The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  533 ratings  ·  62 reviews
In "The Attractor Factor, " Joe Vitale combines principles of spiritual self-discovery with proven marketing concepts to show how anyone can live a happy life in and outside of business. He shares his own quest for wealth and success while leading you through the five simple steps that will make all your aspirations, professional and personal, a reality.
Published March 14th 2005 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2005)

Jeffrey
OK, I gave this three stars for two reasons: antecdote overkill and lack presenting the real problem--HOW to get people to have enough belief that what they want will come to light considering life's unkowns.

First, this book could've been cut in half, at least. Even at 201 pages, not a long book, it's too long. What the book contains is what is revealed in The Secret, which Joe Vitale was a part of; therefore, this book. According to Jack Canfield, also a motivational guru (he's one of the Chic...more
Nura Yusof
This book is about clearly knowing what you want, ask for it from Infinite Intelligence/Universe/God and then, let it go. In a nutshell.

The part that I'm not entirely comfortable about is the clearly knowing part. I, for one, do not know for sure that what I want is really what I want. As humans, we have the unenviable ability to fool ourselves. We can have conversations with our inner selves until the cows come home, and we can still not arrive at a truthful outcome.

The book, while reading it,...more
Zoe Zuniga
This is a good workbook with many ideas about how to break old habits of thinking and become more positive. There are some very mind bending ideas in this book that make for puzzlement, which is not a bad thing. The writer lists a lot of New Thought writers from the turn of the 20th century as well as current writers. I appreciate his candor, his enthusiasm and his way of throwing a lot of ideas out for grabs. If you do not like one idea for one of the steps he has another idea or approach you m...more
David Hooper
If you like Joe Vitale, you'll probably like this book. If not, you won't. Lots of personal stories, "hypnotic writing" (NLP), and links to various things you can purchase, but if you can get past these things, there is some great stuff here. Joe is a great communicator and knows this subject (Law of Attraction and "money mindset" well).

This book was originally released under Spiritual Marketing. I read that one close to ten years ago. This one has added information and is more polished.

Joe borr...more
Mike Ogilvie
Horrible.

Sorry Mr. Vitale, this book was definitely not for me. About mid-way through the 2nd CD I quit the book - a VERY rare occurrence. There could be some redeeming things in the remaining CDs, but I wasn't willing to waste more time on that slim possibility.

To be sure there were some kernels of truth in the reading that had to do with being positive, not focusing on the negative, being patient, enjoying what you have, etc., etc. But unless you're REALLY into a new age or literal definition...more
Paul Sutherland
I once had quite a bit of respect for Joe Vitale and even briefly mention him in my own book.

For me this book said or did nothing more than regurgitate the things that are in many other books including his own. But he is the "author of to many books to mention here."

Sooner or later people around the world will awaken to the fact that Mr Fire along with his cohorts like Proctor and Byrne are nothing more than pseudo gurus praying on the emotions of those seeking wealth by easier methods.

One othe...more
Kelleysgirl Kelley
I have to say I really enjoyed listening to this audio book. It is read by the author and written in a casual, conversational style tone that allows for easy listening and absorption of the ideas presented. Joe Vitale presents a 5 step process to enhance creating what you desire in your life using the principles of the Law of Attraction. The 5 steps are easy to follow and implement and facilitate immediate results. I was surprised at how quickly, by using a few of his techniques, I was able to s...more
Paul
This is a LOA book. I'm more of the Napoleon Hill school, so the newer stuff out there sometimes is a bit of a turn off. I don't always agree with Joe Vitale, but there are a few points that really got me thinking and that alone makes it worth while.
Cj Sime
Great information but I felt his last chapter about Jonathan Jacobs was completely unnecessary and it distracted from the positivity of the rest of the book. Unfortunately it was one of the last chapters so it left a lasting bad taste.
Valentina Valentina
This is a first of self help books I've read. The ideas here are simple and ones you have surely heard before. Stay positive, envision what you want, and walk in that path. The rest will follow.
Carmen
Joe Vitale is an Internet Marketer among other things and I thought this was just going to be another "info product" that internet marketers make. Was I in for a surprize!

The book was well written and easy to read. This should be savored and read over a period of time rather than at a few sittings.

It's a very uplifting and motivating book that offers the premise that we create our own reality and highlights how to create what you want in your life instead of having a life of default.

Joe answers...more
Brian R. Berthold
Very good book on CD. While the author's delivery is a little unorthodox and sometimes a little cheesy, he seems like a genuinely good person. He combines spirituality with business during part of the CD, which is a novel idea in itself, but his main focus is on the power of intention. He suggests exercises (simple ones) that are intended to help people create the worlds they want, not need or must have. You'll see what I mean when you listen to the CD (sounds like I'm helping market it, doesn't...more
Tom Gonzalez
Apr 25, 2007 Tom Gonzalez rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like self empowerment
This book seems to reiterate much that has already been written on the subject... Your focus in your life becomes reality, and that thoughts become things.
He does have some interesting ideas and as a whole, I always learn something from this type of book. I did find that he self promotes a bit much in the early part of the book (not that it’s bad) however, I was feeling antsy and wanted to get speed up to the meat and potatoes. Joe Vitale was one of the featured characters in the movie, "The Sec...more
Chris Norton
A bit like Think and Grow Rich this book breaks the process into steps. Good Read... Very inspirational.
Christopher Pinckley
Here is another great book on becoming more abundant. Joe Vitale explains how you can take all kinds of physical actions in this world to market your products and/or services. But, if you haven't cultivated an inner spiritual sense of joy, enthusiasm, and deservingness then you wont attract business to yourself.

I personally happen to agree with this and discovered many years ago that if I developed a spiritual foundation, I was more magnetic to clients. In fact, I had to do very little advertisi...more
Eddie
This book is a great read and contains eternal truths about the Law of Attraction and how it can be used to manifest money or anything that you can make a part of your belief system. This author understands the Universal Law well, and conveys his understanding within the pages of this book. I always look forward to reading anything he puts out because it's always uplifting and helpful. Review written by Eddie Coronado, author of the Kindle and paperback book "Manifest Your Millions: A Lottery Wi...more
Gale Stafford
Nov 03, 2007 Gale Stafford added it
Recommends it for: people who liked "The Secret" DVD
I won this from DearReader.com book club. Pretty excited because I recognized the author Joe Vitale from "The Secret" DVD. He's a marketing whizkid and understands how independent professionals can easily sell market and stuff via the Internet.

But the book is not about selling over the Internet. It's about manifesting things/experiences you want. He's a decent writer. (As of 11/2/2007) I just started the book so I can't comment on the whole thing. So far so good.
Kerry
not quite the same as the power of intention or the secret. Less new age and more just you get what you focus on, so make sure that you focus on the right thing. For example, if your goal is to lose weight, don't focus on 'losing weight' because that is what you will endlessly accomplish (through weight loss and gain and loss and gain, ad noseum). Instead focus on being healthy and living at a healthy weight
Agata Gorska
Don't remember reading worse book in long long time...
Full of crap, the guy sounds like conman and he preach / teach others to do the same!
You can earn money like me, just became an online author - doesn't matter if you are not a writer, became a online teacher like me - doesn't matter that you have nothing to teach or say...

Gosh, don't waste your time, it's pathetic even for the 'new age' standards.
Polina
Awesome down to earth manual for manifesting your dreams, includes a couple of important distinctions and missing components that are not presented in the Secret. Also highlights the importance of working with other people on getting clear and working on your limiting beliefs. In short, a very informative and practical guide, highly recommended reading.
Laurie
Wonderful CD that outlines all the details of how to create the life that you want. One of the most important things is to make sure you are clear and don't have any blocks. He has some fascinating ways to deal with that including coaches and scripts that go right to your unconscious.
I love his stories and his honest, direct style. Loved it.
Melissa
This was awesome. In the midst of reading this book, it was incredible what I was able to bring into my life by just thinking and applying the principles in this book.
the first one was the new vehicle that I've wanted for 1 year. the second was 2 free horses, a place to keep them and the hay to feed them, all free. I am amazed.
Dale
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read and it really stressed how are thoughts and emotions attract our experiences into our lives. If you are into the LOA you will like this book. If you are not, then I would skip reading it. By the way, I read the latest, updated version of the book. It had a different cover than this one.
Melanie
Full of things from other people's writings and thoughts. The copy I read had "Dr." Joe Vitale listed as the author. The "doctorate" was one of those things you can buy in the mail. Vitale is a fraud and an insult to anyone who has ever gotten a graduate (much less post-grad) degree. All of Joe's stuff is lifted. He's a bore.
Jared Fontaine
I really enjoyed it. I will try some of the things he says but it was not as helpful as Jack Canfeild's The Success Principles! I love that book but you should at least get the autobook of it and try some of the exercises. This book is great for an addition your basic training of the law of attraction.
Vicky Oliver
I have been learning about the magic of intention, and that if you want to earn a lot of money, you need to figure out your true motivation. I've been inspired by author Joe Vitale's challenge to "dare something worthy," and am in the process of applying that to my life right now.
Sanne
'Read' this as an audiobook. Was nice to listen to at the end of the day to get me motivated for the next day. Not that I never look forward to the next day, but extra motivation to make it the best day of your life is always nice. Achieve wealth, luck, love, it's all in here.
Emily
Sep 27, 2007 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone wanting inspiration/motivation or to improve her life
I learn better through examples, and this book is full of them. Incorporates a lot of the same principles as Jack Canfield, Abraham, etc. Using the power of your thoughts/actions to change your life.

He also lives in Texas, so it's guaranteed to be good.

! :)
Ray Justice
I love reminders that include the power of intention and the feelings that we desire to have along with each focus. Joe Vitale, in his many books has become a master of expression for understand, reminders and practice until we get it down pat.
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
  • Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
  • Change Your Life in Seven Days: The World's Leading Hypnotist Shows You How
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Getting Into The Vortex: Guided Meditations CD and User Guide
  • The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Giant Steps: Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
  • The Science of Getting Rich
Dr. Joe Vitale is the author of far too many books to mention here. Here are just a few of them:

He wrote the bestseller, The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or anything else) from the inside out. It became a #1 bestseller twice, even beating the latest Harry Potter book.

He also wrote the #1 bestseller.Lifes Missing Instruction Manual: The Guidebook You Should Have Been Given at...more
More about Joe Vitale...
Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words Life's Missing Instruction Manual: The Guidebook You Should Have Been Given at Birth Attract Money Now