Start by marking “Unconditional Confidence: Instructions for Meeting Any Experience with Trust and Courage” as Want to Read:

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Pema ChAdrAn is one of today's leading meditation teachers. With more than one million books sold to date, she draws sold-out crowds across the U.S. and Canada. On Unconditional Confidence she off ers two accessible sessions to help anyone find courage in times of challenge and change. Featuring a three-step method for learning to work with uncertainty and fear and an excl ...more
Audio CD, 3 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Unconditional Confidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unconditional Confidence

I liked the format of one CD (approx an hour) of teachings and one CD consisting of a 75-minute interview. Pema Chodron's dharma talks are essentially on the same topic: how to free ourselves from habitual behaviors and patterns that create suffering, and how to cultivate the conditions that are less likely to entangle us in the future. That's not a negative criticism--I don't know anyone for whom this topic isn't a challenge. This means, 'though, that some listeners may find her various CDs rep ...more
Wilma Rebstock
Jun 20, 2012 Wilma Rebstock rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: buddhism
I read this again today. I needed it in the face of a tragic accident in which we lost our darling granddaughter.
Mead Z
The best self-help/meditation audio book i have ever listened too yet!
listened on CD. Really great information - I could have listened to it repeatedly in order to make it stick
Jacquie Underdown
I'm in love with everything that comes out of this woman's mouth. Is that grasping?
this lady totally makes sense.
Pema Chodron is so practical and down to earth. Listening to her recordings is akin to hearing a special friend speaking: kindness, compassion and lots of good sense.
I’ve been listening to this little audio book over and over again. There is so much insight in Pema Chodrin’s words that can be applied to everyday situations. I particularly liked the phrase tender-hearted bravery in connection with facing our fears and letting go of our storylines. Step by baby step the world becomes less of a threat as we undo habits and patterns. I keep trying.
Pema's talks are vitamins. Included here: the reminder to see the story-line as a story-line, separate from whatever jangle of feeling one is feeling. The second CD is not a talk, but an interview with an unintroduced "Tammy." Tammy's voice is so smooth, SO low, SO PEACEFUL I thought I was going to blow a gasket. Finally I got used to it, and did appreciate her questions.
This is a recording of a dharma talk Pema gave on the subject of confidence, resilience, fear, and fearlessness. Excellent advice. Not very long, one hour of talk and one hour of interview with the Sounds True narrator.

relistened to this in oct, 2015.
I am not that into Pema Chodron, but she makes me think about what I do after a wave hit me. Trust and courage need time to build up. I will consider more on preparing myself on facing the unexpected situation after listening this book.
Chodron states "I get why old people are grumpy. We must learn to manage our anxiety so that we don't become a characture of an old person . . ." and approach our own death with dignity.
I actually listened to this one. Pema Chodron always has relevant, important, relatable things to say to me. I enjoyed listening to this talk (not a book, but a taped interview).
Will Jeffries
I enjoyed listening to Pema Chodron on Unconditional Confidence. She is able to radiate a certain degree of peace and tranquility as she speaks. It is nice to listen to.
Normally, I love Pema Chodron's ideas, but I found this sparce and not as direct and on-point as I'd hoped.
Pam Dunn
Love her work. She gives tender morsels of wisdom that can be digested by the average person who justs tries to do a little better each day.
A good follow-on to Eckhart Tolle. Pema Chodron is so clear, so articulate and thoughtful; a real pleasure.
yes. 2nd listen (a month earlier and then again today). excellent.
Not an easy topic but I love Pema.
Love. Love. Love. Love.
Kestrel Summers
Kestrel Summers marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Cj marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Reset818 marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Wabi Sabi
Wabi Sabi marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Jaclyn Smith
Jaclyn Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
  • 101 Ways to Transform Your Life
  • Arriving at Your Own Door: 108 Lessons in Mindfulness
  • One Simple Idea: How Positive Thinking Reshaped Modern Life
  • It's Up to You: The Practice of Self-Reflection on the Buddhist Path
  • Warren Buffett's Management Secrets: Proven Tools for Personal and Business Success
  • Gateways to Now
  • Work, Sex, Money: Real Life on the Path of Mindfulness
  • Meditation for Beginners
  • Ascended Masters Oracle Cards: 44-Card Deck and guidebook
  • Meditations with Meister Eckhart
  • Born Believers: The Science of Children's Religious Belief
  • The Heart of the Revolution: The Buddha's Radical Teachings on Forgiveness, Compassion, and Kindness
  • The Endless Practice: Becoming Who You Were Born to Be
Ani Pema Chödrön (Deirdre Blomfield-Brown) is an American Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition, closely associated with the Kagyu school and the Shambhala lineage.

She attended Miss Porter's School in Connecticut and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught as an elementary school teacher for many years in both New Mexico and California. Pema has two children and three g
More about Pema Chödrön...