Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 17

Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 17 (Lovely*Complex #17)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  856 ratings  ·  34 reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). Love Matters, Not Size; The Long and the Short of First Love; They put the Comedy back in Complex Final Volume The comedy duo eventually evolved into a couple, but the pair had some growing pains to deal with before they met in junior high school...and before they were introduced to their other love, the music of Umibozu Plus: join the gang at the...more
Published March 2nd 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 17

Theresa ♫
I just finished reading my copy of Lovely Complex volume 17, YAAAAAAAY!

Anyway, I just want you guys to know that the series actually ended on Volume 16. Volume 17 is like the extra book at the end that has extra stories in it and stuff. THE EXTRA STORIES ARE REALLY ADORABLE!!! THEY RELATE TO EACH OTHER VERY WELL!!!

And most of all, this volume made me laugh. And I loved Nakahara-san's art SOOOOO MUCH!!! This volume is definitely worth reading. So those of you who have finished the series with Vol...more
Michelle Zafora
OMG this volume was sooo good! it had a really good ending but now i just want to read the series all over again. yeah, all 17 of them. lol jk. but yeah, i really enjoyed reading Love*Com. the short stories were super great and the i really liked how they were tied together.

I would recommend this series to any one who is looking for something, light, funny but very impactful :')
i might actually start rambling off and repeating everything i have already said so i'm going to stop here.
the manga...more
Yessenia
Jan 18, 2011 Yessenia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE~!!!!!
Recommended to Yessenia by: Southern Oaks.
AWESOME! I read the whole books and I have to say that this is my favorite manga and anime :D It was sooooooooo awesome! and it was funny. It wasn't just that. It was sweet. It was sad. It was emotional. This manga has everything. I highly recoommend everyone to read this. You won't dislike it. It's wonderful. You get inovolved in the character so much that it really touches your heart and no matter what you sometimes you are in the book will definitely make you laugh or even smile. XD
Kate
Lovely Complex is a fun romantic comedy, filled with great characters and witty dialogue. That mangaka does a superb job of sharing the emotional ups and downs of first love, including all the insecurities that come along with it.

It's a fairly strong series. The final three volumes weren't as satisfying or as emotionally complex as earlier volumes, but I think it ended nicely. Recommended to anyone looking for light-hearted romantic comedy.
☆♥Starzee♥☆
Well, considering it's manga and it can be a big pain in the butt to review each and every volume, I decided to just write one review for the series as a whole. I mean, jeez, if it were per volume, I'd probably end up with more words in my reviews than in the entire series!

Anywhoo, kind of sad it came to an end, but at the same time I feel it wrapped up nicely in volume 17, even if it's not officially part of the series - for all intents and purposes, Love Com ended in volume 16!!

The characters...more
Gillian M.
So I've finally finished the last volume of Lovely Complex after watching the anime for like five times. I just can't express how much I loved this series. I could actually read this over and over again and not get tired of it. This has got to be the most beautiful shoujo manga I've ever read. Love Com is a brilliant romantic comedy, with wonderful and well-developed characters. Aya Nakahara also did a excellent job on the artwork. It was amazing and remarkable, which makes Love Com a totally fu...more
Cynthia
Esta fue y ha sido la serie (tanto en manga como en anime) con la que más me he reído, con diferencia. Adoro a Koizumi, es uno de los personajes de manga al que más cariño le tengo, y las risas que he echado con ella son incontables xD
La historia en sí es simple, una historia de amores de instituto, pero tiene tal toque cómico y los personajes tienen tanto carisma que la hacen verdaderamente especial.
Kelly
I can't tell you how much I loved this series. I was so sad to finish it; volumes 16 and 17 sat in my "to-read" pile for three weeks before I picked them up. If I pick 'em up, the story will end! It was very much like leaving the last chapter of a new favorite book until you couldn't take it anymore. These characters were fantastic - Risa was incredibly relatable, at least for me. Otani was a lovable idiot, and their group of friends really helped highlight their relationship and helped them thr...more
Denisa
Lovely Complex is probably one of my favourite Shojo mangas ever. The characters are just so real, Risa and Otani's relationship is not those gooey romantic loves but something so completely like relationships that happen in real life I absolutely love it. I only put the last volume on my shelf here on goodreads because I'm a little too lazy to rate all 16 volumes so here is the last one. Risa and Otani have got to be one of my favourite couples of all time.
Alyazia
I know that it actually ended in Volume 16, but Volume 17 is a nice closure for those who didn't want the manga to end at 16! I loved everything about this. The little stories were amazing, and I loved all the connections. Lovely ending to a beautiful manga.
Katherine
This series was so awesome. I really enjoyed it and when it ended....I can't believe that I DIDN'T cry. It was one of my all time favorite manga, to say the least. If there were 100 stars, I would give this series a full hundred :)
Seb
Jun 17, 2014 Seb rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Les histoires bonus contenues dans ce dernier volume étaient vraiment adorables, mais bon. Comme le reste de la série, je ne pense pas que cela va vraiment me rester longtemps...
Crystal
Agh, it's over! It hurts, it hurts... *sniff* XD
Of course I could complain about what I think should've been in the 'final' volume, or what might have been improved, but in the end I do think it was a nice wrap-up to an awesome series, probably one of the best to be released in this country so far. I love the Umibôzu theme; otherwise, I would have to question the introduction of Yoshii. If not for that tie-in, the stories would've been considerably weaker (although Yoshii himself is a likable c...more
Jessica-Robyn
This volume takes a look back, and a look forward, and ties it all up with a neat little bow of cuteness. I'm glad I read this volume, if only for the adorableness of seeing a bit more focus on Risa and Otani's relationship as a final send off.

I love how the plots all came together! The overall storytelling is the best I've seen for the entire series, maybe just because I'm such a sucker for serendipity, but who knows.

A cherry on top, the best sort of frosting, the magic reveal at the end of t...more
This last book of little snippets was one of my favorite of the series (even though it ended last volume). I liked the story of them meeting even before they met, the little things from their "childhood". Cute!
Nicole Lawson
See volume 1 for a review of the entire series.
Sandra
I adore this series!
Starbubbles
you can skip this book. it was fine for what it was, but it added no value what-so-ever to the series. it really ended in the last book (vol 16). most additional, after the fact books add something to the story. these stories could have been placed anywhere in the previous books as bonus stories, or part of the normal storyline. doesn't matter, but it would feel like a waste of money to buy this if i didn't check it out of the library.

on a total sidenote, this is my 600th rating, and 500th mang...more
Timothy
The final volume to the Love Com series, volume 17 mainly involves side-stories of the time when Risa and Otani were in junior high school. Regardless, this volume has alot going for it with stories that filled in alot of gaps and also made their relationship seem much more special. That made this volume a nice conclusion to the series, that volume 16 somewhat lacked.
Charmaine
gawd! so destiny finds them...
well in this volume, one chapter was Risa's birthday and They're all college now..
the other two chapters where their story before they met each other...
and then the last chapter when they're a couple and things were understand coincidentally or maybe destiny?
Hannah
It's oooooooveeeeerrrrrr......

Now I'm going to go stuff my face with chocolate and wallow in my misery while watching the anime.
Keely Miller
I LOVE this manga! <3
5 OUT OF 5 STARS!
Anime is good too, but the manga continues on longer then the anime which i liked.
I actually started AND finished this manga this year, but im only adding the last three books to my 2014 book challenge. To be fair.
Warnie B.
Last volume! I'll really miss these two...Risa's dead fish face never fails to crack me up! This is a series I'll probably read over and over again because it's one of the few that consistently manages to make me laugh. Excellent work, Aya Nakahara! :)
VampireAngelSadist
Awwww! I love this series so much!! I'm not going to read the 16th book because i don't want to end it yet! But I read this book, and I realized how much I'm going to miss their fights and jokes. It's so sad!
Raven
i like all these extra stories. it's cute to see Ôtani and Risa before they knew each other and also where they are after high school.
Samantha
Awwww!It finished...I loved the final chapter it's so funny lol!
Kaitlyn
I really loved this one. ^^ Especially the ending.
Lilly
I loved this series so much, sorry to have finished it
Readingowl15
I loved the book. I want to see the movie too...
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 12
  • High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)
Aya Nakahara is an award-winning Japanese comic book author who made her debut in 1995. She is most famous for her Kansai-dialect romantic comedy series Lovely Complex (also known as ラブ★コン or Love★Com) which as well as spawning a feature film and a 24-episode animated television series has been translated into many different languages and has been published across the world.

She primarily writes in...more
More about Aya Nakahara...
Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 1 Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 7 Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 3 Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 8 Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 2