Start by marking “Jane Eyre (Great Illustrated Classics)” as Want to Read:
Jane Eyre (Great Illustrated Classics)

Jane Eyre (Great Illustrated Classics)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The unconventional love story transmuted by the genius of Bronte#39;s imagination. Above all, the story of a woman of passion and intelligence who refuses to be satisfied by her quot;placequot; in society, and asserts her identity and aspirations with defiance and dignity.
Published January 28th 2004 by Playmore/Waldman

To ask other readers questions about Jane Eyre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Eyre

I wasn't crazy about this simplified version of Jane Eyre. I know it's for young readers but I missed the depth of the original. I also found the illustration melodramatic.
Sabrina Maurer
grew up reading this book. I was TERRIFIED of the wife growing up....actually, I still am
Juliana Es
I once attempted reading this novel - the original classic. I couldn't finish it as I had no patient with its slow-moving plot. Yet I found that it is so loved by many and that got me into thinking that I might have missed something. So, I give it a go one more time but got an adapted version instead.

Verdict: Yes, finish reading it last night. It is indeed a lovely story, intended for romanticist at heart. However, remembering its original version is so boring, I'm still considering whether or n
Jacqueline Tetrault
I thought this was an excellent narrative! The way everything connects, telling Jane's life story while keeping it just that - a story - is wonderfully done. The characters and their developments were full of surprises and secrets, but they made sense when looking at events in retrospect; the foreshadowing is just right, done in a way that seems realistic and lifelike. It's a comforting read, but also keeps you on your toes, trying to guess what is happening or what will happen next.
Sep 06, 2007 Jill rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I picked up this book in a used book store...lovely 1943, classic illustrated, published by Dodd, Mead and Company and inscribed by Helen Smith from Mother, February 1944. Charlotte Bronte (and her sisters) have such a way with language, and insight into love, that I always feel "taken away" when I read her books.
Sep 10, 2007 Courtney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes long books
this book was ok i guess it was about a girl that got abused by her couzin and her aunt did nothing about it so they sent her to a private school to give her better manners event though it was her son that needed to go to that school not her but if u want to know more u have to read it ur self!
I had already read a diferent version of Jane Eyre.
But it left out parts of the story. This book opened parts of the story to me, parts that I never new existed.
John Kelemen
John Kelemen marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Anjali marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Aliya marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Annie added it
Jul 18, 2015
Annie added it
Sep 07, 2015
Aissa Alkhiar
Aissa Alkhiar marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Sam added it
Mar 16, 2015
Julie added it
Feb 18, 2015
Lina Ayvazian
Lina Ayvazian marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014