Start by marking “Mr Chicken Goes to Paris” as Want to Read:
Mr Chicken Goes to Paris

Mr Chicken Goes to Paris

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Mr Chicken Goes to Paris is a children's story book in which a 4 metre tall chicken visits his friend Yvette for the day in Paris. The story documents his travels and adventures around the city with his friend.
Published 2009 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about Mr Chicken Goes to Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Chicken Goes to Paris

Michael
This book would be a useful cross-curricular resource if themes such as Paris, France, tourism, foreign language, etc. were on the agenda.
Mr Chicken who resembles an alien more than a bird is taken to the most popular sites in Paris by his French friend. Along the way he practices his basic knowledge of French.
There is no real story to this poultry's holiday and each page jumps to one of Paris' famous tourist attractions.
The author tries to end with some humour. Having eaten too much, the enormo
Jay
Lora Carroll
If you love Paris, you will enjoy this book. Mr. Chicken travels to Paris for the day to explore the city with his friend Yvette. They have a jam-packed adventure, visiting all of the familiar sites and enjoying wonderful French food together (so much so that Mr. Chicken cannot fit on the plane to fly home).

Publisher's Overview:

Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
I wanted to like this book a lot. I love Paris, I love fun books. Mr Chicken is a 4 metre roast chicken, complete with parson's nose, who likes to travel. Here he does indeed set off to Paris to take in all the big sights. I was rather jealous that Mr Chicken got to take in the roof top view at Notre Dame- I went there three times to try to do that on my last trip to Paris. Regardless, I'm not quite sure I got the point.

My blog review
Edacheeky
very cute and funny
Katie
Mr Chicken goes to Paris otherwise known as Monsieur Poulet va a Paris was one of the funniest books I have ever read.Leigh Hobbs has written many hilarious books like Horrible Harriet and Old Tom as well as Mr Chicken goes to Paris.
Wolfgirl
Surprisingly, this book brings back great memories of my friend and I sitting I the chicken coop or whatever it's called. We were reading this book with the chickens and a rooster pecked her in the butt....good times....
Hannah
Mr Chicken Goes to paris was possibly the best children's book I've ever read. Mr Chicken was a delightful character, and his expressions and mannerism had me constantly smiling. I recommend this book to EVERYBODY.
Woodlands Park
Emma, Dylan, Selena, Room 1 and I all absolutely loved Mr Chicken! What hilarious illustrations! I love Paris and I love Mr Chicken! Kate
Ann
Australia Picture Story Book of the Year shortlist.
Kids loved it. Funny with quirky illustrations in the Leigh Hobb's style
Jazzy
Mr chicken is a great comedy I love it Liegh Hobbs is a great wrighter!!!
Sara
This book has cool pictures. It's about Mr chicken and he goes to Paris
Izzy
This is a hilarious book about a big fat chicken who goes to Paris.
Jaq
I loved this book and so did my son. Brilliant.
Yerkin
Yerkin marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jeje
Jeje marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Andrea
Andrea added it
Sep 07, 2014
Yoyo
Yoyo marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Old Tom's Holiday Old Tom Old Tom, Man of Mystery Horrible Harriet (Horrible Harriet, #1t) Hooray for Horrible Harriet (Horrible Harriet, #2)