Start by marking “Bride of the Water God, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
Bride of the Water God, Volume 5

Bride of the Water God, Volume 5 (Bride of the Water God #5)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  925 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
With a jealous admirer and a bitter, powerful mother plotting behind his back, Habaek's controversial decision to return Soah to his magical kingdom has the elemental gods and goddesses in an uproar. Habaek, the moody water god who rescued Soah's village from famine and drought, is also dealing with a curse that turns him into a child during the day and reverts him to his ...more
Published February 9th 2010 by Dark Horse Books (first published December 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bride of the Water God, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of the Water God, Volume 5

Zunaira Ghazal
Aug 16, 2015 Zunaira Ghazal rated it it was ok
Shelves: blah
And so ‘Nakbin’ pulls the stereotypical bitch move—turn boy against girl and smirk in the background. Of course there’s a Unicorn Pegasus called Lin and a very complicated love trapezium with Soah and Hu-Ye. Ugh. I swear the characters are all so weak willed and lifeless. I don’t feel anything but utter contempt for this story so far. I get the gist of a conspiracy somewhere in this petri dish of unwarranted jealousy, angst and unrequited INSTAlove, and then it disappears—like WHAT? If you’re go ...more
Logan
Aug 23, 2010 Logan rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2010
The fact that Soah has yet to figure out that Mui and Habaek are the same person is getting a bit annoying. The way it's drawn out has kinda of squeezed the suspense out of it. Now I just want her to find out so the story can move forward. Good thing Huye and this Emperor guy are so intriguing.
jenni  Ⓥ
Dec 26, 2012 jenni Ⓥ rated it really liked it
5 stars for the art, and 3 stars for the story. The art is some of the most beautiful I have seen in manhwa or graphic novel. The story is meh, but it has it's moments.
Ambs ❤❤
Mar 18, 2015 Ambs ❤❤ rated it really liked it
Habaek needs to just tell Soah the truth already, and talk about a meddling mother, geez!
Kadie D♥
Jan 15, 2012 Kadie D♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Nakbin? I don't think so....
Cornerofmadness
Jun 14, 2010 Cornerofmadness rated it liked it
Bianca Wilson
Feb 11, 2011 Bianca Wilson rated it it was amazing
This book was written by Mi-Kyung-yun I forgot how many pages there were. This is a korean styled comic called Manhwa. (Manga for the japanese)

Nakbin has returned from the human world. Which means a tidal washing away Soah's love for Mui and Habek, the water god. Soah, stil oblivious to the fact that Habek and Mui are the very same persons just that in the morning he is Habek in the form of a child- but at night he is and adult Mui the adult version of Habek just a different name How long will t
Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter)
Feb 18, 2013 Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at Pages of Forbidden Love

The plot certainly picks up in this book. Just when we thought that Mui and Soah might finally have reached a certain romantic connection a wrench gets thrown into that new found love. The wrench that gets thrown in is the addition of another bride. This bride seems harmless but Habaek quickly forms a bond with her because he thinks she looks exactly like Nakbin, his first human bride.

Basically the addition of the Nakbin look alike push
Angie
May 21, 2014 Angie rated it it was ok
I thought the abrupt scene changes would smooth out, and things would start developing, but by book four events have become repetitive and the heroine can't tell right from left. She gets more aggravating as the situation stays exactly the same and she can't figure anything out! I am now struggling through, and if things don't change by the next two books, I am OUT.
Ella
Oct 08, 2014 Ella rated it it was amazing
I'm still ashamed that Habaek didn't tell Soah that Mui is actually him. And I'm bothered that another human girl has arrived. Soah shouldn't of let Habaek/Mui to save her, because that girl is quite a bother to Habaek's relationship with Soah.
Kara
Jan 13, 2016 Kara rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel

Better than the last volume, but the constant back and forth about the status of Mui's ex is getting annoying.
Jenny
Jan 05, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it
Finally! Something happened. I can go to sleep knowing I can take a breather from this series
Katie Tillwick
Oct 31, 2014 Katie Tillwick rated it liked it
Story moves slowly. Art work remains breath taking, however.
Mimesis
Dec 06, 2014 Mimesis rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, 2000s, manhwa
Gorgeous pictures. But that is about it.
Kimberly
Nov 20, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, mi-kyung-yun
But now, at this moment, I want to become this person's bride.
Raine
Apr 03, 2015 Raine rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015-reads
I still don't know what happened
Niratisaya Niratisaya
Oct 24, 2014 Niratisaya Niratisaya rated it it was ok
It could be shorten....
LemontreeLime
Nov 12, 2011 LemontreeLime rated it it was ok
The art is a strange mix of gorgeous flower and architectural details, and then strange inhuman looking figures that look about 7ft tall and have 8in long fingers. The story is not quite together with the art, i cant put my finger on what exactly is missing. I suspect there is not enough character development because the art is everything to this series. Imagine the 'Dark Shadows' soap opera as a manga.
Belinda
Oct 30, 2014 Belinda rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
artwork still great. story picked up a bit but I still feel like the author skips a bit of the interaction between characters, that might influence there actions. like I still can't figure out why soah thinks habaek is so sweet. certainly wasn't in any of the panels I read. maybe have to reread it. was probably hurried and focused on just the art.
Starbubbles
Feb 18, 2010 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manhwa
was soo good, and soo beautiful. i almost rated it lower b/c i wanted more to happen in it, but it just shows how awesome it was. can't wait for book 6. i really can't wait for it to end, just so i can see what all will happen. shame each book costs so much...
Tasha
Apr 27, 2012 Tasha rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
You can tell that Nakbin woman is evil because she has long bangs. Read the review at Truth Beauty Freedom and Books>>>
Nicole
Feb 12, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: manhwa, fantasy
Gorgeous art (lush, dramatic) as always. The story itself can feel confusing and less substantial than the art (hence the lower rating). But I still really enjoy this manhwa and will keep coming back for more...
Elizabeth
Mar 18, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
This series (that might not be the correct term for a set of manga but I can't come up with a better word at the moment) continues to delight and entertain me.

See volume 1 for a story overview.
drowningmermaid
Mar 19, 2010 drowningmermaid rated it liked it
Absolutely beautiful art, but the plot still seems to be lagging with things the characters really ought to have figured out by now, and a highly disjointed narrative style.
Sarah Evans
Mar 15, 2012 Sarah Evans rated it really liked it
The art is still so gorgeous, but why does the plot continue to feel so disjointed? The hero is appealing enough to keep me going until more is revealed.
Iris
Dec 18, 2015 Iris rated it liked it
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Aug 17, 2013 Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, manga
If this story is what really happens to the girls that are sacrificed........... Then I don't mind getting sacrificed....................
Sophie Noel
Dec 29, 2014 Sophie Noel rated it did not like it
I can't believe I read 4 volumes of this and enjoyed them. This was just plain awful. Like it was so bad it was humorous.
Athena
Mar 02, 2013 Athena rated it really liked it
im enjoying rereading these. its been a while and the art and story is so beautiful. i cant wait to read book eight, the new one
  • Goong: Palace Story Vol.2 (Goong #2)
  • The Tarot Cafe, #5
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 2
  • Model, Vol. 4
  • You're So Cool, Volume 1
Mi-Kyung Kun (윤미경) is a Korean comic artist; she is currently publishing the Bride of the Water God series in the Korean comics magazine Wink.

Received the Silver Medal for Seoul Media Group's "Shin-in-gong-mo-jeon" ("New Artist Debut Competition") for Na-eu Ji-gu Bang-moon-gi (The Journey of My Earth Visit) in 2003.

Received a "Shin-in-sang" ("Best New Artist") award from the Dokja-manhwa-daesang
More about Mi-Kyung Yun...

Bride of the Water God (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1