Keepin' It Real

Keepin' It Real

4.8 of 5 stars 4.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Anyone who is (or who ever has been) 13 will identify with Leslie's struggles to make sense of her family, her faith, her own thoughts, and the world. Through her letters to God, Leslie deals with questions as big as the very nature of God and as small as why Mom gets so bent out of shape about how the bathroom towels are folded. Sandra Humphrey has done a beautiful job of...more
Published January 1st 2002 by CSS Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Keepin' It Real, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keepin' It Real

Sandra McLeod
Leslie has just turned 13--and she is having a very bad year. Not only is she stuck in a new school where she doesn’t know anyone, but she’s also stuck in a “life group” at her church where the leader of her small discussion group asks tough questions that she can’t answer. Leslie invites the reader to come along and join her on her faith journey as she writes letters to God and in the process begins to find answers to some of her problems.
Sheila
This is a wonderful book for any teenage girl who is struggling with day to day issues. Even I at the age of 66 could relate to the things this young teen discussed with God through her lettrs to him. Some of the things that she discuss with God made me want to laugh, cry and rethink and reexamine my own relationship with God.
Andrea
Very excited to have won this book! Topic is interesting to me and I'm hoping it will give me some perspective on talking to my step-kids about having a spiritual path (even if it doesn't happen to be with God).
Anand Bagayapalli
Anand Bagayapalli marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Milun Henry
Milun Henry marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Karla Nunez
Karla Nunez marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Maha Iskander
Maha Iskander marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
Martha Love
Martha Love marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
M.
M. marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2012
Elise Stokes
Elise Stokes marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2011
Emily mathews
Emily mathews marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2010
J.R.
J.R. added it
Oct 29, 2009
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2009
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2009
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2009
Heather Carl
Heather Carl marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2009
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2009
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2009
They Stood Alone!: 25 Men and Women Who Made a Difference Dare to Dream!: 25 Extraordinary Lives If You Had to Choose, What Would You Do? Hot Issues, Cool Choices: Facing Bullies, Peer Pressure, Popularity, and Put-Downs It's Up to You... What Do You Do?