One Piece, Volume 42: Pirates vs. CP9 (One Piece, #42)

One Piece, Volume 42: Pirates vs. CP9 (One Piece #42)

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  2,382 ratings  ·  13 reviews
High jinx on the high seas!
Please note: book reads right to left (Japanese style)
As a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming the King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber...at the cost of never being able to swim again! Now Luffy, with the help of a motley collection of pirate wannabes, is setting off in se...more
Published April 6th 2010 by Viz Media (first published July 4th 2006)

Marilag
Again, I make notes on manga, not so much review them. This is just to help me remember what things happened in which volume.

Gods. The war begins.

- Firstly, though, as usual, I enjoy the chapter covers. So far, the last few covers and then-some have detailed the adventures of Baroque Works and where the numbered agents have gone. I love the showing of Crocodile, since, to date, he's still one of my favorite villains.

- The Puffing Tom smashes into the Tower of Law, and the Mugiwaras all make thei...more
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno...more
Rana
No wonder that I became more fond of Rubin learning about her back story in the last couple of volumes. This one preparing the setting of the next volume. Two members of CP9 gained new devil fruit powers, you know which one against which, nearly everyone is being beat up and that fool triggered a buster call by mistake. The end of the volume leaves you on edge but I guess volume 43 will be even more intense.
S. J.
Jun 30, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
We're kicking off this volume with Chapter 401: Pirates vs. CP9.
The rest of the crew has crashed the Sea Train Rocket Man into Enis Lobby. Franky tells them that they're weird just so they know. He's referring to the nonchalant way they act after the crash.
Now the group is faced against a guy that constantly says Cha-papa-pa, who is sporting a zipper for a mouth. He reveals the plot that each member has a key that could open Robin's handcuffs.
Which member has the real key? Well you'll have to r...more
Jeffrey
Luffy & gang finally get their direct confrontation with CP9 and it's entertaining. The CP9's newly acquired devil-fruit powers are revealed with amusing results and Eiichiro Oda makes some intriguing twists on his face-off formula to keep it surprising.

In short, another fun volume in a very fun series.
Priska
walaupun cuma komik, lo bakal dapet banyak pelajaran tentang mimpi, hasrat, dan persahabatan..Kereeen bangeet
Logan
Amazing

This is definitely one of my favorite volumes of the series x).
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tahun 2007.
Sarah Lu
Really liking the continuation of this story arc.
3Jesper
It was a great book just like all the others.
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • Naruto, Vol. 42: The Secret of the Mangekyo (Naruto, #42)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)
  • Bleach, Vol. 32: Howling (Bleach #32)
208650