Start by marking “Unconditional Confidence: Instructions for Meeting Any Experience with Trust and Courage” as Want to Read:

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Pema ChAdrAn is one of today's leading meditation teachers. With more than one million books sold to date, she draws sold-out crowds across the U.S. and Canada. On Unconditional Confidence she off ers two accessible sessions to help anyone find courage in times of challenge and change. Featuring a three-step method for learning to work with uncertainty and fear and an excl ...more
Audio CD, 3 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Unconditional Confidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unconditional Confidence

Clara
I liked the format of one CD (approx an hour) of teachings and one CD consisting of a 75-minute interview. Pema Chodron's dharma talks are essentially on the same topic: how to free ourselves from habitual behaviors and patterns that create suffering, and how to cultivate the conditions that are less likely to entangle us in the future. That's not a negative criticism--I don't know anyone for whom this topic isn't a challenge. This means, 'though, that some listeners may find her various CDs rep ...more
Wilma Rebstock
Jun 20, 2012 Wilma Rebstock rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: buddhism
I read this again today. I needed it in the face of a tragic accident in which we lost our darling granddaughter.
Mead Z
The best self-help/meditation audio book i have ever listened too yet!
Marisa
listened on CD. Really great information - I could have listened to it repeatedly in order to make it stick
Jessica
this lady totally makes sense.
Helen
Pema Chodron is so practical and down to earth. Listening to her recordings is akin to hearing a special friend speaking: kindness, compassion and lots of good sense.
Susan
I’ve been listening to this little audio book over and over again. There is so much insight in Pema Chodrin’s words that can be applied to everyday situations. I particularly liked the phrase tender-hearted bravery in connection with facing our fears and letting go of our storylines. Step by baby step the world becomes less of a threat as we undo habits and patterns. I keep trying.
Nancy
Pema's talks are vitamins. Included here: the reminder to see the story-line as a story-line, separate from whatever jangle of feeling one is feeling. The second CD is not a talk, but an interview with an unintroduced "Tammy." Tammy's voice is so smooth, SO low, SO PEACEFUL I thought I was going to blow a gasket. Finally I got used to it, and did appreciate her questions.
Janice
I am not that into Pema Chodron, but she makes me think about what I do after a wave hit me. Trust and courage need time to build up. I will consider more on preparing myself on facing the unexpected situation after listening this book.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
This is a recording of a dharma talk Pema gave on the subject of confidence, resilience, fear, and fearlessness. Excellent advice. Not very long, one hour of talk and one hour of interview with the Sounds True narrator.
Ljonz
Chodron states "I get why old people are grumpy. We must learn to manage our anxiety so that we don't become a characture of an old person . . ." and approach our own death with dignity.
Sidra
I actually listened to this one. Pema Chodron always has relevant, important, relatable things to say to me. I enjoyed listening to this talk (not a book, but a taped interview).
Will Jeffries
I enjoyed listening to Pema Chodron on Unconditional Confidence. She is able to radiate a certain degree of peace and tranquility as she speaks. It is nice to listen to.
Carol
Normally, I love Pema Chodron's ideas, but I found this sparce and not as direct and on-point as I'd hoped.
Pam Dunn
Love her work. She gives tender morsels of wisdom that can be digested by the average person who justs tries to do a little better each day.
Meimei
A good follow-on to Eckhart Tolle. Pema Chodron is so clear, so articulate and thoughtful; a real pleasure.
Maggie
yes. 2nd listen (a month earlier and then again today). excellent.
Becky
Not an easy topic but I love Pema.
B
Love. Love. Love. Love.
Yamani
Yamani marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Brian Connelly
Brian Connelly marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Limeminearia
Limeminearia marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Harish Murthy
Harish Murthy marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
  • The Kindness Handbook: A Practical Companion
  • Arriving at Your Own Door: 108 Lessons in Mindfulness
  • One Simple Idea: How Positive Thinking Reshaped Modern Life
  • The Energy of Prayer: How to Deepen Your Spiritual Practice
  • The Undiscovered Self with Symbols and the Interpretation of Dreams
  • Rebounders: How Winners Pivot from Setback to Success
  • 101 Ways to Transform Your Life
  • The Promise of Paradox: A Celebration of Contradictions in the Christian Life
  • Emotional Awareness: Overcoming the Obstacles to Psychological Balance and Compassion
  • Warren Buffett's Management Secrets: Proven Tools for Personal and Business Success
  • The Chemistry of Joy: A Three-Step Program for Overcoming Depression Through Western Science and Eastern Wisdom
  • A Gradual Awakening
  • Meditation for Beginners
  • How to Cook Your Life: From the Zen Kitchen to Enlightenment
  • The Heart of the Revolution: The Buddha's Radical Teachings on Forgiveness, Compassion, and Kindness
  • Gateways to Now (Inner Life)
  • When You're Falling, Dive:  Acceptance, Freedom and Possibility
  • Live and Learn and Pass It on: People Ages 5 to 95 Share What They've Discovered about Life, Love, and Other Good Stuff
Ani Pema Chödrön (Deirdre Blomfield-Brown) is an American Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition, closely associated with the Kagyu school and the Shambhala lineage.

She attended Miss Porter's School in Connecticut and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught as an elementary school teacher for many years in both New Mexico and California. Pema has two children and three g
More about Pema Chödrön...
When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living The Wisdom of No Escape: How to Love Yourself and Your World Comfortable with Uncertainty: 108 Teachings on Cultivating Fearlessness and Compassion