The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization

The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization (Theory In Practice)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  250 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Four acknowledged experts in search engine optimization share guidelines and innovative techniques that will help you plan and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy. This second edition brings you up to date on recent changes in search engine behavior—such as new ranking methods involving user engagement and social media—with an array of effective tactics, from basic to adv...more
Published October 28th 2009 by O'Reilly Media (first published 2009)

Franz Enzenhofer
hi, hmmm how should i start this post, ok i will be honest:

"The Art of SEO is a frustrating read!" There i said it now send the mob after me.

first, the 4 authors are great thinkers and innovators in the organic SEO field. the book offers lots and lots of know how for a good price.

sadly the editor was clearly overwhelmed: if you collaborate on a book you need a great, strong editor to make the book a whole. this did not happen with this book.

every topic is not discussed once but up to 4 times...more
Jeff Dyck
This books is an exhaustive overview of all things SEO. It's everything a school book textbook is not. It's fantastically written, extremely thorough, succinct. I am a 25% through it as per Kindle, but looking forward to the rest of the read.
Joe Soria
informational, a bit outdated, and a bit long and repetitive by the later third. Some of the resources are outdated but likely to happen with nature of the business.
Jennifer Kyrnin
A very comprehensive (if dense) book on SEO. Read my full review.
Memo Ramirez
This book took me a while to read but it was worth it. There's a ton of information in just a few pages. It's an excellent book and reference.
Dave Applegate
- Epic introduction into SEO. It really helps you set up the thought process and understand the basic moving blocks necessary to master the industry.
- Covers a lot of the topics, like analyzing the non-link based aspects of your competitors, that don't have the glory or buzz words of topics link-building.
- A lot of really dense information, it helps to have a project to work on as you go through it... or it will be in one ear and out the other.
Paul Haverstick
The Art of SEO is a very informative book with a lot of good information on white hat SEO techniques. The book could use a revision to keep up-to-date with the latest algorithm updates from Google.
Alli B
I read this book for work. I didn't think it was possible to write 550 pages about SEO and I was kind of right. It is probably 400 pages of unique content and 150 pages of repeating itself. I did like that it reinforced some previous points though for review. The guys that wrote this are leaders in the industry, so if you want to know SEO, this is definitely THE book to read. It isn't super technical either, so it is readable to the non-trained SEO trained.
Rebecca
I would give this five stars, but it was so incredibly dense and parenthetical that I had to re-read almost every sentence 3 times - once as a whole, once inside the parentheses, and once outside the parentheses. It was a bit torturous, but...

Fascinating subject! And unbelievably comprehensive, as far as I know.

And I still need to read the last two chapters. I just couldn't force myself to do it after school ended.
Lydia
Informational and helpful, will definitely use as a reference.
Katarzyna
Ta książka jest bardzo bogata w treść i wskazówki. Wielka ilość pokazanych narzędzi powoduje, że ja czytam i czytam i nawet nie jestem w połowie. Wymaga połączenia kompa z czytaniem, lub choćby zapisywania.

No i trzeba do książki wracać, tak wiele pojęć, sposobów i narzędzi trzeba sobie przypominać.
Will Vasconcelos
The book has some great insights but it gets boring at the end with an endless list of online tools for monitoring web and seo performance.
Alexandra Wickfree
Been reading since june and trying to enact the stuff onto our website - www.wickfreecandles.net

the book is involved and very complex so having to re read over and again but thats ok as once you learn each bit you move on. Reading it on kindle is not easy as diagrams etc are small
Yuri Titov
"Art of SEO" is a true guide for SEO beginners.

All the material is compiled quite enough to get started with SEO or order the knowledge that you're already have.

I don't know any other book that will bring the light on SEO basics as this book.
Megomars
World Renowned SEO Author, Speaker & Strategist ~ Co-Author of The Art of SEO, a 600 Page Primer on Search Engine Optimization published by O'Reilly.
Madison, WI · http://www.stephanspencer.com
Seiya
Easily the most comprehensive SEO 101 book out there. Great read, if you are interested in SEO it's a must.
Experienced Tutors
Excellent. It has enabled me to create a good ranking private tuition web site - www.experiencedtutors.co.uk
Julaine
Excellent resource for beginners. There is some outdated information but overall was quite helpful.
Eustaquio Rangel
Mar 15, 2012 Eustaquio Rangel marked it as stopped
Too dense. Just read it if you really, really need to know the SEO guts.
Dustin Heap
Probably outdated now but one of the better SEO books I've read.
Aleksandar
one of famous SEO books. It's one of "a must" for SEO's.
Jaspal
Easy to read and great as a reference book.
Sharanyan
It's Really Good Book for Seo Consultants.
Kathy Long
Great advice and training.
Vstachura
Excellent reference for SEO
Ontox
Ontox marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Download link for The Art of SEO 1 5 Aug 15, 2012 07:25AM
  • Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
  • Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability & Science of Customer Centricity [With CDROM]
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy Is Your Business Strategy
  • CSS: The Missing Manual
  • Information Architecture for the World Wide Web: Designing Large-Scale Web Sites
  • High Performance Web Sites
  • Prioritizing Web Usability
  • ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Income
  • Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog (Smashing Magazine Book Series)
  • Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Designing Social Interfaces
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Data Analysis with Open Source Tools
  • Mining the Social Web: Analyzing Data from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Other Social Media Sites
Die Kunst Des Seo Sztuka Seo. Optymalizacja Witryn Internetowych Sztuka Seo. Optymalizacja Witryn Internetowych Sztuka Seo. Optymalizacja Witryn Internetowych