Start by marking “Without Trace” as Want to Read:
Without Trace

Without Trace (Detective Trevor Joseph Series #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  19 reviews
So intriguing . . . cleverly woven together and tensely written - Sunday Times First book in the Detective Trevor Joseph series. In the chilly half-light of dawn a bizarre pierrot figure waits in the shadows of a deserted stretch of motorway. The costumed hitchhiker's victim is a passing motorist. The murder, cold-blooded, brutal. Without motive. Doctors at the local hospi ...more
Published May 23rd 2013 by Accent Press (UK) (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Without Trace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Trace

Tweedledum
Katherine John's absorbing thriller takes us on a harrowing journey into a web of deceit and smoke screens. Dedicated and talented doctor Tim Sherringham disappears on his way to an urgent call from the hospital. Then the bodies start appearing but Tim's is not among them. This is no straightforward murder mystery but one which considers the possibilities and dangers of the brave new world we find ourselves in at the frontiers of medical research. Some of the dialogue feels a little clunky and p ...more
Roddy Williams
I really wanted to like this. It's not a difficult read. It has a seaside setting with a creepy pier, murderous clowns, mysterious disappearances and a couple of moody sergeants, but there's an awful lot wrong with it.
For a start, where is it supposed to be set? Somewhere on the English coast, but I'm buggered if I can work out where. It must be near London because there is a connection between London and the investigation. As far as I can see, no place names are mentioned and there are no regio
Lynda Kelly
I'd heard good things about this series but I'll not be bothering with any more after this one, I'm afraid. Way too many mistakes throughout and the story headed off into the realms of total fantasy as it neared the end. I have to be able to partly believe what I'm reading as I don't "do" fanciful stuff at all. So all in all I was pretty disappointed.
A couple of times I was added into sentences for no reason I could see and pretty much every single time the author used italics the ensuing word w
Leanne Keenoo
quite a page turner but complicated in places as well.
so many characters and a few red herrings thrown in too.
Basically a doctor goes missing and then a couple of murders occur and the story focuses on two police officers trying to get to the bottom of it along with the missing doctors wife.
I liked it but not enough to read the next in the series
Fanficfan44
Very good writing. Complex and engaging characters. A thrilling plot with lots of twists and turns. Red herrings and misdirection lead the reader on a very satisfying mystery chase, some characters are convinced that TIm is still alive, while others are equally convinced that he is dead. The story begins with a doctor getting called in on an emergency early in the morning. He never arrives at the hospital and that is the beginning of what begins as a missing person case and ends in multiple homi ...more
I Love Reading
i've found another author to add to my list. This is book one, i've now got book 2, 3 and 4 ready to read.
Enjoyable with twists and turns.
Doctors at the local hospital Tim and Daisy Sherringham are blissfully happy. The perfect couple.
When an emergency call rouses Tim early one morning, he vanishes on the way from their flat to the hospital and Daisy is plunged into a nightmare of terror and doubt .
Jan Ashley
Really enjoyed it, though the bad clowns gave me the creeps....
Adrienne Testa
Sgt. Trevor Joseph and his partner are working the case of a missing doctor,recently married and missing without a trace. His attraction for the missing doctor's wife can't be hidden, as he risks his life to find the truth. As the police investigate the sightings of clowns on the motorway, people gone missing and the evidence piles up without making sense. The story gets a bit wordy for several until the truth is revealed and the killer is discovered. Even with the wordiness the story is a good ...more
Maureen Vincent-Northam
First in a series with unlikely police hero, Trevor Joseph. Joseph, normally assigned to the drugs squad, gets involved in a missing person case when Doctor Tim Sherringham answers an early morning call but doesn’t show up at the hospital. Meanwhile, a killer dressed in a Pierrot costume is on the rampage.

An unusual storyline with plenty of intrigue, plot twists, and some interesting characters.
Jean
This book starts with the disappearance of a hospital doctor, but soon becomes three separate mysteries. Slowly the mystery comes together with the help of the two detectives, one almost loosing his life. A twist at the end made the book more intriguing .
On to the next in the series.
Valerie Smith
A brilliant book, with more twists and turns than a helter skelter!
Doreen Jones
I enjoyed unravelling the multiple mysteries, the winding road towards the solution and the outcome. It maintained my interest and I couldn't put it down.
Shreya
There were times in the book where it was a bit longwinded but it's the first book I have read in awhile that kept my interest. I plan to continue reading the detective series.
Lhenry
Complicated, but the cast of characters was terrific. It's really an ensemble mystery - some weird elements to the crimes, but I thought it all came together.
Pauline
First book that I have read by this author. Really enjoyed it and now looking forward to reading the other I have by her.
Carla
Fantastic! I was gripped, and so many twists to the plot. I'm going to look out for more by this author.
Liesbeth
Really enjoyed this book. A clever page turner, with twists and turns.
David
New author for me but quite impressed and will read more.
Joanne
I enjoyed this book.
A gripping crime thriller.
Aylise Wyatt-allen
Aylise Wyatt-allen marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Katherine John is a pen name of the author Catrin Collier. She was born and brought up in Pontypridd and worked for a while in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
More about Katherine John...
A Well-Deserved Murder Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2) Black Daffodil The Corpse's Tale By Any Name