Start by marking “Zeitreisen für Anfänger” as Want to Read:
Zeitreisen für Anfänger

Zeitreisen für Anfänger

Na een vreselijke ruzie met haar vriend Will gaat journaliste Rosie op weg naar een interview in een jaren vijftig-wijk, de locatie van een nieuwe realityshow. Daar aangekomen lijkt ze wel in een andere tijd beland. Dan valt het kwartje: ze is natuurlijk kandidaat in de show! Na de eerste schok probeert Rosie zich aan te passen aan de lifestyle van de jaren vijftig. Emanci ...more
Published July 7th 2009 by Scherz (first published July 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Zeitreisen für Anfänger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zeitreisen für Anfänger

Jan 12, 2012 Kell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
I don't often read chick-lit, but this one kind of sparkles in the same way that a good rom-com film does. Yes, it's light and a little fluffy, but it's funny and sweet and sometimes serious too. I was surprised at how believable the whole thing was, despite the "time slip" element of the plot - it all slotted together very nicely. The characters were likeable and familiar, the situations were realistic and the developing relationships were wonderful to read.

It's a lighthearted look at how a mod
Christine Blachford
It took me a couple of attempts to get into this one, but the words 'time' and 'travel' on the front had got me interested. The story follows a journalist who goes to interview someone about the 1950s and ends up in that time period. It takes her a while to adjust, but she finds herself adapting to life decades ago, and as you might imagine, she learns lots of lessons about herself and about life to bring back with her when she returns to the present.

It was an interesting read, not quite what I
Adeline Kam
Oct 05, 2015 Adeline Kam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm....this is a good book to read. 1st time I am reading a book by this author. Not bad a story. And lessons for us to learn as well. A story about a reporter from the 21st Century, Rosie Hartford, going back in time to the 1950s. There she met her boyfriend who is married with 3 kids & to her best friend; and other acquantainces from her 21st Century. What I learnt is life in the 1950s are very simple - No Technology, and they live do with it. Overall life is simple, no branded stuff, no c ...more
Sandra Gallegos
No está mal, pero tampoco es que sea gran cosa... Es todo muy confuso, además, sobre todo al principio y al final, pero desde luego engancha y los personajes tienen ese algo que te hace querer seguir leyendo y descubrir qué les va a pasar.
Ahora mismo estoy sin ordenador en casa, así que me explayaré en cuanto recupere mi portátil.

EDITO (7-6-16):
Este libro ha sido interesante gracias a ese viaje en el tiempo que hace la protagonista, ya que ella es una mujer del siglo XXI que acaba llegando, de m
This had the potential to be a decent time travel book. Rosie, our heroine is suddenly transported back to the 1950's. It takes place in England. England was slow to modernize and was behind the US in modern conveniences and style. Rosie's immediate thought is that she is somehow part of a reality tv show taking place in the 1950's style stage set. Even though she sees the impossibility of turning an entire city retro and she is a news reporter she doesn't really investigate. She just continues ...more
Rosie is a reporter for the local paper, she's been in a relationship with Will for a while but feels he may never be ready to take their relationship further - she fears he's a manchild.

Sent to interview one of the first residents of the local estate which is celebrating its 50th anniversary, Rosie comes over all peculiar and wakes up in the 1950s.

At first Rosie thinks she is being set up as a contestant on a TV programme called The 1950s House and gamely plays along until she realises the set
Not bad but not brilliant. I like the concept surrounding how Rosie ended up in the 1950s, but the extended "oh this must be reality TV!" bit was simply irritating and I never really warmed to Rosie as a character - which isn't great when you're reading a book written in first-person POV!

Some of the highlighting of the differences between views then and now was done well, but the book could have done with a better proof-reader and, all in all, ended up being just not my thing at all. For anyone
I bought this book for 20p ( 35c) from a charity shop in Scotland a few years back. It's been siting on my tbr shelf ever since. I only read it in the interests of reducing the number of books on that shelf. It passed a few hours quite well but It's a bit boring. I'm glad to put it in the library book sale box.
Feb 03, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
always attracted to books featuring time travel; this one was an interesting outing into that genre and some great twists and turns but it was left with too many unanswered questions at the end for my liking. Still worth reading though!
Liz Jeffrey
Aug 21, 2014 Liz Jeffrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It took me back to my childhood of tad 50's & 60's. Great descriptions which conjured up great memories. Would recommend this book.
Maureen Farrell
Aug 07, 2014 Maureen Farrell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a child of the 50s I enjoyed the contrast between the two periods. The 50s were well portrayed.
Mar 04, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-group
A light hearted read about a woman who is taken back in time. Ideal holiday reading.
Jun 20, 2015 Alison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Nice story, believable, interesting, nice characters. Not massively exciting but a nice gentle read.
I listened to this on talking book, it was a good choice as it wasn't too demanding so didn't need my close attention. An enjoyable read about a journalist who finds herself living in the 1950s. Lots of interesting social history, we forget how much easier our life is now with washing up liquid, hot water, eelctricity and birth control. Rosie misses so much about life in the rpesent day, and finds herself amazed at the attitudes towards women that existed. It's quite a romance, which to be hones ...more
Aug 31, 2014 Coyney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an absolutely brilliant book. Didn't want it to end
Jan 14, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Noughties girl reporter Rosie falls through a crack in time (or does she?) and lands in the drab greyness of the 1950s. Is it another virtual reality show - The 1950s House? But where are the hidden cameras? Why is her boyfriend Will called Billy and what's happened to her best friend Caz?

This is an undemanding but utterly enjoyable read (I raced through it in two sittings). Sharon Griffiths is a good storyteller and setter of scenes. More please.
I enjoyed this amusing 'chick-lit' it was a modern take on the 'Wizard of Oz' to me. I borrowed this in audiobook from my local library and listened to it on my way to and from work. The characters were likeable thought not all of them well described. Some of the storyline was a little predictable but then most chick-lit is, this didn't really stop me from enjoying it and finding it an amusing 'read'.
Aug 09, 2011 Lynsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the blurb on the back I thought that this book would be a lot more deep & serious than it turned out to be.

Fundamentally, it's still a simple tale; a piece of chic-lit.

That said, I still thoroughly enjoyed it thanks to the 1950's twist, and I found the period detail to be thoroughly interesting.

I'd definitely give this author another go!
Aug 08, 2013 Maaike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik heb erg genoten van dit boek. Het is een chick-lit en dat merk je er ook wel aan, soms is het verhaal dus wel voorspelbaar. Desalniettemin vind ik het verhaal, zeker voor een chick-lit, tamelijk origineel gevonden op sommige momenten. Als je echt naar iets literair op zoek bent is dit waarschijnlijk niets voor jou, maar het is een heerlijk boek voor aan het zwembad.
May 20, 2014 Sam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jul 10, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light read that is really enjoyable. Some plot challenges re time travel that don't quite fit but generally handled well. Shouldn't be compared to Time Traveller's Wife as quite different genre - not intended to be at same level. Fabulous reminder of patriarchal society in 50"s, we have certainly moved on. A pleasurable, satisfying, light read.
Dec 16, 2011 Mira rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Don't be fooled by the sci-fi-esque title, this is chick lit - and while disappointed to realise this after I withdrew it from the library, I did get into it.

I enjoyed all the descriptions of living life in the 1950s but the girl-obsessed-with-boy plot made it ever so dreary.

A so so read that took me from Poole to London
Meg O'ryan
Sep 07, 2016 Meg O'ryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 1900s
Took me a while to get hooked by this book, and I found the first couple of chapters frustrating because of it. The 1950s parts were very atmospheric, though, and the story was well-paced. Like others, I found the emphasis on the romantic tension between the central character and Will/Billy increasingly irritating.
Feb 03, 2013 Catalina. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Apr 10, 2012 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read
This was one of those books that I wasn't sure about but found that I really enjoyed it. I liked the plotline which was similar to the TV series 'Life on Mars' starring John Simm.

I would definately recommend this to anyone who is looking for an alternative to mystery or thriller novels.
Mar 20, 2016 Sabina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This book is taking you to the 1950's, where you learn what it meant to live back then, partly no electricity, no modern comfort. Instead you find family values and also quite a lot of prejudice.

Not bad, but it didn't make me crave for more. As soon as I finished it, I almost forgot it, too.
Dec 20, 2009 Alison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
Very silly book about a journalist who goes to a housing estate to interview one of the original residents, and finds herself stuck in the 1960s. Daft in a Dallasesque "Bobby Ewing in the shower" way but enjoyable enough I guess.
Sep 04, 2012 Joanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

A very unbelievable plot but if you enjoy reminiscing about the past, it's worth a read. I haven't thought about 'Vim' or tin baths in over 40 years! It brought back a lot of memories.
Oct 25, 2008 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good, easy read. At first I thought it was going to be "run of the mill" chick lit ... but once Rosie has 'travelled' back to the 1950's I couldn't put the book down. Very clever ending.
Jan 18, 2009 Evans rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
It's a good book if you don't want to think too much. There's not much substance to it on the pure theoretical science front, SF, fantasy or pretty much any other front.
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • The Mistress
  • Drawing with Light
  • Eliza Rose
  • A Shortcut in Time (A Shortcut in Time, #1)
  • The Round Tower
  • Playing with the Moon
  • Animal Instincts
  • That Summer in Ischia
  • The Withered Arm and Other Stories 1874-1888
  • Our Lady of Pain (Edwardian Murder Mysteries, #4)
  • Public Property (Freya Johnson, #2)
  • Soldier Girl
  • Once Upon A Winter
  • The Baby Diaries
  • Running in Heels
  • Strangers on the 16:02
  • Verslingerd (Verkikkerd #2)