Start by marking “Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2)

Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master #2)

4.4  ·  Rating Details ·  8,850 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
Taming a Beast was never this dangerous!

R to L (Japanese Style). Taming a Beast was never this dangerous!

Final Volume!
Published February 2nd 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Beast Master, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beast Master, Vol. 2

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
68th out of 517 books — 209 voters
Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama!, #2 by Hiro FujiwaraA Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 1 by Miyoshi ToumoriBeast Master, Vol. 1 by Kyousuke Motomiとなりの怪物くん 1 [Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1] by RobicoElectric Daisy, Vol. 1 by Kyousuke Motomi
Manga Mania
24th out of 71 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Violet Sakura
Feb 12, 2010 Violet Sakura rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, beast-master
Cute story :) The last extra chapter was great. I mean about Leo telling Yuiko, he loved her and blushing after that! So cute! :)
Dec 23, 2010 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Quite disappointed that this is the last one... I was hoping for an entire serie, but its just these two.
Michelle. D.
Mar 18, 2011 Michelle. D. rated it it was amazing
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Sep 15, 2012 Kat (Lost in Neverland) rated it really liked it
Simply darling! <---Hehe, I'm reading a historical fiction and I can't get these damn 'proper' words out of my head.

My only complaint is how short it is. Literally HALF the manga is a completely different short story of another manga the author wrote.
A very cute ending, but I wish the author had lengthened the series a bit.
Chapters 5 and Final.

The author commented how as a writer she loves Toki, Leo's guardian and a mercenary. I have to agree with her! He's awesome, always crying which is funny. I also loved meeting Leo's father, Taiga, a scruffy street bum looking guy protecting his son from his relatives.

I love the balance in the drawings and her ideas are so unusual - these are Kyousuke Motomi's strengths! She has mad skills. She uses more of the light drawings here than in Dengeki Daisy.

I realized I enjoyed t
Oct 05, 2012 kimy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-manga-manhwa
This shoujo by Kyousuke Motomi sensei, although short, is really good. One thing I really like about her works is that the heroine has a strong personality and most importantly..the not-so-annoying type. The art and plot are also good.
Apr 03, 2012 Dana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Jeez I didn't realize the series would be over so soon. Makes me sad that there aren't more. :(

Dec 19, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: type-manga

I enjoyed the first volume of Beast Master, though it was a little more on the strange side than my usual manga. I was expecting a little more to the series though. When I picked up this volume from the library it had "final volume" printed on the back. I think it's good that there are only two volumes though because I've gotten interested in a few different manga series lately and the fact that this one is over will free me up to get
Finally finished it.

I really liked this one. Short and sweet. It could have gone on longer, but I'm glad it didn't. There's only so many times you can have the same thing over-and-over again, and if this had gone on any longer, it would have been repetitive. It ended just right.

That bonus chapter, however, I think should have been considered part of the main story. I think it would've been a nice epilogue rather than a "bonus."
What a cute and short manga! The second volume had more cliches circumstances, like a kidnapping, or the possibility of Leo to go abroad, or -again- Yukio was almost raped. Somehow, none of these situations was annoying and made me roll my eyes, and it is all because of Yukio and Leo, who are so funny!

They reminded me a little of Koizumi and Ootani: Leo, like Koizumi, shows his affections every time to Yukio, or if she kisses him on the cheek, he is elated and wants more. Or when he confessed hi
Jan 11, 2013 Rosamaria rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet, and utterly silly. I loved it! A perfect read for the beach (or in my case the bus). Don't let the cover fool you, its a pretty innocent story that will make you smile. Leo was so adorable--I want one!
Sep 08, 2013 Bbabri rated it it was amazing
Íme a második kötet és bonyolódnak a dolgok.
Kiderül,hogy Leo nagyon sok pénzt örököl,ha betölti a 18. születésnapját.Ezért már a kötet legelején valaki elgázolja.
Feltűnik Leo apja is.Szerencsére minden megoldódik,és Leo örökli a vagyont.
Yuiko és Leo egyre közelebb kerülnek egymáshoz.De sajnos Leo-nak el kell költöznie,mert nem akarja az apja és a gyámja,hogy több hasonló dolog történjen.
Yuiko nagyon szomorú,de nem mutatja ki.Végül Leo elindul,de később visszamegy Yuiko-hoz,és bevallja,hogy kedve
Feb 14, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Yuiko Kubozuka—the animal lover who is hated by animals.
Leo Aoi—the scary lion boy with a three-year-old's social skills.
Yuiko is the only one with the ability to nullify Leo's wild side. In Part 2 of Beast Master, Leo's guardian, Kyle Tokisanburo Rosenberg ("Toki"), reveals to Yuiko the reason for Leo's unusual behavior—his grandfather had left his fortune to Leo in his will, and his grandson had been raised in the wilderness, where he was safe from his greedy family members, who would do anyt
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru

Final Volume! Leo's 18th birthday is around the corner, but celebrating seems impossible as someone is after Leo's life! Can Leo overcome the dangers of his past? Or will this beast-like boy be separated from his beloved "master"...forever?

My Thoughts:

This last volume was short, but it was cute and very sweet. I'm glad Yuiko and Leo get their happily ever after. They went through quite a bit before they got there, but they did it.

The bonus manga at the end was really cute, too.
Soobie's heartbroken
Mettiamo in chiaro una cosa. Le di cui sopra non si riferiscono alla storia principale, bensì alla storia di fine volume. Ad essere onesti, quella è una media. Le stelline sarebbero:

Beast master
La storia mi è sembrata proprio stupidotta. I personaggi non sono riusciti a conquistarmi e il segreto che Leo custodiva beh, ... era un segreto del tubo. Mi aspettavo chissà cosa; invece si trattata solo di (view spoiler).

Cactus summer surprise
E questa è il lato
Miss Ryoko
Sep 17, 2014 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Awww.... I wish this series had been more than a volume and a half long! Super sweet - I'm not sure what it is about Motomi-sensei's work but so far it seems that I always end up loving it! I might have to check out more of her work!!

I really liked the short story at the end of this volume too. I totally cried during it! Super sweet and touching with a bit of silliness. Motomi-sensei sure know show to pull at your heart strings!

Highly recommend this if you love cutesy, lovey dovey manga! (or if
Astrid Yrigollen
Nov 06, 2014 Astrid Yrigollen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult
Short manga only 2 volumes. It's a really cute story about a young girl who loves animals, but they don't love her. She meets a mysterious young man who was living abroad. He is animal like, savage and has no friends but she takes a chance and befriends him. In doing so she falls for him and finds out his secret. My only complaint , it was too short!
Jul 14, 2015 Mania rated it really liked it

καταρχάς την Kyousuke Motomi την αγαπώ! είναι σίγουρα η καλύτερη shōjo mangaka που έχω διαβάσει και προσωπικά την τοποθετώ - εύκολα - μέσα στο top 10 καλύτερων manga καλλιτεχνών παντός είδους(δεν είμαι σίγουρη αν είχα εξαιρέσει τους comics/graphic novel artists όταν έβγαλα το συγκεκριμένο συμπέρασμα).

τώρα, το Beast Master δεν είναι η καλύτερη δουλειά της (αυτή είναι το Dengeki Daisy, για το οποίο θα ακολουθήσει review μετά την ολοκλήρωσή του), όχι από άποψη σχεδίου - αυτό είναι σταθερά εξαι
May 03, 2015 Kristi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
An ordinary girl, Yuiko (who has trouble getting along with animals, ex: her own cat) meets a not so ordinary boy named 'Leo' who comes from a wild tropical island. He goes insane at the sight/smell of blood. Yuiko is the only one who can 'tame' him.

An enjoyably short story (only 2 volumes) but I couldn't put them down. I loved their relationship and how Leo seemed to be childlike on the inside.

A good read if you are new to manga or just want a quick read where you don't have to read/search fo
Ivana Ciglar
Feb 08, 2015 Ivana Ciglar rated it it was amazing

"I made a decision. More than safety or happiness, I want you Yuiko. I don't know how I can smile at a place where you are not there."

Leo is turning eighteen and Yuiko has his birthday all planned out. She decided on the time and bought a present. When they were on their way to meet each other, Leo was hit by a car and rushed to the hospital. It was a miracle that he survived that straight on impact.

In the hospital, Yuiko finally learns the truth about Leo's past, his upbringing and the secrets
Apr 05, 2015 Farhin rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The second and final volume of the Beast Master series by Kyousuke Motomi.
As always, the art and dialogue were great and the story was driven to a good conclusion. It was a good ending, perhaps a little too short.
I didn't read the other short story that is included in this volume- maybe some other time.
Sep 07, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
I've read this twice and liking it as always. It only has two volumes, both of the characters are very cute and their romance is so innocent. I think the ending is just at its best! 5 stars!

Re-read review:
I bumped down one star because of the hideous leopard cover and the rush ending. I would love to see more about Leo and Yuiko! Leo is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I keep him? hehe... Overall it's a 5 star duology, it was light, cute, romantic but super funny. Oooh,
Sep 22, 2015 CGBR rated it really liked it
ci tengo a precisare che le quattro stelline sono per cactus summer surprise, la storiella alla fine, e non per beast master, che mi ha delusa TANTISSIMO (mi è piaciuta solo la grafica, unico motivo per cui ho portato a termine i due volumi)
cactus summer surprise è DELIZIOSO!!! Carinissimo!!! Dolcissimo!!! Bellissimo!!! Quasi quasi mi mettevo a piangere quando è finito
Raquel Leite
Jun 08, 2016 Raquel Leite rated it liked it
Shelves: mangá-comic, english
Mais um mangá que devorei, embora seja pequenino, da fantástica Kyousuke!! Depois de Dengeki Daisy, tive que ler Beaster Master que conta apenas com 2 volumes. É pequenino mas tão engraçado!!

Leo Aoi é visto como um animal selvagem, principalmente por causa das suas atitudes ou pelo seu olhar. E é logo posto de parte pela sua nova turma por o acharem perigoso.
Yuiki tem um problema com animais que a deixa completamente abatida. Apesar de ela os adorar, parece que eles a odeiam, principalmente o se
May 23, 2016 Luna rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I read this in recommendation because the blurb was “he goes berserk whenever he sees blood” ahm really? Ok then… To be fair I’m not sure how’d you’d blurb this story better without given the plot away completely, because – well it’s a bit different.

Beast Master is adorably cute though.

To be honest a part of me still isn’t quite sure why I liked it so much but maybe it’s as simple as “it’s cute”. The story is contained in two volumes so it won’t take you long to read (and sometimes that
May 05, 2016 Lilia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd, childrens, comics, manga
Suite et fin logiques avec quelques petits twists sympa en prime.
Série assez courte (2 tomes) ce qui est assez rare en manga et le livre contient en plus d'autres brèves histoires (ce qui racourcit encore plus l'histoire principale). Mais j'aime le côté très ludique et joyeux du bouquin, il y a du texte sur d'autres sujets, des commentaires personnels de l'auteur, des petits dessins rigolos par-ci par-là... Bref, c'est très frais et créatif!
May 11, 2016 Dani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"May your beast always be guided by your kind heart." — Kyousuke Motomi

Motomi sensei is my new favorite shoujo author/artist. :) shame that Beast Master has only 2 volumes. This story deserves longer chapters and more volumes.
"We're all the same Leo."

Yuiko learns of Leo's past and why he was raised in the wild. And when the past forces Leo to make a decision, the two realize their feelings for each other.

Everything was nice...until you find that the volume only has 2 chapters and the rest of it was comprised of a one shot.

Rather than paying for two separate volumes I would prefer the whole manga bundled together instead of making me pay for less of a story than I thought I was getting.

The rest of Beast Master was cu
Amber Hetchler
Jun 30, 2016 Amber Hetchler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Fuuuuuuuuck. I swear to god I have never read anything so frickin cute.

And there's only two volumes.

And I just finished it.

Okay, that's enough for today Satan.
Sep 25, 2016 Emmy rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Not bad. A strange plot wrapped up in a simple, happy way. Very shojo, warm-fuzzies that still leaves some questions unanswered. All-in-all, better than I had expected, but still not my favorite series, or even favorite series by this manga-ka. My favorite part had to be the bonus story in this collection, though, which featured a magical cactus. That was actually a really sweet and clever story, and surprisingly funny.
Fav Anime/Manga :): Only Two Books :'( 3 8 Aug 02, 2013 03:11AM
Fav Anime/Manga :): Leo Fan Club <3 3 5 Aug 02, 2013 03:09AM
  • High School Debut, Vol. 02 (High School Debut, #2)
  • Bloody Kiss, Vol. 02
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 2
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 02
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 4 (MeruPuri, #4)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 04 (Black Bird, #4)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 05 (Maid-sama! #5)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 5] (Faster than a Kiss #5)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 2 (Wild Ones, #2)
  • Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9)
Kyousuke Motomi (最富 キョウスケ Motomi Kyōsuke) is a Japanese mangaka whose stories have frequently been published in the monthly Betsucomi magazine. She is most currently working on Dengeki Daisy.

She uses a male pseudonym and draws herself as a man, but she's actually female."If my stories can touch you, make you laugh, forget unhappy things, or even give you that 'good job' feeling, then I'll be super
More about Kyousuke Motomi...

Beast Master (2 books)
  • Beast Master, Vol. 1 (Beast Master, #1)