Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 41: Declaration of War (One Piece, #41)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 41: Declaration of War (One Piece, #41)

One Piece, Volume 41: Declaration of War (One Piece #41)

4.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,623 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Robin and Franky have been captured by CP9 and locked in the courthouse on Enies Lobby. The Straw Hats and Franky's crew must join forces if they want to save their friends. But before they can rescue them, they must face Spandam's six deadly assassins. Can the two groups work together, or will CP9 finally win?
Published April 6th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 41, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 41

Joy
May 28, 2010 Joy rated it it was amazing
Very few writers can beat Oda at tragic character backstories. And chapter 399 is fantastic!
Raven
i was crying. Robin's story is so sad. :(
liesolitte
Sep 08, 2014 liesolitte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"- ¡¡Mirad esa bandera, piratas!! ¡¡Es un símbolo que representa el pacto entre más o menos 170 naciones repartidas por los 4 mares y el Grand Line!! ¡¡Ese es el mundo!! ¿Tenéis idea de lo insignificantes que sois ante eso? ¿Tenéis idea de qué gran y terrible organización está detrás de esta mujer?

- ¡Sé quién es el enemigo de Robin! Sogeking.

- ¿Hm?

- Quiero que destruyas esa bandera.

- De acuerdo.

- Esos piratas... ¡¡¡acaban de declararle la guerra al gobierno mundial!!!

- ¡¿Estáis todos locos?!
Kurami Rocket
Aug 14, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
In this vol, Robin's past is finally revealed.

(view spoiler)
Jeffrey
Oct 21, 2011 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
In the background of Luffy & Crew's assault on Enies Lobby, we learn the backstory of not only Nico Robin, but the World Government itself and, most likely, the true main arc of One Piece's not-at-all silly plot.

A spectacular volume filled with joy, pathos, action, and tenderness in perfect balance. This is the payoff we've been waiting for that makes reading all these volumes worthwhile.
Timothy
Sep 24, 2011 Timothy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
A volume that finally answers the question, "Who exactly is Nico Robin, and what is the mystery behind her past?"

On top of that, one of the most epic moments in One Piece history.

As you can guess, a memorable volume.
Tom Ewing
Mar 13, 2015 Tom Ewing rated it it was amazing
A turning point for One Piece - Nico Robin's backstory is finally revealed, and we learn a lot more about the World Government, just in time for Luffy to make a series-changing decision. This volume has a deservedly high reputation among One Piece fans, though there are no new tricks here: a tragic flashback that firms up the heroes' and readers' resolve for an enormous fight to come. This one heaves blocks of the One Piece macro-plot into place, but Robin's arc isn't that dissimilar to Nami's a ...more
Marilag
Feb 16, 2013 Marilag rated it it was amazing
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Novia
Aug 01, 2012 Novia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Amy Yeap
Aug 20, 2015 Amy Yeap rated it it was amazing
Robin's background was greatly executed, the burden, in the call of the so-called 'absolute justice', all of these things, are really mind-boggling. Violence is the way of justice? People seemed to be blinded by their own weakness, needs and desire, terrifying, because all of these are still legit in the real world. Ahh, who said manga is just manga, this series is awesome! 5 stars!
Kate
Debbie
Feb 24, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I WANT TO LIVEEEEEE! Oh One Piece, it's moments like these that make me want to read and reread you all over again. Touched my heart. I love Robin's determination to live, and Luffy's encouragement. I was so happy to finally learn her past, I enjoyed her character (she was so mysterious and sexy, how can one not like her?) and now we understand the hardships she's been through. Her will to continue living through those hellish times is amazing. What's even more amazing is the faith she has in he ...more
Maria Maria
Aug 10, 2015 Maria Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quadrinhos
Melhor volume EVERRRRRRRR!!!!! Gente, faltou chorar, que volume incrível, pena eterna da Robin. Só tô revoltada que mais um volume e eles não conseguem passar de de uma torre a outra, vou ter que esperar ate o mês que vem pra saber se eles realmente chegaram à outra torre, arrrrr!! Não vejo a hora de ler o próximo volume!!!
Muh
Apr 01, 2016 Muh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-in-2016
the flash back of any member of the straw hat member is always always great and done very well .
Sara
Robin's backstory was great, this manga just has so many 'moments' you know. Really great volume.
Naailah Patel
Aug 13, 2015 Naailah Patel rated it it was amazing
Nobody can write tragic back stories like Eiichiro Oda. But what was Olvia's bounty?
Tsering
Sep 28, 2014 Tsering rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one day you will meet your nakama.
trust luffy.
o.m.g.
Celestine
Jan 18, 2015 Celestine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This is my favorite one piece volume ever. I liked this out of every volume by far.
The whole robin back story was so emotional. everything in this volume was written so perfectly.
maybe because Robin's my favorite straw hat. but this is by far one of the most emotional back stories ever. it also lead to one of the best scenes ever made in one piece. and also the best arc ever.
Wickedshizuku
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
We kick off this volume with Chapter 389: Response.
The situation has gotten pretty hot between the crew and CP-9. The masked man has now threatened the crew with the Buster Call. We're thrown into an explanation of what the Buster Call can cause. In later chapters we read about Robin's childhood and the destruction of her island.
Cheers and Happy Reading!
S. J.
Jun 30, 2013 S. J. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Max
Jun 06, 2012 Max rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luffy's adventure has become a real inspiration for me in this materialistic and profit-driven world. To dream and really follow your heart, believe you can when no one else does, and find your "nakama" are the best lessons of One Piece. Keep it coming Oda!
Anna
Mar 05, 2013 Anna added it
Shelves: manga
He does this often - just as the volumes long fight hits a climax ... FLASHBACK TIME! Where the story once again shines & drags you back in
Time to learn of Robin's home - Ohara - and its most unfortunate demise at hand of World Government all those years ago
Phie
Mar 01, 2016 Phie rated it it was amazing
Robin y su mamá... me dio sentimiento.
mine mine (semi-hiatus)
Apr 19, 2013 mine mine (semi-hiatus) rated it it was amazing
Best volume I read of One Piece by far. :)

From this volume, I realized how tall the characters are, especially the female characters. Their legs are so freakin' long! o.o
Ashley Sigler
Aug 07, 2013 Ashley Sigler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The saddest, most amazing book of One Piece! Robin wants to live! I think Robin has the worst past of all the Straw Hats so far. It made me cry. T^T
Talbot Hook
Nov 13, 2012 Talbot Hook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nico Robin back story, and a declaration of war on the World Government? Yes, and yes. I'll take it.
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 55 巻ノ五十五
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 41 (Bleach, #41)
  • フェアリーテイル 22 [Fearī Teiru 22] (Fairy Tail, #22)
208650