtured. Most of my novels...more
More about Linda Hall...
Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison, #1) Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4) Black Ice (Fog Point, #2) Dark Water (Fog Point, #1) Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison, #2)