Start by marking “Mr Chicken Goes to Paris” as Want to Read:
Mr Chicken Goes to Paris

Mr Chicken Goes to Paris

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Mr Chicken Goes to Paris is a children's story book in which a 4 metre tall chicken visits his friend Yvette for the day in Paris. The story documents his travels and adventures around the city with his friend.
Published 2009 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about Mr Chicken Goes to Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Chicken Goes to Paris

Michael
Sep 16, 2011 Michael rated it liked it
This book would be a useful cross-curricular resource if themes such as Paris, France, tourism, foreign language, etc. were on the agenda.
Mr Chicken who resembles an alien more than a bird is taken to the most popular sites in Paris by his French friend. Along the way he practices his basic knowledge of French.
There is no real story to this poultry's holiday and each page jumps to one of Paris' famous tourist attractions.
The author tries to end with some humour. Having eaten too much, the enormo
Catherine Heloise
Feb 04, 2015 Catherine Heloise rated it really liked it
I won this book as part of a prize in the Australia Day Book Giveaway Blog Hop (which, incidentally, I thoroughly recommend as a way to find new Australian authors). While I'm approximately 30 years older than the target audience, I thought this was rather adorable.

Mr Chicken - or Monsieur Poulet, as we must call him when he is in Paris - is a giant chicken who decides to go and visit his friend, Yvette, in Paris. Since M. Poulet is at least three metres tall, and seems to grow taller as the bo
Jay
Apr 01, 2011 Jay rated it it was amazing
Lora Carroll
May 06, 2012 Lora Carroll rated it it was amazing
If you love Paris, you will enjoy this book. Mr. Chicken travels to Paris for the day to explore the city with his friend Yvette. They have a jam-packed adventure, visiting all of the familiar sites and enjoying wonderful French food together (so much so that Mr. Chicken cannot fit on the plane to fly home).

Publisher's Overview:

Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
I wanted to like this book a lot. I love Paris, I love fun books. Mr Chicken is a 4 metre roast chicken, complete with parson's nose, who likes to travel. Here he does indeed set off to Paris to take in all the big sights. I was rather jealous that Mr Chicken got to take in the roof top view at Notre Dame- I went there three times to try to do that on my last trip to Paris. Regardless, I'm not quite sure I got the point.

My blog review
Shelves: childrens
very cute and funny
Katie
Oct 10, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
Mr Chicken goes to Paris otherwise known as Monsieur Poulet va a Paris was one of the funniest books I have ever read.Leigh Hobbs has written many hilarious books like Horrible Harriet and Old Tom as well as Mr Chicken goes to Paris.
Wolfgirl
Surprisingly, this book brings back great memories of my friend and I sitting I the chicken coop or whatever it's called. We were reading this book with the chickens and a rooster pecked her in the butt....good times....
Hannah
Sep 05, 2009 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, childrens
Mr Chicken Goes to paris was possibly the best children's book I've ever read. Mr Chicken was a delightful character, and his expressions and mannerism had me constantly smiling. I recommend this book to EVERYBODY.
Woodlands Park
Emma, Dylan, Selena, Room 1 and I all absolutely loved Mr Chicken! What hilarious illustrations! I love Paris and I love Mr Chicken! Kate
Ann
Jul 22, 2010 Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Australia Picture Story Book of the Year shortlist.
Kids loved it. Funny with quirky illustrations in the Leigh Hobb's style
Jazzy
Oct 04, 2010 Jazzy rated it it was amazing
Mr chicken is a great comedy I love it Liegh Hobbs is a great wrighter!!!
Sara
Oct 06, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
This book has cool pictures. It's about Mr chicken and he goes to Paris
Izzy
Oct 14, 2010 Izzy rated it it was amazing
This is a hilarious book about a big fat chicken who goes to Paris.
Jaq
Jul 07, 2013 Jaq rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book and so did my son. Brilliant.
Gary Vassallo
Gary Vassallo marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Kathleen Dixon
Kathleen Dixon marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Jjikiojj
Jjikiojj rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2016
Munro's Kids
Munro's Kids rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Lucinda
Lucinda rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Sheetal Krishna
Sheetal Krishna marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Charmaine Macdonald
Charmaine Macdonald rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Judy
Judy added it
Feb 09, 2016
Lysandrabee
Lysandrabee rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015