Start by marking “Inuyasha, Volume 47” as Want to Read:
Inuyasha, Volume 47

Inuyasha, Volume 47 (InuYasha #47)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  751 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Historical action and romance from one of Japan’s most beloved creators!

R to L (Japanese Style). Historical action and romance from one of Japan’s most beloved creators! The forces of good and evil battle it out inside the very bodies of Kikyo and Naraku…and ultimately the Shikon Jewel itself! In the aftermath, a beloved friend of Inuyasha is tragically lost...forever.

Kag
Published April 13th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 17th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Inuyasha, Volume 47, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inuyasha, Volume 47

Joti
Apr 20, 2016 Joti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ash
Sep 18, 2015 Ash rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Caroline
Definitely felt like a turning point in both Kagome's story and Sessho-maru's. Really curious to see how things will wind down, especially if the series stays this on track (rather than feeling like it's meandering like a lot of the previous volumes).
Lauren
Oct 17, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I also really liked the group aspect to this series and the corresponding relationships that affect each of the characters.

I would really recommend this series to fans of
Alyx
Jan 21, 2016 Alyx rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Destiny
Jul 24, 2014 Destiny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!
Samantha
Mar 18, 2016 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dare I say the best book in the series? Things that should've happened ages ago finally happen and the plot gets jumpstarted forward. Oprah must've had a hand in this book because YOU GET PLOT AND YOU GET PLOT AND YOU GET PLOT.
Ubalstecha
Sep 22, 2012 Ubalstecha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume moves the story ahead quite significantly. There is the end of Koga's shards as he is tricked into giving them up to Naraku. Then Kikyo's part in the story wraps up. Finally, Sesshomaru heads in the underworld to save Rin.

With the conclusion of one major and one minor character's story line make this volume an important one for any fan of this series.
Danielle
Feb 14, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartbreaking volume. The story is definitely coming to a head, so much happens in this volume that seems to be pointing toward an end...continue to love this series, despite the sometimes repetitious nature the quests, I love the characters so much, I don't mind when they go off on side adventures, it just means more time to spend with them.
Alan
May 11, 2010 Alan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really am enjoying the increased pace of the story telling. For awhile it felt as if the series was cruising in neutral. Now all of our characters are coming together, and we pretty get the resolution to the love triangle that has existed so far. I was a little sorry to see that Koga's storyline has reached an end.
Emmy Lou
This volume is so, so sad. As much as I hated Kikyo, I couldn't stay mad at her at the end. Her final scene had me in tears during the anime and now the manga. Beautifully executed, Takahashi-sensei!
Susan
Aug 20, 2012 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan, shonen_jump, yokai
Inu-Yasha's finally dressed in the character introduction pictures. And we finally meet Sesshomaru's mother. I was starting to wonder if he even had one.
Lulu
Oct 11, 2011 Lulu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Very sorry about Kikyo- shes one of my favourite characters. ...more
2bnallegory
Apr 16, 2010 2bnallegory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I love Inuyasha, approaching the end of the series.
Steph
Aug 02, 2010 Steph rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga fans
One of my favorite series.
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Renee M
Renee M marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Laura added it
Jun 17, 2016
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Jasmeldy
Jasmeldy rated it it was amazing
Gen
Gen rated it really liked it
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Valerie Irribarre
Valerie Irribarre marked it as to-read
Drica Machado
Drica Machado rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Lorisia
Lorisia rated it liked it
TG
TG marked it as to-read
Alma
Alma added it
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 4
  • Red River, Vol. 16 (Red River, #16)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 03
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 08
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 23  (Rurouni Kenshin, #23)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 20 (Boys Over Flowers, #20)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 10
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United
More about Rumiko Takahashi...

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)
  • InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)