Start by marking “Special of the Day” as Want to Read:
Special of the Day

Special of the Day

Writing with her trademark wit and humour, Elaine Fox brings us another wonderfully charming contemporary romance about a beauty who finally finds love that is more than just skin deep.

Life can be difficult when you're stunningly beautiful. For Roxanne Rayeaux, a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, beauty had its costs. Not only did she have to worry constantly about how sh
Published March 1st 2005 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Special of the Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special of the Day

Olga Godim
Mar 31, 2015 Olga Godim rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

In this modern romance, the author explores the theme of trust. The heroes, Roxanne and Steve, distrust each other on sight. They make assumptions (wrong, of course), and that leads to a whole lot of trouble for both of them. In the end, their lust blooms into love, forcing them to reevaluate their feeling. That the villain is stupid and petty also helped.

I didn’t like this book as much as some other novels by this writer. And the main reason is: I don’t believe that lust could be irres
Goddess Of Blah
Feb 12, 2015 Goddess Of Blah rated it did not like it
DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. SO DUMB IT HURTS.
description
JUST SHUT UP. YOU'RE STUPID.

description

Childish prose. Tedious zzzzz. Cliche. This is an immature, badly written and quite dull book. Not dreadful, but not something I would read again. If you want a typical and not very imaginative romance with very few sparks, lots of clichés then this is the book for you.
description
After reading Hot Stuff which has plenty of more mature, intelligent and witty dialogue between the characters I was shocked by the unimaginative and very predictable
mandyfujita
Feb 22, 2014 mandyfujita rated it really liked it
Roxanne Rayeaux is a former sports illustrated swimsuit model. She decides to retire from modeling and open up a French bistro in Alexandria, Virginia. The building she purchases already had a failing restaurant with a wait staff and bartender. She is attracted to Steve Serrano, the bartender, even if he doesn't seem to have much ambition. Through a lot of miscommunication and misdirection, the two characters are at odds with each other. At about the halfway point of the book, Steve was getting ...more
Lindsey
Mar 10, 2010 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
I Really Loved this book! although not a learning experience or anything it was fun and i just loved the characters, Roxanne is one of those people you just can't hate even though she is Gorgeous and smart and funny in her own way and Steve is the ultimate hunk-a man with hidden depths and great personality, it did drive me crazy the way Roxanne just doesn't seem to see some really obvious things but I think it kind of just adds to the book... Also I really want to know the story behind Skip... ...more
Amanda
Mar 28, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it
I am not usually a fan of contemporary romances, and I nearly set this one down when the hero raved about how gorgeous the heroine was when he first saw her. But I stayed for the descriptions of drinks and desserts at the start of each chapter, the cat named Cheeto and the historical mystery subplot. And I am glad I did.
3.5 stars.
Margaret
Jul 29, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2009
Fluffy romance that takes place between the owner of a newly opened French restaurant and the bartender. Most of the plot was based on the assumptions the characters made with each other. I got a little bored with it about 3/4 of the way through which is why I don't read this genre too often, althought it was entertaining at first.

Sandy
Jun 27, 2009 Sandy rated it liked it
This was a good read. Besides the obvious budding romance, there was also a mystery. Steve Serrano is also a historian who is interested in the history of the restaurant's location. Cute read. 3/5 stars.
Dari
Feb 25, 2013 Dari rated it liked it
Easy reading. Interesting approach to naming chapters.
The historical background story seems to be a bit 'underresearched' & underdeveloped, so whilst reading, you keep forgetting it's actually there.
And female readers will probably appreciate a very attractive male character.
Rhiannen Cox
Jun 21, 2016 Rhiannen Cox rated it it was amazing
The first romance novel I ever read (by flashlight at night, a secret) this was a book that kept me up, dying to see the end. A romance unlike any other featuring an independent model turned chef and her new bar manager , it features a mystery with historical relevance. Must read!!!
Ness
Jun 26, 2011 Ness rated it liked it
Bit of a slow start and I didn't think that I would end up reading it all. Ended up finishing it within a day and did enjoy it. The characters were quirky and a little bit of mystery thrown in with the romance.
Nys Navarro
Mar 31, 2011 Nys Navarro rated it it was ok
This story is kinda salivating. haha! Every chapter is entitled, of course, with the specialty of the day. The story flowed nicely but it's kinda boring, nothing to be fascinated about.
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Joelle
Joelle rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2010
Sharon
Jun 19, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok
kinda boring.
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Reesh P
Reesh P rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2010
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Cathie
Cathie rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2015
Afiqah
Afiqah rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
kikoiscrazy
kikoiscrazy rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Ann (Noumena12)
Ann (Noumena12) rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Ciara Male
Ciara Male rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Doris
Doris rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2009
Jen Mercury
Jen Mercury rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Renaeadamson
Renaeadamson rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
SyLvIa
SyLvIa rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2016
  • Opposites Attract (Love, New Orleans Style, #5)
  • This Can't Be Love (Summer Lovin', #2)
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • No Holding Back (The Garrisons, #1)
  • Into the Wild (The McGraws, #2)
  • Real Women Don't Wear Size 2
  • Tempting
  • That's Amore
  • Do Not Disturb
  • A Little Help From Above
  • Long Time Gone (Konigsburg, #4)
  • Hook, Line and Sink Him