Start by marking “Blanket of White” as Want to Read:
Blanket of White

Blanket of White

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Blanket of White: True love knows no bounds.

Crosshairs A young boy learns the perils of hunting fare game firsthand.

Prevention: Murderous twins help their dear mother into and out of trouble.

Perishables: A nuclear fallout survivor finds sustenance in an unlikely place.

Plus two brand new stories by Amy Grech. Fourteen in all!
Published September 1st 2009 by Damnation Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blanket of White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blanket of White

Nick Cato
Amy Grech's second collection of short stories is as good as her first (Apple of My Eye)---then again, this is basically the same collection with two new stories added.

So how do the new tales stack up? The title story is a spooky heartbreaker in the vein of Gary Braunbeck or Christopher Conlon (and if you have a daughter like I do, it'll hit you even harder). Russian Roulette, the second new offering, features some dry humor and is perhaps the most different tale in the lot.

If you haven't had th
Gef
A brief but enjoyable collection of short stories. While this collection, like just about any collection of short fiction I read, was hit and miss with me, there were enough pieces to make the overall experience something not to be regretted. My personal favorites of the collection were "Damp Wind and Leaves" and "Perishables."
Randy
I liked this collection of fourteen horror stories. No exotic monsters here, though, they are all to human, showcasing the worst traits of which people can be guilty.

Easy reading style, I greatly appreciated that as I read each tale.
Lark Neville
Some writing cries out to be accompanied by the howl of the wind, a candle lit room, and a glass of Absinthe. There is nothing quite like sitting down with a good horror story after the right mood is set. Amy Grech’s exquisitely crafted collection of short stories, Blanket of White, is the perfect companion on such a night. These stories haunt. They make the heart beat faster. They leave the reader questioning the innocence of the creaks and bumps of a house settling in the night.

This is the wri
Kristi
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for a review.

Blanket of White by Amy Grech is a collection of 14 short stories all disturbing, creepy, and the best kind of horror. They are the kind of stories that give you the creeps, the chills, and best of all they make you question something with each one.

So, get ready for a round of 20 (okay, 14) questions!

: How far would you go if you had a child who suffered from a debilitating and painful disease?

Ashes to Ashes: Do you really w
Elizabeth A.
“Everyone’s patience has its limits.” – Rampart

The fourteen tales that comprise author Amy Grech’s second collection of short stories, Blanket of White, are all about finding people’s limits. Grech takes common themes – love, death, coming of age, sex, family relationships – and drags the reader across the line of comfort on an exploration of the dark side of those familiar situations.

In some, Grech forces the reader to confront that darkness head on, sparing no detail in the horror that people
Georgiann Hennelly
A collection of brief short stories. The fourteen tales are all about finding peoples limits, from death, love coming of age, family relationships and sex. My favorites were prevention and True love, Easy to read and follow. I really enjoyed this book it show cased some of the worst traits of people a very enlightening read.
Sheri White
Review to come on Xomba Horror.
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Ann Keller
Ann Keller marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Heidi Miller
Heidi Miller marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Melissa Helwig
Melissa Helwig marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Shaun Meeks
Shaun Meeks marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Wednesday Friday
Wednesday Friday marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Vivek
Vivek marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Janet Morris
Janet Morris marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Monstermatt Patterson
Monstermatt Patterson marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2012
Amy (soccerfan)
Amy (soccerfan) marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Gemma
Gemma marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2012
Natasha Curulli
Natasha Curulli marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Jasmine Scott
Jasmine Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Xiri
Xiri marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
Emma Audsley
Emma Audsley marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2012
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2012
Kathryn Rottenberger
Kathryn Rottenberger marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
gina
gina marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

Amy Grech has sold over one hundred stories and three poems to various anthologies and magazines including: Apex Magazine, Beat to a Pulp: Hardboiled, Dead Harvest, Expiration Date, Fear on Demand, Funeral Party 2, Inhuman Magazine, Needle Magazine, The Horror Express, Reel Dark, Shrieks and Shivers from the Horror Zine, Space & Time, The Brutarian, The Uninvited Magazine, Under the Bed, and m
More about Amy Grech...
Apple of My Eye The Art of Deception Damp Wind and Leaves Beat to a Pulp: Hardboiled Slices of Flesh