Start by marking “To Sir Phillip, With Love: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
To Sir Phillip, With Love: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #5.5)

To Sir Phillip, With Love: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons #5.5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  2,692 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Those cute kids from romance novels aren't actually supposed to grow up, are they?

When last we saw Amanda Crane, she was eight years old and (in her own words) a blight on the face of humanity. Now she's grown up, remarkably well-adjusted, and ready to fall in love. All she needs is the right gentleman...
Published September 1st 2009 by Harper Collins (first published August 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about To Sir Phillip, With Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Sir Phillip, With Love

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnTwilight by Stephenie MeyerScandal in Spring by Lisa KleypasThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTo Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn
Best Romantic Beta Heroes
58th out of 468 books — 449 voters
The Duke and I by Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnAn Offer From a Gentleman by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
Best Avon Historical Romance
41st out of 69 books — 84 voters

More lists with this book...

This lovely story - unusually from Ms. Quinn - is told in first person, from Amanda’s viewpoint. Amanda now is 19, and has become an elegant, observant, and witty young lady. Not surprising, but still heartwarming to read about how much she loves her stepmother, Eloise, and how idyllic their life is.
Amanda’s narration is smart and kindly sarcastic.
“It must be so very intriguing to be a twin. Tell me, dear Amanda, how is it different than not being one?”
I should hope that I do not have to expl
I was curious about this story, since the "second epilogue" of Romancing Mr. Bridgerton seemed to also thoroughly cover To Sir Phillip, With Love; Quinn thankfully doesn't rewrite the same scene but skips ahead in time to when Amanda, Sir Phillip's daughter by his first wife, is 19.

This is a very short, conflict-free, pleasant narrative by Amanda, who describes how she came to meet her future husband. The voice is crisp and wry, with a sweetly sentimental undertone. It could possibly be enjoyed
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
After my let down with Romancing Mister Bridgerton, Ms Quinn does a real comeback with this book.It is Elosie's turn for love and romance. She leaves London to go meet with her pen pal; she has been writing to over the last year to see if they could be a love match, but he has twin children that Elosie didn't know about which spells disaster!! all of the supporting characters are very well done and we even get a revisit with Anthony Benedict Colin and Gregory the four Bridgerton brothers which h ...more
Sweet story that suffers the way all short stories tend to do ... I wanted more. This was just a short story about Eloise's step-daughter, Amanda. Amanda is grown now, and Eloise has plans to set her up with an eligible suitor. Unlike all of the other Julia Quinn stories I have read, this one is told in 1st person, and for this story I really enjoyed it, especially hearing Amanda's thoughts about her parents' marriage and love for one another. I loved hearing her talk about how Eloise saved her ...more
4 stars

I thought I would read about Eloise's happy marriage with Sir Phillip but boy I was wrong.

The narrator is Eloise's step-daughter Amanda.

She talked about her life when she were young, of how she met with the love of her life, the life of her being grown up, her new beloved mother, her father who loved his garden to his heart's content and upon witnessing the passion and love passed between her parents.

Ini sebenernya cerita paling sweet diantara prolog yang lain. Alasanya karena lebih kekeluargaan, lebih mendidik soal menjadi orang tua. Sir Philip bener bener udah berubah. Dia lebih mengerti anak anaknya :). Inilah kekuatan Eloise, bisa merubah lelaki Lempeng jadi sweet heheheh.

Ceritanya pake Amanda POV, -si kembar, anak tiri Elois-, disini dia menceritakan banyak hal, termasuk kemesraan Ayah dan Ibu tirinya yang gak pernah berubah. Saat Amanda nanya ke ayahnya, apa begitu tidak menyenangkan
'maniell Dulay
I like it. Simple, but I like it. I would have loved to meet the older Oliver, really. I'm quite sad. But Amanda is very darling anyway, to make up for it. I loved that her personality instantly came across, especially thanks to the story being told in first person. I like that she needn't be a romantic to be so affected by a man immediately, as miss Quinn's stories are often likened to (not that it's a bad thing, of course). It's simple and quite refreshing.
Amanda Sheila
Short story about Amanda (ahem), Frannie's step-daughter. Few years after they got married, Oliver and Amanda's all grown up and ready to settle down. This short book is about Amanda's interesting soon-to-be husband. Sweet and adorbs. :)
Ok so I liked the first person perspective and I am glad that this time around I can read these 2nd Epilogues right after each book! It adds another layer. I was happy to get to know Amanda for herself and not as part of a twin team.
Sadie Brown
Very cute little mini story, I enjoyed. Charles seemed lovely.
Sir Phillip Crane's daughter Amanda's story

Pleasant enough story
Cómo pasa el tiempo! Y sin embargo todos siguen viéndose tan jóvenes.
Ahora la protagonista (que nos habla como a un diario íntimo) es quien fuera sólo una niña revoltosa en A Sir Phillip, con amor.
Está bonita la historia, es muy simpática, igual que su protagonista. Ah, y Eloise demuestra que la manzana no cae lejos del árbol, cuando le toca el turno de hacer de casamentera con todas las artimañas y sutilezas de la que es capaz.
Gaby Franz
Adorable. Pero me quedé con ganas de más sobre Amanda.
Camila Cullen Masen
Ha sido el único epílogo que me ha gustado.
Short and sweet, I liked it. Bravo, JQ :)
Patricia Rodrigues
Este segundo epilogo é um pouco diferente do que eu esperaria, pois em vez de termos novamente Eloise e Phillip como protagonistas, temos Amanda Crane, a enteada de Eloise, como narradora. Amanda tem agora 19 anos e tornou-se uma bonita e elegante mulher, e que nos conta, de uma forma bem divertida como conheceu o seu marido - Charles. E é bastante cativante, perceber a interacção e o amor de Amanda por Eloise e Sir Phillip.
E qual é o problema deste conto? Ser efectivamente um conto e que nos fa
Amy Johnston
This was so cute
Adlina Haezah
Yaaaahhh.. cerita berikutnya disini adalah tentang Amanda, anak Phillips dan istrinya yang pertama. Dan disini pake sudut pertama. Bagus sih, bagus. Cumaaa... agak sediih juga karena kisah Amanda dan kisah cintanya cuma dijadiin cerita pendek, jadi jujur aja, kurang puas. Dan nggak ada kisah lebih panjang antara Eloise dan Phillips. Walaupun yah, dulu aku bilang kisah mereka udah cukup sih. Yah, yaaah,,, yah, bagus deh hahaha
Pam Galloway
After enjoying the book so much, this epilogue left me wanting.

Told in the person of Amanda, it was a little too dry for me. I enjoyed her retelling of her step mother's first horrors by her brother and herself, but this didn't really give me so much closure as I was hoping for. Though, it is good to see how the family is doing 11 years later. Just seems a little too much happy ending and no real passion or gusto.
It started promising and I was left wanting.
I don't like the diary-style very much, but Amanda seems a good character, smart and ironic, and she tells in a smooth way. But then there weren't any details about her love story aside for the first encounter. I know, it's like for Posy and Hugh story, but this one sounded better and it was just starting to taste very nice when it jumped to after the marriage and to the end.
Cute little epilogue! Makes me want more of the children's HEA.
Elii Vela
Eloise y Phillip hacen una muy linda pareja, y eso me llevo a leerme el segundo epílogo de esta novela, mi sorpresa fue enorme cuando me encontré con que era la mini historia de la la hija de Eloise, muy divertida y muy dulce, pero demasiado corta, lo sé, era sólo un epílogo... ahora me gustaría la historia del otro hijo, cómo se llamaba? NO lo recuerdo... en fin, me gustaría saber qué sucedió con ese gemelo :)
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
haa... The Story was Great.. i really Love it...

honestly... Gw sempet bertanya2... kejutan apa lagi yg akan d berikan Julia Quinn kepada pembaca???
and I found the answer.. here...

ga nyangka, 2nd Epilogue kali ini adalah tentang Amanda Crane... How Lovely... ^^

Bintang 4 deh... Special for Amanda.. and Her lovely Husband, Mr. Farraday... ^^
My favourite of the second Bridgerton Epilogue. It's narrated by Amanda, Eloise daughter *stepdaughter* It's an hommage to Eloise and there is the storyline of the day where she (Amanda) met her husband.
There is a sweet moment between Amanda and her father. It had everything that I was looking for in this epilogue.
Delightful but short! I would have loved to read more about how the marriage came about, but it was still nice reading about grown up Amanda.

The Bridgertons were one of my first historical romance series and I loved them and appreciate the closure the author's giving us with these second epilogues.
Oh, I do love the Bridgerton Family! Each story is a wonderful romance with plenty of drama. A nice touch of steam to keep things naughty! Love this whole series and the epilogues!! And that Lady Whistledown is a hoot!! Such wonderfully engaging characters! Makes me wish I could be transported to that era!
A cute epilogue that focuses on Amanda and her romance. Unlike the rest of the Bridgerton series, it is written in the first person.
  • Where's My Hero?  (Gamblers, #3 / Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5 / Splendid, #3.5)
  • Storming the Castle (Fairy Tales, #1.5)
  • Royal Weddings
  • Clever John
  • All About Seduction
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • After Midnight (Cabot, #1)
  • Down to Earth
  • A Winter Scandal (St. Dwynwen, #1)
  • Lord Carew's Bride (Stapleton-Downes, #4)
  • Birthright
  • Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn...

Bridgertons (9 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • Because of Miss Bridgerton (Bridgertons)
The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1) When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)

“I can’t help but think that if she was going to kill herself, she might as well have done it earlier. Perhaps when I was a toddler. Or better yet, an infant. It certainly would have made my life easier. I asked my uncle Hugh (who is not really my uncle, but he is married to the stepsister of my current mother’s brother’s wife and he lives quite closeand he’s a vicar) if I would be going to hell for such a thought. He said no, that frankly, it made a lot of sense to him. I do think I prefer his parish to my own.” 4 likes