One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38)

One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece #38)

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  5,333 ratings  ·  16 reviews
High jinx on the high seas!

Please note: book reads right to left (Japanese style)

As a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming the King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber…at the cost of never being able to swim again! Now Luffy, with the help of a motley collection of pirate wannabes, is setting off...more
Published March 2nd 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 4th 2005)

Joy
S. J.
Jun 28, 2013 S. J. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno...more
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Volume starts off at chapter 358: Resurrection.
Tom-san makes the resolution to change the town of Water 7 after hearing the news about Cutty Flam being being hit by the Sea Train.
Meanwhile Cutty has floated up to a junk ship, and thus the birth of the character Franky.
After this little trip down memory lane we are immediately taken back to the present; with Luffy and the crew's battle against the CP-9 in Enies Lobby. Can they save Robin from the wrath of the World Government? Read on your own t...more
Anna
Feb 26, 2013 Anna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
The usual shonen tropes of upping the odds to next level of Impossible! every other chapter can't hold back to sheer maniacal energy of this series

nope, Robin you still suck and I wish you'd fall out permanently. Her story is easily the weakest so far (yes, her story glimpses are beaten out even by Franky in interesting character department)

Meanwhile, onwards to Enies Lobby! Yeah! On a steam water-train which may or may not be a death-trap in itself
John
A wonderfully creative world of pirates, this series captures the imagination as Monkey D. Luffy sets out to find the pirate king's lost treasure, One Piece, and to claim the title of Pirate King. Oh, and because he ate a Devil Fruit as a child, Luffy is made of rubber. A bizarre and enthralling adventure, One Piece remains at its core a story about the most elusive treasure of all: freedom
Susan
About halfway through the Water Seven storyline, Usopp just keeps getting more annoying, we're probably free of flashbacks, and everyone has now made friends. It's all so typically shonen, but Oda does manage to bring a manic energy and a wacky charm to the usual themes.
Jeffrey
CP9 is racing away with Robin & Usopp as captives. It's up to Nami and Tony to rally the crew and find a way to chase CP9 down.

This whole sea train is silly, yet somehow it seems to fit in to One Piece's absurd world.
Lily Rider
This is a good long story. Telling us about other side of pirate. How silly, fun, faithful they are, but also just like the other pirates in the world, how strong and brave they are.
Sara
Ha, this entire volume just made me really happy : )
and the Sodgeking thing with Usopp was so stupid XD
Timothy
The lead up to Enies Lobby storyarc and the battle that makes the Strawhats world infamous.
Doremili
jajajajajjajajaja No puedo parar de reir!! definitivamente Oda es un genio.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tahun 2006.
Trooper
Luffy rules !
Takuya
May 12, 2012 Takuya marked it as to-read
good
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ五十四
  • Eyeshield 21, Vol. 1: The Boy With the Golden Legs
  • Bleach, Vol. 36: Turn Back the Pendulum (Bleach #36)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 01 (Hunter x Hunter, #1)
  • Reborn! Vol. 01: Reborn Arrives!
208650