Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 42: Pirates vs. CP9 (One Piece, #42)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 42: Pirates vs. CP9 (One Piece, #42)

One Piece, Volume 42: Pirates vs. CP9 (One Piece #42)

4.6  ·  Rating Details ·  3,594 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The Straw Hats have infiltrated the Tower of Law to save Robin, but they still need a special key to release her. One of the CP9 assassins holds the right key, but Luffy and his crew may have to defeat them all. Can the Straw Hats thwart CP9 and rescue Robin?
Published April 6th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 42, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 42

Marilag
Feb 16, 2013 Marilag rated it it was amazing
Again, I make notes on manga, not so much review them. This is just to help me remember what things happened in which volume.

Gods. The war begins.

- Firstly, though, as usual, I enjoy the chapter covers. So far, the last few covers and then-some have detailed the adventures of Baroque Works and where the numbered agents have gone. I love the showing of Crocodile, since, to date, he's still one of my favorite villains.

- The Puffing Tom smashes into the Tower of Law, and the Mugiwaras all make thei
Matan Michaeli
Mar 22, 2017 Matan Michaeli rated it liked it
Battle begins. Franky versus Fukuro
Novia
Oct 21, 2010 Novia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Kurami Rocket
Aug 15, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Alright, let me just say it: The characters in OP are such idiots *facepalms* I cannot believe they get themselves in such ridiculous and troublesome situations like they do!!

This entire vol is the fight against the members of the CP9. Oda maintains the vol interesting enough with many odd twists and turns. There is quite an amount of humor here. Though that really takes away an amount of tension, which I did not like. Some things were just way too beyond silly. I was expecting these fights to b
S. J.
Jun 24, 2013 S. J. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Tom Ewing
Mar 19, 2015 Tom Ewing rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This stretch of One Piece has hit a terrific roll - Volume 42 splits the crew up for their individual fights against CP9 (Oda very much taking the path of least resistance re. how to arrange this) and the mood tilts back to broad comedy after the high melodrama of the last few volumes. This volume resolves a few of the undercard fights and provides very entertaining set up for the bigger ones. Barreling momentum and slapstick entertainment - if there's a flaw here it's purely in the need to give ...more
Samantha Tolleson
Jan 21, 2012 Samantha Tolleson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
We're kicking off this volume with Chapter 401: Pirates vs. CP9.
The rest of the crew has crashed the Sea Train Rocket Man into Enis Lobby. Franky tells them that they're weird just so they know. He's referring to the nonchalant way they act after the crash.
Now the group is faced against a guy that constantly says Cha-papa-pa, who is sporting a zipper for a mouth. He reveals the plot that each member has a key that could open Robin's handcuffs.
Which member has the real key? Well you'll have to r
Rana
Jan 09, 2014 Rana rated it really liked it
No wonder that I became more fond of Rubin learning about her back story in the last couple of volumes. This one preparing the setting of the next volume. Two members of CP9 gained new devil fruit powers, you know which one against which, nearly everyone is being beat up and that fool triggered a buster call by mistake. The end of the volume leaves you on edge but I guess volume 43 will be even more intense.
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
Jeffrey
Oct 21, 2011 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Luffy & gang finally get their direct confrontation with CP9 and it's entertaining. The CP9's newly acquired devil-fruit powers are revealed with amusing results and Eiichiro Oda makes some intriguing twists on his face-off formula to keep it surprising.

In short, another fun volume in a very fun series.
Maria Maria
Sep 30, 2015 Maria Maria rated it it was amazing
Meu senhor, essa história só melhora!! Mais um volume de surpresas! Até mais da metade eu estava adorando o desenrolar dos fatos, mas chegou no ultimo capitulo, a história é outra. Acontece uma X coisa que acontece e só me fez querer mais continuar essa saga! Tio Oda se supera!! E aquela ultima cena?? o que aconteceu com o Luffy???? Arrrr, OP é incrível, só digo isso!!
Priska
Nov 28, 2007 Priska rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
walaupun cuma komik, lo bakal dapet banyak pelajaran tentang mimpi, hasrat, dan persahabatan..Kereeen bangeet
3Jesper
It was a great book just like all the others.
Amy
Aug 20, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
The best part of this volume is when Luffy asked Sogeking to shoot the World Government's flag! So Cool!!!! The fight exploded and yeah, it was thrilling! 4 stars!
saiberiac
Funkfreed is the cutest only after Robin as a child.
Pato Myers
Jan 25, 2016 Pato Myers rated it really liked it
A quick and exciting read.
Sarah Lu
Mar 21, 2013 Sarah Lu rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga, action, shonen
Really liking the continuation of this story arc.
Aldeena
Mar 08, 2016 Aldeena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the toughest battles yet. And the Straw Hats survive. And protect their nakama. Edge-of-seat thrill in every panel! And power ups in every battle.
Frahorus
Jun 13, 2016 Frahorus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A uno a uno la nostra ciurma sta sconfiggendo tutta la banda del Cp9. Botte da orbi.
Sara
This keeps getting more and more interesting. I have no idear how this story arc will end.
mine mine
Apr 20, 2013 mine mine rated it really liked it
3.75
Logan Simpson
Jun 14, 2011 Logan Simpson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
Amazing

This is definitely one of my favorite volumes of the series x).
ranne
Dec 26, 2014 ranne rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-manhwa
2.5 - Sanji, I am disappoint. :( Robin's backstory is a little sad but also boring. :(
Mario Santillan
Mario Santillan rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2016
ParthMader
ParthMader rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Siobhan
Siobhan rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Aaron Chapman
Aaron Chapman rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2011
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 32 [Burīchi 32] (Bleach, #32)
  • Naruto, Vol. 42: The Secret of the Mangekyo (Naruto, #42)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)
208650