Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters #3)

Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  2,354 ratings  ·  258 reviews
With time dwindling but her will to end the Prophecy stronger than ever, Lia sets out on a journey to find the remaining keys, locate the missing pages of the Prophecy, and convince her sister Alice to help--or risk her life trying. Lia has her beloved Dimitri by her side, but Alice has James, the man who once loved her sister--and maybe still does. James doesn't know the...more
Published August 3rd 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

Bloodlines by Richelle MeadChain Reaction by Simone ElkelesHades by Alexandra AdornettoDelirium by Lauren OliverAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
2011 August YA Releases
29th out of 71 books — 78 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle MeadDivergent by Veronica RothGraceling by Kristin CashoreCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Strong Young Adult Female Heroines
127th out of 519 books — 528 voters

More lists with this book...

Elisa
The thing is with a book being the last, you expect it to be amazing and almost everything gets wrapped up. The thing is, Circle of Fire does wrap everything up, but it's not that amazing.

Circle of Fire was a disappointment to me because not much happens at all. It's the same thing like in Guardian of the Gate, they just look for the last keys and the Stone. Not much happens. At all.

Lia's anger and distrust (throughout practically the whole novel) towards Sonia got annoying. Learn how to forgi...more
Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.85 STARS*****

CATCHALL
Because I am incredibly lazy and the worst procrastinator in the history of everything, this review has taken months for me to actually write. On the bright side, this is my second review today! I'm working on it, I'm catching up…but anyway. Circle of Fire was fantastic finish to Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters series. I loved every intense and soft moment of it. I reread it often, especially my favorite parts.

THE HEROINE
AMALIA MILTHORPE
Lia is...more
Jessica
I loved the first book of the series. It was creepy, unique and with just the right amount of romance. The sequel was a disappointment and this final book is no different.

The plot was predictable and I felt like the romance overshadowed everything. What I loved about the first book was that it gave me the chills but the last two books were just meh.

The more realistic part of book was Lia's unwillingness to forgive Sonia.It was a bit narrow minded of her but that's what make it believable.

Alice...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
I have completely fallen in love with this series and Michelle Zink's writing. There's such a great cast of characters, an addicting romance, a well written lore and not to mention a setting I love in this series. I get so caught up with the storyline and it's lawless plot, that before I know it I've sat and read the whole book, which is what happened with Circle of Fire.

With the conclusion of the series, Circle of Fire wraps things up nicely and also takes things up a notch, i.e. fabulous chemi...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was really boring. I can't even begin to fathom why I wanted to finish the series when I barely liked the first two books. What made this positively horrid was the utterly dull writing and the insufferable heroine (Lia). I had to force myself to finish and I suffered horribly in doing so.
I hated Lia, I couldn't relate to her AT ALL. She was a self righteous, holier than thou, hypocritical, self pitying, boring, bitchy fucking bitch cow. Her sister Alice was supposed to be evul yet s...more
Brittany M.

What an exquisite finale to a fantastic series! I couldn’t have hoped for more when reading Circle of Fire and I know without a doubt that these characters won’t leave me, even though the final page has been turned.

I’ve become so attached to the characters within Michelle Zink’s Prophecy of the Sisters series, so much so that I’m really sad to see them go. Each book so far has left me with lots of food for thought long after the last page, and Circle of Fire is no different. I can’t even begin...more
Bookaholiclover
Circle of Fire

I guess your guessing why I've read this book for like such a long time, well first of all, I've been so busy for weeks already, and I read Exposed first since it was the first ting I practically saw since I had to read Mythology for school so I had to stop with Circle of Fire for a while.

Dimitri as usual made me fall in love as ever, it just made me feel so nice and wonderful to know that a guy like Dimitri can exist maybe not in our world, but in a world even like theirs, the old...more
Caitlings
You know what’s awesome? When a series ends, and you’re happy. Nary a complaint to be found.

That’s how I feel about Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink. Everything that I wanted to have happen, happened.

I don’t even know where to begin.

Actually, that’s a lie. I’m going to begin with James. When reading Prophecy of the Sisters, I loved James. He was cute and different, and I liked that he and Lia weren’t completely cowed by the time and customs that they lived within and enjoyed each others company i...more
Khy
Having read and very much adored Prophecy of the Sisters and Guardian of the Gate, I was quite excited to see where Alica and Lia's tumultuous journey would end. It was quite bittersweet to read this last installment, since the end of a series is always sad, and I've been reading this one since the beginning. However, I did really like this book, and I'm happy to say that it left off in a great place.

I appreciated that, despite this being the last book in the series, there was still plenty of a...more
Jenelle
Not quite sure what to think of this trilogy.

First, the pros:
The writing is absolutely beautiful. Michelle Zink has the whole historical 19th century vibe perfectly. The way the characters speak and think, so old-fashionedly and all, is very realistic. And the way she describes scenery has a very lyrical quality to it.

The worldbuilding is quite good too. The Planes, Altus, Avebury- very realistically done as well. The characters have some depth to them, and grew well throughout the trilogy.

No...more
Fairytale Nerd
WARNING: HOT DIMITRI MARKOV. MAY CAUSE BURNS.

Read my full review at The Fairytale Nerd.

Dimitri is my book boyfriend #2! Read about it here.

LOCATION/SETTING:
Lia's story continues and it takes place in London initially. However, there were parts in the book where the characters travel to neighboring places, the final destination being Avebury. In Avebury, Lia hopes to ends the prophecy.

MAIN CHARACTERS:
Lia is still the center of the story. However, in this book, Lia is not quite the same. The book...more
Maud Crystal
OMG je suis TELLEMENT soulagée d'avoir fini cette trilogie...

ATTENTION SPOILERS!!!

Les scènes "d'amour"(entre guillemets parce que pendant deux tomes ils jouent à "qui allumera l'autre le premier" mais ils ne concretisent jamais, hein, faut pas exagérer, on déconne pas avec les convenances du 19ème, quand même...) entre Lia et Dimitri le-beau-gosse-parfait-en-tous-points sont hyper gnan gnan et cul cul la praline, c'est digne d'un roman harlequin de la pire espèce. Lia m'enerve, et elle se la p...more
Megan Marie
Kate
Nov 30, 2011 Kate added it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Short and Sweet: The Prophecy of the Sisters series has long been a favorite of mine. Zink's incredible writing making the pages fly by. The history. The sibling rivalry. All of it, just amazing. The final book of the series, Circle of Fire, follows in this great tradition. Although it had been a while since I had read the last book, Zink quickly got me back on track. It was finally time to find out how the Prophecy would end. Would it be happily ever after or the end of the world? I was on the...more
Mizuki
Zero star or negative star. It's that bad, trust me.
Comparing with Circle of Fire, Clockwork Angel by Cassie. Clare suddenly reads like it was penned by William Shakespeare.

Circle of Fire is one of the worst final books I had read in the recent period, hitting the rock bottom together with Breaking Dawn, Ascend (final book of the Trylle series) and Rapture (final book of Fallen series.)

If you are determined to read this book, then brace yourself and be prepared for silly love triangle, cardboar...more
Liza
Go check out my review on my blog: Book Crook Liza

Michelle Zink nailed the ending to this trilogy. Her writing is as beautiful as ever and the characters are wonderful, just wonderful!

I loved seeing Lia come into her own throughout this trilogy. She has grown an incredible amount throughout the books and by Circle of Fire she's a woman. She has faults and you see her overcome them; most of all her ability to trust in others and deal with herself.

We get to know more about Alice and her point of v...more
Mel
4.5 stars. Also on http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com

Damn, what a book! An awesome end to a wonderful trilogy. I really became friends with Lia, Dimitri and the keys. I must admit, Lia was very annoying sometimes. She kept bitching about the fact that Sonia betrayed her. But it was not that Sonia had a choice. I really wanted to smack Lia and tell her to shut up about it. She messed up the whole friendship with everbody. Brigid was lovely! And I fell in love with Gareth, haha. He sounds adorab...more
Kelly Kiesel
Circle of Fire is the conclusion to Michelle Zink’s Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy. The trilogy centers around two twin sisters, Alice and Lia, and a prophecy that has been passed down by the women in their family for generations. Two twin sisters, One the Guardian, the other the Gate. The Gate has the power to bring hell to earth while the Guardian is responsible for keeping the Gate in check. (The review may be a little confusing for anyone not familiar with the trilogy.)

The story starts off...more
Char
For my full review please visit my blog: Circle of Fire review @ From the Shadows I Review

My mind has been blown. I knew this trilogy was special when I read book one and was unable to put it down. I fell in love with Michelle Zink's magical way with words in a way I never thought I would. I pride myself on never pre-ordering a book because I have the self control to wait but with this series I pre-ordered not only this book but its predecessor. I fell into the world of Lia Milthorpe and I lov...more
the golden witch.
You know, I’m really pretty bummed that this is the last of the trilogy. I really am. We may be getting novellas or short stories in the future from the “Prophecy” universe, but at least we now have some sort of closure with the “Prophecy” storyline and characters. it was wonderfully fast-paced – wasting no time with a quick review of the previous books for the reader, we go right from where second book left off. Because of all of this (and more), Zink once again proves herself a powerful voice...more
Erin
Wow. Bad. Bad, bad, bad. I read the first book because I saw the author speak at Decatur Book Festival and it was pretty decent. A bit of a rip off on Gemma Doyle but it did have an interesting setup with twin sisters, one of which is the 'evil twin'..So it had some promise and I went on to read the 2nd book. The 2nd book is where things veer badly off base (for me). The Victorian setting and feeling is somewhat tossed aside as the girls travel to a place called Altus where women don't have to w...more
Amee
The first book in this series was awesome. I loved it. These last two have been so disappointing though. I think this would have worked better as a two book series to be honest. I think the stretching required to get three books out of the story were what hurt it in the end.

Nothing seemed to really happen in the second or third books. Particularly this last book it seemed like an endless list of traveling, visiting the Otherworlds, and angsty phrases about ending the prophecy.

Then the end. Seri...more
Lydia
As much as I hate to say it, this is one series that I'm fine with saying farewell to. Prophecy of Sisters Trilogy by Michelle Zink, adios, ciao, arrivederci, au revoir...

You get the point.

Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink. What can I say? One half of me felt that it was too rushed, that Zink got sick of writing halfway and wanted to end it faster, with the skipping over many of the details, such as the finding of the Rite and the stone, and Alice's sudden side switching (an all too expected deus...more
Sylvia
Εκπληκτική πλοκή, αριστοτεχνικά δεμένη. Στο τρίτο και τελευταίο βιβλίο της σειράς οι συνέπειες της προφητείας βαραίνουν περισσότερο από ποτέ τα κλειδιά και κυρίως την Λία.

Χωρίς να αναφέρω ονόματα μη θέλοντας να σποϊλάρω, μαθαίνουμε και βλέπουμε αφενός το πάθος, τον έρωτα, τη φιλία, την αξία της οικογένειας, ενώ από την άλλη βλέπουμε την καχυποψία, το φόβο και την αυτοθυσία για αυτούς που αγαπάμε. Η αντοχή, η δύναμη και η υπομονή τραβηγμένες στα όρια τους.

Έχει ενδιαφέρον θέμα πλεγμενο μυθολογικά...more
Alyse
The book was good but got very repetitive. The ending was a bit anti-climatic but the writing was good as always. The writing was depressing at times but I am still glad I finished the series :)
Angel Go
Michelle Zink ended the trilogy in a bittersweet way but I wouldn't have it any other way, either. The ending was perfect and the way the story unfolded was amazing. Wonderful! :) That's all I can say. I highly recommend this book.
Kimberly
I loved this book and the ending.I think there needs to be another book just to say what happend later.I was interested to the very end and even after that i wanted more.Michelle Zink is an amazing writer!
Krystle williams
I absolutely loved this series. This book kept me on the edge of the seat until the very end!
Sharmaine Mahtani
I SO LOVE THIS BOOK and THIS SERIES..thank you for making it
I have a question! 4 13 May 15, 2013 09:14PM
has anyone read this? 8 56 Apr 14, 2012 01:48PM
Ways to thwart the curse? 1 7 Sep 11, 2011 04:29PM
  • Always a Witch (Witch, #2)
  • Haunted (Dreaming Anastasia, #2)
  • Bloodborn (Other, #2)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)
  • Unforsaken (Banished, #2)
  • The Screaming Season (Possessions, #3)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Swear (Swoon, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Nightspell (Mistwood, #2)
  • Dark Goddess (Devil's Kiss, #2)
  • Eternal (Immortal, #3)
  • The Vision (The Mark, #2)
  • Beautiful Days (Bright Young Things, #2)
  • All You Desire (Eternal Ones, #2)
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy, #2)
  • The Hidden (The Hollow, #3)
  • The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1-2)
Michelle Zink is author of the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy, A Temptation of Angels, and This Wicked Game. Her next book, Lies I Told release Spring 2015.

Learn more on Michelle's blog at www.michellezink.com.

More about Michelle Zink...
Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2) A Temptation of Angels This Wicked Game Whisper of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novella #1)

“Alice will always be a beautiful mystery. It is one I am content not to solve.I can love her now in her lovely darkness." -Amalia Milthorpe” 0 likes