Start by marking “To Sir Phillip, With Love: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
To Sir Phillip, With Love: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #5.5)

To Sir Phillip, With Love: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons #5.5)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  3,246 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Those cute kids from romance novels aren't actually supposed to grow up, are they?

When last we saw Amanda Crane, she was eight years old and (in her own words) a blight on the face of humanity. Now she's grown up, remarkably well-adjusted, and ready to fall in love. All she needs is the right gentleman...
Published September 1st 2009 by Harper Collins (first published August 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about To Sir Phillip, With Love, please sign up.

Mary Dulaney The previous Epilogue IIs have been added to each one's main book at the end of the Kindle editions. I don't know why this one hasn't.

Exina
This lovely story - unusually from Ms. Quinn - is told in first person, from Amanda’s viewpoint. Amanda now is 19, and has become an elegant, observant, and witty young lady. Not surprising, but still heartwarming to read about how much she loves her stepmother, Eloise, and how idyllic their life is.
Amanda’s narration is smart and kindly sarcastic.
“It must be so very intriguing to be a twin. Tell me, dear Amanda, how is it different than not being one?”
I should hope that I do not have to expl
willaful
I was curious about this story, since the "second epilogue" of Romancing Mr. Bridgerton seemed to also thoroughly cover To Sir Phillip, With Love; Quinn thankfully doesn't rewrite the same scene but skips ahead in time to when Amanda, Sir Phillip's daughter by his first wife, is 19.

This is a very short, conflict-free, pleasant narrative by Amanda, who describes how she came to meet her future husband. The voice is crisp and wry, with a sweetly sentimental undertone. It could possibly be enjoyed
Océano de libros
Mar 06, 2016 Océano de libros rated it it was ok
Este pequeño relato no es que sea importante pero bueno me gustó saber un poco de Amanda Crane pasados unos cuantos años, cuando está en su primer año de su presentación en sociedad. Estas pocas páginas no dan a conocer demasiado pero vamos, me gustó conocer el destino de este personaje y su especial relación con Charles Farraday.
Jujubee
Aug 02, 2016 Jujubee rated it really liked it
Sweet
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Aug 13, 2012 Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb" rated it it was amazing
After my let down with Romancing Mister Bridgerton, Ms Quinn does a real comeback with this book.It is Elosie's turn for love and romance. She leaves London to go meet with her pen pal; she has been writing to over the last year to see if they could be a love match, but he has twin children that Elosie didn't know about which spells disaster!! all of the supporting characters are very well done and we even get a revisit with Anthony Benedict Colin and Gregory the four Bridgerton brothers which h ...more
Elle
Jul 28, 2012 Elle rated it really liked it
4 stars

I thought I would read about Eloise's happy marriage with Sir Phillip but boy I was wrong.

The narrator is Eloise's step-daughter Amanda.

She talked about her life when she were young, of how she met with the love of her life, the life of her being grown up, her new beloved mother, her father who loved his garden to his heart's content and upon witnessing the passion and love passed between her parents.

Recommended.
Ruth
May 08, 2016 Ruth rated it really liked it
Well, that was just fourteen flavors of adorable.
Marcy
Nov 29, 2016 Marcy rated it really liked it

Natha
Agak bikin boring, tapi boleh lha. Secara karakternya c Amanda ini belum terlalu jelas juga, selain kesepiannya yang membuat Eloise susah di buku utamanya. 2nd epilogue-nya kurang memuaskan karena Eloise bukan sentralnya, melainkan PoV 1 dari anak tiri Eloise. :)
Laura J.
Feb 15, 2017 Laura J. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick, light read

I like the idea of the H and h getting to know each other through letters. The writing was at times too cute (especially when the heroine's brothers appear) and shallow.
Melissa
Jul 21, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Sweet story that suffers the way all short stories tend to do ... I wanted more. This was just a short story about Eloise's step-daughter, Amanda. Amanda is grown now, and Eloise has plans to set her up with an eligible suitor. Unlike all of the other Julia Quinn stories I have read, this one is told in 1st person, and for this story I really enjoyed it, especially hearing Amanda's thoughts about her parents' marriage and love for one another. I loved hearing her talk about how Eloise saved her ...more
Cindy
Ini sebenernya cerita paling sweet diantara prolog yang lain. Alasanya karena lebih kekeluargaan, lebih mendidik soal menjadi orang tua. Sir Philip bener bener udah berubah. Dia lebih mengerti anak anaknya :). Inilah kekuatan Eloise, bisa merubah lelaki Lempeng jadi sweet heheheh.

Ceritanya pake Amanda POV, -si kembar, anak tiri Elois-, disini dia menceritakan banyak hal, termasuk kemesraan Ayah dan Ibu tirinya yang gak pernah berubah. Saat Amanda nanya ke ayahnya, apa begitu tidak menyenangkan
Lau
Apr 12, 2012 Lau rated it liked it
3.5
Cómo pasa el tiempo! Y sin embargo todos siguen viéndose tan jóvenes.
Ahora la protagonista (que nos habla como a un diario íntimo) es quien fuera sólo una niña revoltosa en A Sir Phillip, con amor.
Está bonita la historia, es muy simpática, igual que su protagonista. Ah, y Eloise demuestra que la manzana no cae lejos del árbol, cuando le toca el turno de hacer de casamentera con todas las artimañas y sutilezas de la que es capaz.
Amy Johnston
Oct 17, 2009 Amy Johnston rated it really liked it
Tita
Jul 22, 2013 Tita rated it really liked it
Este segundo epilogo é um pouco diferente do que eu esperaria, pois em vez de termos novamente Eloise e Phillip como protagonistas, temos Amanda Crane, a enteada de Eloise, como narradora. Amanda tem agora 19 anos e tornou-se uma bonita e elegante mulher, e que nos conta, de uma forma bem divertida como conheceu o seu marido - Charles. E é bastante cativante, perceber a interacção e o amor de Amanda por Eloise e Sir Phillip.
E qual é o problema deste conto? Ser efectivamente um conto e que nos fa
Linna - Adlina Haezah -
Mmmm...
Yaaaahhh.. cerita berikutnya disini adalah tentang Amanda, anak Phillips dan istrinya yang pertama. Dan disini pake sudut pertama. Bagus sih, bagus. Cumaaa... agak sediih juga karena kisah Amanda dan kisah cintanya cuma dijadiin cerita pendek, jadi jujur aja, kurang puas. Dan nggak ada kisah lebih panjang antara Eloise dan Phillips. Walaupun yah, dulu aku bilang kisah mereka udah cukup sih. Yah, yaaah,,, yah, bagus deh hahaha
'maniell Dulay
May 31, 2014 'maniell Dulay rated it it was amazing
I like it. Simple, but I like it. I would have loved to meet the older Oliver, really. I'm quite sad. But Amanda is very darling anyway, to make up for it. I loved that her personality instantly came across, especially thanks to the story being told in first person. I like that she needn't be a romantic to be so affected by a man immediately, as miss Quinn's stories are often likened to (not that it's a bad thing, of course). It's simple and quite refreshing.
Elenariel
Jul 13, 2011 Elenariel rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
It started promising and I was left wanting.
I don't like the diary-style very much, but Amanda seems a good character, smart and ironic, and she tells in a smooth way. But then there weren't any details about her love story aside for the first encounter. I know, it's like for Posy and Hugh story, but this one sounded better and it was just starting to taste very nice when it jumped to after the marriage and to the end.
Pam Ford
After enjoying the book so much, this epilogue left me wanting.

Told in the person of Amanda, it was a little too dry for me. I enjoyed her retelling of her step mother's first horrors by her brother and herself, but this didn't really give me so much closure as I was hoping for. Though, it is good to see how the family is doing 11 years later. Just seems a little too much happy ending and no real passion or gusto.
Yelania Nightwalker
Eloise y Phillip hacen una muy linda pareja, y eso me llevo a leerme el segundo epílogo de esta novela, mi sorpresa fue enorme cuando me encontré con que era la mini historia de la la hija de Eloise, muy divertida y muy dulce, pero demasiado corta, lo sé, era sólo un epílogo... ahora me gustaría la historia del otro hijo, cómo se llamaba? NO lo recuerdo... en fin, me gustaría saber qué sucedió con ese gemelo :)
April
Oh, I do love the Bridgerton Family! Each story is a wonderful romance with plenty of drama. A nice touch of steam to keep things naughty! Love this whole series and the epilogues!! And that Lady Whistledown is a hoot!! Such wonderfully engaging characters! Makes me wish I could be transported to that era!
Thenia
Jan 01, 2013 Thenia rated it really liked it
Delightful but short! I would have loved to read more about how the marriage came about, but it was still nice reading about grown up Amanda.

The Bridgertons were one of my first historical romance series and I loved them and appreciate the closure the author's giving us with these second epilogues.
marieno
Jul 17, 2012 marieno rated it it was amazing
My favourite of the second Bridgerton Epilogue. It's narrated by Amanda, Eloise daughter *stepdaughter* It's an hommage to Eloise and there is the storyline of the day where she (Amanda) met her husband.
There is a sweet moment between Amanda and her father. It had everything that I was looking for in this epilogue.
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Nov 11, 2010 Astri Nasthasia Videlia rated it really liked it
haa... The Story was Great.. i really Love it...

honestly... Gw sempet bertanya2... kejutan apa lagi yg akan d berikan Julia Quinn kepada pembaca???
and I found the answer.. here...

ga nyangka, 2nd Epilogue kali ini adalah tentang Amanda Crane... How Lovely... ^^

Bintang 4 deh... Special for Amanda.. and Her lovely Husband, Mr. Farraday... ^^
Grace
Apr 01, 2012 Grace rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I think this was my favorite of the epilogues, which is a little strange since this is one of my least favorites of the books. But I loooooved Amanda, and I loved the scene between Amanada and Sir Phillip. Really, really enjoyable.
Clare
Jun 22, 2011 Clare rated it did not like it
I don't know why I torture myself so. Another chapter style short story that I obviously didn't like. I don't think I have a taste for Julia Quinn's second epilogues (although I did find the one of Posy & her beau relatively sweet).
Jonetta
Nov 14, 2011 Jonetta rated it liked it
Fast forward about ten years and we find Amanda Crane ready for her first season but she's begged off London this time. We also get an update on the entire Crane family, along with a peek at Amanda's love interest. Nice, short update, just enough to whet one's appetite.
Alix
May 07, 2013 Alix rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this epilogue! I think it's my favourite so far! Which surprises me since I wasn't a huge fan of the book. But Amanda's voice was terrific and I loved everything about the story. I want more Amanda now!
Yui
Jul 25, 2012 Yui rated it it was amazing
Short story about Amanda. One of the mischief making twins in To Sir Phillip. It was great to read more of my favorite Bridgerton novel. Esp. the part where I'm reassured of the relationship between Eloise and the children.
Melody Black
Mar 03, 2016 Melody Black rated it liked it
It was cute and I liked that it was based when Eloise and Phillip's daughter was older and you can get a look back and a different perspective of what their marriage looks like down the road from the original book.
  • Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • Storming the Castle (Fairy Tales, #1.5)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • Clever John (Maiden Lane, #2.5)
  • Royal Weddings
  • Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Down to Earth
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • Between the Duke and the Deep Blue Sea (Royal Entourage, #1)
  • After Midnight (Cabot, #1)
  • Birthright
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn...

Bridgertons (9 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love With 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #5 & 5.5)

“I can’t help but think that if she was going to kill herself, she might as well have done it earlier. Perhaps when I was a toddler. Or better yet, an infant. It certainly would have made my life easier. I asked my uncle Hugh (who is not really my uncle, but he is married to the stepsister of my current mother’s brother’s wife and he lives quite closeand he’s a vicar) if I would be going to hell for such a thought. He said no, that frankly, it made a lot of sense to him. I do think I prefer his parish to my own.” 4 likes