Start by marking “Irregulars” as Want to Read:

A madman stalks the streets of London's Whitechapel slum, leaving a trail of grisly murders in his wake. The police have only one suspect: a prominent and respected physician named John Watson! The master detective Sherlock Holmes, in order to save his greatest friend, employs a band of young street urchins to infiltrate the alleys of Whitechapel.
Published March 15th 2005 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Irregulars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irregulars

Christophe Ang
Feb 17, 2013 Christophe Ang rated it liked it
This graphic novel follows the story of the protagonists The Irregulars, who are a bunch of mystery-solving children. It is a tale of mystery and supernatural happenings. Sherlock Holmes plays a minor role in the story compared to his usual role, as the children are out to solve the mystery of numerous murders. This graphic novel of Sherlock Holmes and The Irregulars was quite an interesting read. The novel had a good plot and character development, but I felt that the graphics/illustrations wer ...more
Mar 31, 2014 Lina rated it it was ok
This book is a plot about Sherlock Holmes mysteries. A very famous doctor was held accountable for the murder of many people, yet Sherlock Holmes knew he was not guilty. He gathered a group of boys and decided to investigate the case; he calls the group the irregulars. He goes through a lot of horrific things and as always there is a lot of mystery that is resolved by Holmes.

I did not like the graphics of this book; I felt it was very messy and non understandable. It took me a very long time to
I want to like this book more than I do. I love Holmes stories and I think the cast of the Irregulars are interesting. Unfortunately the art isn't very good, and there's problems differentiating many of the characters or always following the action. Plus, the plot is a little scattered and while the new characters are all handled well, some of the classic Holmes characters seem a little out of character. Not bad, but not great.
Aug 21, 2016 BookDrunkard rated it it was ok
I randomly picked this book up at the library after looking for a different graphic novel. It had all the ingredients for something I'd love. There's Sherlock and Watson, a group of children who are clever, all within a London setting. However, I just didn't feel it, if there are any further volumes, I will not be reading them.
Steph Myers
It was OK. Illustrations have heavy lines, so some of the pages with a lot of action are hard to understand and dark. The dialect, though written well, might add a bit to the confusion for teen readers. Because of the illustrating, I actually found the plot a bit of a challenge.
Yosef Shapiro
Jun 20, 2015 Yosef Shapiro rated it liked it
This is a graphic novel focusing on the Baker Street irregulars. It also features another AC Doyle character, professor challenger. The story is a mix of mystery and gothic horror ,
Aug 12, 2015 Robert rated it did not like it
Tromping about in Conan-Doyle's playground isn't easy- making a distinctive mark on or with his characters is hard. Mixing in Lovecraftian horror is stupid.
Aisha Mahmoud
Jun 08, 2009 Aisha Mahmoud rated it did not like it
Umm no. Just no. This is so wrong on so many levels. It is silly, ridiculous and about as Sherlock Holmes as cats solving mysteries and priests finding bodies in the sacristy. The lack of colour was a first discouragement -- he story after I read it just plain awful! Doyle is rolling and sobbing in his grave that this horror somehow managed to get published!!
Mar 30, 2008 HeavyReader rated it it was ok
A bunch of ragamuffin kids help Sherlock Holmes solve his case? Why the hell not? But what's with all of the supernatural shit in this book. Strange and kind of dumb. I didn't dig the art much either. It is all black and white and sometimes I couldn't really tell what was going on in the picture.

Not a favorite book.
Jul 28, 2009 Katherine rated it liked it
This was a little bit odd but enjoyable nonetheless. It verges on steam punk but then goes and makes a slight (ah, heck, full blown) right at supernatural. I liked the way the artist focused the eye through boxes on the whole page drawings. This is a little bit of fun, if you don't mind your canon messed around with.
Oct 14, 2007 Tony rated it liked it
I'm a fan of graphic storytelling, and more of a fan of the Sherlock Holmes canon than the average citizen, so this particular bit of pastiche caught my attention. For full review, see
Jun 20, 2011 Becca rated it did not like it
I read this. That's really all there is to say about it.
Jul 01, 2013 Tressa rated it it was ok
The Irregulars was a bit frenetic for me.
Maggie rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2016
John somers
John somers rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Will N
Will N marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Bonnie Salter
Bonnie Salter rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Efreak marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
SlurredNerd rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Vincent Raisa
Vincent Raisa rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
MSCOZY marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Malenie rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2015
Patrick Book
Patrick Book rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2015
Bob rated it did not like it
Apr 22, 2015
Ozza added it
Feb 09, 2015
Yuri Kutsko
Yuri Kutsko marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Steven-Elliot Altman is a bestselling author, screenwriter, graphic novelist and video game designer. His games include Acclaim's multiple award-winning title 9DRAGONS and Wooga's PEARL'S PERIL. Steve's novels include CAPTAIN AMERICA IS DEAD, ZEN IN THE ART OF SLAYING VAMPIRES, BATMAN: FEAR ITSELF, THE KILLSWITCH REVIEW, THE IRREGULARS and DEPRIVERS. He's also the editor of the critically-acclaime ...more
More about Steven-Elliot Altman...