Start by marking “Prinzessin meiner Liebe.” as Want to Read:
Prinzessin meiner Liebe.

Prinzessin meiner Liebe. (Bride Quest #1)

Decreed by King Henry to marry one of the Fitzgavin brothers, Princess Brianna ordered a Bride Quest. He who returned with the gift of laughter would win her hand. Burke and Towan, knights both, leave at her command. But Luc, a knight who laid down his sword for a ploughshare, was determined to stay out of the quest and continue his solitary life. Though the glorious Irish ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 450 pages
Published January 1st 2000 by Ullstein Tb (first published August 10th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Prinzessin meiner Liebe., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prinzessin meiner Liebe.

Rachel Thompson
Oct 25, 2008 Rachel Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Shelves: historical
Princess Brianna of Tullymullagh issues a challenge to the sons of the man that conquered her father's castle: whichever brother went forth and found a gift to make her laugh would win her hand. Brianna wishes to marry only her one true love, but King Henry has commanded she marry one of the three sons.

Burke and Rowan set off on her quest, but the third son, Luc, remains behind. He has no interest in a bride and certainly no interest in a princess used to having others follow her command. But he
An Odd1
Aug 28, 2011 An Odd1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xrate
"The Princess" (Bride Quest 1) Brianna is the "perfect tiny fairy queen" of 1100s Irish Tullymullagh. She falls for Luc, eldest of three (trilogy, duh) Welsh brothers Fitzgavin (son of nasty G). To thwart conqueror English Henry II, Bri declares the winner for her hand will be the son who brings the gift that makes her laugh most. Claire Delacroix adds humor, heat, and double murder to an otherwise sappy sweet with lush lingo. Twas naught a-tangle the morn can over-wrought us the morrow. Tis alm ...more
Jane Stewart
Some parts good, some not. I liked the idea of one son refusing to participate in the quest for an item to win the bride.

By staying home he got to know her and won her over that way, even though he wasn't planning to. Most of it was a nice story, but there were times I wished the story were over. I even skimmed a few pages. The conflict that caused her to leave him toward the end was an incorrect assumption on her part. I was diasappointed that the author couldn't come up with something better t
Cailin
Mar 12, 2012 Cailin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I loved this book. I happen to purchase the book because I loved the title and book cover. I am not a huge romance reader, but this book has enough of a story that it is more about the growing love than smut. I found myself wanting certain characters to take more life, but was very happy with a few little twists. The story is a beautiful romance between an Irish princess and the man who will win her heart by making her laugh in the bride quest.
Huyen
Jun 24, 2012 Huyen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I was in year 9 when I read this novel because I had nothing else to do on the holidays and I raided my sisters room and her collection of books. I'm not a person who reads romance novels a lot, I found this book very corny and soppy but somehow I managed to enjoy it and became a guilty pleasure. Reading this book was kind of watching a soap on tv. You know it's not a great, but you get sucked into it
Becca
Dec 28, 2012 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was written with medieval flair! There is a princess, a quest, and a murder mystery all wrapped up in a romance. If you are in the mood for a different, more old fashioned story, this is a great one to try to get a taste of Claire Delacroix's writing style, which is very unique and not for everyone.
Amber
I picked this up on a whim and didn't expect much. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The writing was consistent throughout, as was the characterization. I'm not a huge fan of this flowery type of novel, but this one worked for me. Recommend.
ETA: I am a dumbass and just realized that this is a retelling of a fairy tale. Which gains it an extra star.
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Commanded to marry the son of the conqueror of her castle, Princess Brianna sends them on a quest for a gift to make her laugh. Only Luc, the eldest, defies her wishes, but soon begins to fall in love.

Charmingly done, but with a lot of tragedy and darkness. Brianna and Luc are engaging protagonists.
Melanie
Jun 29, 2013 Melanie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars.

Had I read this in 1998 (when it was published), I probably would have loved it. I probably wouldn't have minded the sometimes silly dialogue, the now-out-of-date characters, the predictable plot.
However, this book suffers in the light of 2013. But it was fresh and different in some areas, and I was invested enough to skim through to the end to see how it all came together.
Janice
May 11, 2014 Janice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't quite get into this book. it started out promising, and maybe it picks up, but it just seemed silly to me. can't think of any other way to put it. I found myself not really caring about or relating to the characters.
Elaine
Nov 04, 2012 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was apparent early on who the murderer was. The ending seemed rushed. I got the impression at about 90% the author decided the book had enough pages and decided to summarize the ending. For this reason I am not interested in reading the rest of the series. It just fell flat for me.
Angelica
Aug 08, 2008 Angelica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted a romance, but I could not get into the characters at all. I felt they were 2 dimensional. Throughout the book there were a lot of 'twas, 'twould, 'tis, 'tweren't, that it just annoyed me to no end. I was on page 140 by the time I gave it up.
Lisa Wang
Cute. Good mystery
Sue
Nov 03, 2010 Sue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
IMO could have been shorter with no loss to the story - a lot of time spent ruminating over the hero's and heroine's angst about the other that added nothing to the story
Andita
Nov 29, 2015 Andita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just...

Loved the story. It was romantic yet filled with intrigue. I was not sure that I was going to like it but I did and am looking forward to the next one in this series.
Caroline
Dec 15, 2012 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: before-2012
3 stars
Sherri Hunter
OK story; enjoyed the interactions between Brianna and Luc as well as the few twists the story takes.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Medieval
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2010
Erika Sorrel
Erika Sorrel rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Kim
Sep 21, 2013 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kim by: regina pennington
couldn't get into this one
Syahira Sharif
Syahira Sharif rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2011
Natalie M Carter
Natalie M Carter rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2016
Jalene Amick
Jalene Amick rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Alicia
Alicia rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Emma-Leigh Crawshaw
Emma-Leigh Crawshaw rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2017
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2015
Denise Thorlund
Denise Thorlund rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Lanuitbelle
Lanuitbelle rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2015
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • Lord Deverill's Secret
  • The Devil's Lady (de Laci, #1)
  • My Cherished Enemy
  • The Swan Maiden (Celtic Nights, #2)
  • When There is Hope
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Plaid Tidings (Spirit of the Highlands, #1)
  • The Savage
  • To Tempt a Scotsman (Somerhart, #1)
  • Reckless Angel
  • Foxfire Bride
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • The Veil of Night (Night, #1)
  • The Rose of Blacksword
  • Cheyenne Amber
  • Knight Triumphant (Graham, #4)
New York Times bestselling author Claire Delacroix sold her first book in 1992, an historical romance called THE ROMANCE OF THE ROSE. Since then, she has published over forty romance novels and novellas, and has also been published under the names Claire Cross and Deborah Cooke. She has an honours degree in history, with a focus on medieval studies. She is an avid reader of medieval vernacular lit ...more
More about Claire Delacroix...

Bride Quest (6 books)
  • The Damsel (Bride Quest, #2)
  • The Heiress (Bride Quest, #3)
  • The Countess (The Bride Quest II Book 1)
  • The Beauty (The Bride Quest II Book 2)
  • The Temptress (The Bride Quest II Book 3)