Cold Tea on a Hot Day

Cold Tea on a Hot Day (Valentine #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Marilee James has a complicated life--caring for her special-needs son, playing surrogate mother to an abandoned niece and temporarily running the local paper until the new managing editor arrives. She's so busy attending to everyone else that her own yearnings get pushed aside.Then Tate Holloway comes speeding into town in his BMW, bringing his whiz-bang laptop, journalis...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Tea on a Hot Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Tea on a Hot Day

Peggy
Liked this book very much. It is another of Curtiss Ann Matlock's series about the little town of Valentine, Oklahoma and the eccentric people who populate the town. This one is about Marilee, associate editor of the Valentine Voice, small town weekly newspaper. She is also a single mom who has also taken in her abandoned niece, Corrine to raise with her son Willie Lee, who is mentally challenged.

All sorts of things happen in Valentine. Marilee gets engaged to her boyfriend, Parker, the local v...more
Kelly
Just so you know, I DO NOT like romance books, but this was a delightful exception!! Set in the fictional town of Valentine, Oklahoma. It is about a single mom who works at the local newspaper. A rivalry for her attentions comes from the local vet and the newspaper's new editor. This book does an excellent job of bringing the characters of this small town to life, and makes you care about each and every one (not just the main characters). There are several books this author has written that are...more
Sandra
This is book three in a continuing series and I'm enjoying all that I've read. I love the characters, and how each one has their own story and situation, yet is incorporated into the overall storyline. It continues in the next book, At The Corner of Love and Heartache, finding Marilee James as well as others figuring out their lives and their hearts journey.
Marjorie
Tate Holloway has bought the Valentine Voice and meets Marilee James, the managing editor. Marilee has a special needs son and a niece that take a lot of their time. Marilee is also dating the veterinarian. Tate is persistent and gets his woman.
Maggie
Good story, interesting characters, I just couldn't get into it. I picked up this book because the main character has a special needs kid and so do I but I ended up liking the Tate character more than Marilee.
Barks & Bites
Still updating my old reads. Ugh, what a tedious task. I read this many years ago for All About Romance. The review is archived HERE .
W
This is a "feel good" book... I started with this one (#3 in the series) because my library doesn't have the others in an e-book. I didn't feel as though I was missing anything by starting with #3.
Mary-Frances
So cute! Love the characters and the heartwarming stories. Fun, quick and light reads.
tbears
Not as good as LOST HIGHWAYS but still entertaining. Mindless predictable read.
Vivian Schmacher
I enjoyed the story and the unexpected changes in the characters.
Carrie
It has a lot of people to keep track of.
Jeanie
Jeanie marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Keri
Keri added it
Aug 26, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 28, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 11, 2014
Anita Scroggins
Anita Scroggins marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Curtiss Ann Matlock is the author of nearly forty books and short stories. With over 7 million copies in print worldwide, her books have earned rave reviews, spots on the USA TODAY bestseller list and numerous awards.

Born in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, into a family of avid readers, Curtiss Ann began reading before entering first grade and was writing vignettes while still in elementary school...more
More about Curtiss Ann Matlock...
Lost Highways (Valentine, #1) Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel (Valentine, #6) Recipes for Easy Living (Valentine, #5) Miracle on I-40 At the Corner of Love and Heartache (Valentine, #4)

“Foolishness is the human condition, and exactly what God handles best.” 2 likes