Start by marking “Jane Eyre (Great Illustrated Classics)” as Want to Read:
Jane Eyre (Great Illustrated Classics)

Jane Eyre (Great Illustrated Classics)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The unconventional love story transmuted by the genius of Bronte#39;s imagination. Above all, the story of a woman of passion and intelligence who refuses to be satisfied by her quot;placequot; in society, and asserts her identity and aspirations with defiance and dignity.
Published January 28th 2004 by Playmore/Waldman

To ask other readers questions about Jane Eyre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Eyre

Steven
Sep 17, 2008 Steven rated it really liked it
Kristen
Dec 25, 2014 Kristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I wasn't crazy about this simplified version of Jane Eyre. I know it's for young readers but I missed the depth of the original. I also found the illustration melodramatic.
Juliana Es
Jan 01, 2008 Juliana Es rated it really liked it
I once attempted reading this novel - the original classic. I couldn't finish it as I had no patient with its slow-moving plot. Yet I found that it is so loved by many and that got me into thinking that I might have missed something. So, I give it a go one more time but got an adapted version instead.

Verdict: Yes, finish reading it last night. It is indeed a lovely story, intended for romanticist at heart. However, remembering its original version is so boring, I'm still considering whether or n
Jacqueline Tetrault
I thought this was an excellent narrative! The way everything connects, telling Jane's life story while keeping it just that - a story - is wonderfully done. The characters and their developments were full of surprises and secrets, but they made sense when looking at events in retrospect; the foreshadowing is just right, done in a way that seems realistic and lifelike. It's a comforting read, but also keeps you on your toes, trying to guess what is happening or what will happen next.
Jill
Sep 06, 2007 Jill rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
I picked up this book in a used book store...lovely 1943, classic illustrated, published by Dodd, Mead and Company and inscribed by Helen Smith from Mother, February 1944. Charlotte Bronte (and her sisters) have such a way with language, and insight into love, that I always feel "taken away" when I read her books.
Courtney
Sep 10, 2007 Courtney rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes long books
this book was ok i guess it was about a girl that got abused by her couzin and her aunt did nothing about it so they sent her to a private school to give her better manners event though it was her son that needed to go to that school not her but if u want to know more u have to read it ur self!
Emma
Apr 08, 2011 Emma rated it really liked it
I had already read a diferent version of Jane Eyre.
But it left out parts of the story. This book opened parts of the story to me, parts that I never new existed.
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Kait
Kait rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
RJ Taschek
RJ Taschek marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Kathy~292
Kathy~292 rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Lubna
Lubna rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Mona
Mona rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
sophia le
sophia le marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
John Kelemen
John Kelemen marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Marwa Ahmed
Marwa Ahmed rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2015
Anjali
Anjali marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Aliya
Aliya marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Annie
Annie added it
Jul 18, 2015
Annie
Annie added it
Sep 07, 2015
Aissa Alkhiar
Aissa Alkhiar marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015