One Piece, Volume 41: Declaration of War (One Piece, #41)

One Piece, Volume 41: Declaration of War (One Piece #41)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  1,158 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Please note: book reads right to left (Japanese style)

As a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming the King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber?at the cost of never being able to swim again! Now Luffy, with the help of a motley collection of pirate wannabes, is setting off in search of the "One Piece," said t

Published April 6th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 41, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 41

Jeffrey
In the background of Luffy & Crew's assault on Enies Lobby, we learn the backstory of not only Nico Robin, but the World Government itself and, most likely, the true main arc of One Piece's not-at-all silly plot.

A spectacular volume filled with joy, pathos, action, and tenderness in perfect balance. This is the payoff we've been waiting for that makes reading all these volumes worthwhile.
Timothy
A volume that finally answers the question, "Who exactly is Nico Robin, and what is the mystery behind her past?"

On top of that, one of the most epic moments in One Piece history.

As you can guess, a memorable volume.
Joy
Very few writers can beat Oda at tragic character backstories. And chapter 399 is fantastic!
Raven
i was crying. Robin's story is so sad. :(
Marilag
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno...more
Debbie
I WANT TO LIVEEEEEE! Oh One Piece, it's moments like these that make me want to read and reread you all over again. Touched my heart. I love Robin's determination to live, and Luffy's encouragement. I was so happy to finally learn her past, I enjoyed her character (she was so mysterious and sexy, how can one not like her?) and now we understand the hardships she's been through. Her will to continue living through those hellish times is amazing. What's even more amazing is the faith she has in he...more
Sara
Robin's backstory was great, this manga just has so many 'moments' you know. Really great volume.
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
We kick off this volume with Chapter 389: Response.
The situation has gotten pretty hot between the crew and CP-9. The masked man has now threatened the crew with the Buster Call. We're thrown into an explanation of what the Buster Call can cause. In later chapters we read about Robin's childhood and the destruction of her island.
Cheers and Happy Reading!
S. J.
Jun 30, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Max
Luffy's adventure has become a real inspiration for me in this materialistic and profit-driven world. To dream and really follow your heart, believe you can when no one else does, and find your "nakama" are the best lessons of One Piece. Keep it coming Oda!
Anna
Mar 05, 2013 Anna added it
Shelves: manga
He does this often - just as the volumes long fight hits a climax ... FLASHBACK TIME! Where the story once again shines & drags you back in
Time to learn of Robin's home - Ohara - and its most unfortunate demise at hand of World Government all those years ago
∞ j a s m i n e ∞
Best volume I read of One Piece by far. :)

From this volume, I realized how tall the characters are, especially the female characters. Their legs are so freakin' long! o.o
Ashley Sigler
The saddest, most amazing book of One Piece! Robin wants to live! I think Robin has the worst past of all the Straw Hats so far. It made me cry. T^T
Talbot Hook
Nico Robin back story, and a declaration of war on the World Government? Yes, and yes. I'll take it.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tahun 2007.
Natasha
primary photo gw ada di komik ini!
snangnyaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Susan
A flashback within a flashback.... Odacchi, have mercy!
Summer
OH GOD THE FEEEEEEELS. NICO ROBIN I LOVE YOU ; u;
Sarah Lu
We get to find out Robin's backstory.
Clay Rosenberger
Clay Rosenberger marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Marla
Marla marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014