Start by marking “Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #181)” as Want to Read:
Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #181)

Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3) (Emerald Coast 911 #3)

First, his fiancée was murdered. Next, a dear friend. Is an arsonist targeting firehouse chaplain Jake Rollins through his loved ones? FBI agent Chloe Davis is on the case--even though it brings her far too close to the handsome pastor. Chloe has always worked undercover, trusting only herself. How can she believe a man who says he knows her--and loves her--for who she is?
Published (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3)

Debby Gerl
Jan 16, 2017 Debby Gerl rated it liked it
these books are the tic tacs of what I call 'brain candy ' books. No thought required. I enjoy the nice easy, innocent read. Kind of sappy and over the top...like a hallmark movie:)
Wendy Sparkes
#3 Emerald Coast 911

Who is targeting firehouse chaplain Jake Rollins?

Is the arsonist who killed his fiancée back?

I really enjoyed the first 2 books in this series, and also the Christmas novella which comes later in the series, so I was looking forward to this one.

There were things I struggled with though.

I liked that FBI Supervisory Agent Chloe Davis returns in this story. It has been nearly a year since I read this story but I can't remember if Chloe became a Christian in that one. If she did
Linda
Apr 17, 2014 Linda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So. There I was at Ye Old Public Library, checking out the "Romance" section. Saw a title with the subheading "Inspirational Romance" - didn't know quite what it meant, but it was next to the trashy Harlequins - so my standards were set.

It was a Christian Romantic Novel.

Soooo, I knew that there would be no heaving bosoms and throbbing manhood, but I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway. I actually have set foot in a church before - I have read different types of Christian books - including Frank P
Michelle
Oct 13, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
Emerald Coast 911
Book 3

The book was interesting. Jake Rollins was injured while trying to rescue his fiancee from her burning home. Now he can't fight fires anymore, but he's fighting something worse - a arson murderer. Two people have died by his enemies hand already...

I wasn't surprised when the real killer was revealed, though I guess I should have. There's a certain pattern to follow when reading these books, and I figured it out by following the pattern. Still, the suspense was an interesti
Judy
Jun 30, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Emerald Coast 911 series. Stephanie Newton keeps you in suspense. She gives you a whole line of people to suspect along with twists and turns.

Jake Rollins was introduced in the first book, Perfect Target. He was a firefighter who was injured trying to save his fiance from a fire. Now he is the chaplain for the fire department. He is also a Pastor. Women who are associated with him are being attacked, a second woman has died in a fire.

Chloe Davis is FBI. She was undercover a
Kendra
Jan 27, 2012 Kendra rated it really liked it
Stephanie Newton does it again! She writes wonderful stories of love and suspense, all woven with God-fearing principles. I loved reading this book!
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 20, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it
This is a little too dramatic of a story but it plays out well. The suspense is just enough and the characters fit the story.
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2010
krzysamm
krzysamm rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Patrizia
Patrizia rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Lawana Wright
Lawana Wright rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
Janell
Janell rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2012
June
June rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012
nellie athey
nellie athey rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Milinda Jay
Milinda Jay rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2012
Abby
Abby rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Gloria Braudrick
Gloria Braudrick rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Polly
Mar 26, 2014 Polly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a great story. Will definitely read more of this author
Jennifer Torres
Jennifer Torres rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
Thea Ross
Thea Ross rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Talisha
Talisha rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Dora Hiers
Dora Hiers rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2011
Cori
Cori rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Jen Beeker
Jen Beeker rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Janna
Janna rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Marybelle
Marybelle rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 25, 2015 10:36AM
Award-winning author Stephanie Newton lives in Alabama with her pastor husband and three children, aged 23 months to 21 years. A Southern girl through and through, she loves sweet tea, SEC football, corn on the cob and air conditioning. She’s written eight books for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line.
More about Stephanie Newton...

Emerald Coast 911 (7 books)
  • Perfect Target (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #142) (Emerald Coast 911, #1
  • Moving Target (Emerald Coast 911, #2) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #161)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
  • Holiday Havoc: Yuletide Sanctuary\Christmas Target (Emerald Coast 911, #5)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • The Baby's Bodyguard