Start by marking “Zeitreisen für Anfänger” as Want to Read:
Zeitreisen für Anfänger

Zeitreisen für Anfänger

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Na een vreselijke ruzie met haar vriend Will gaat journaliste Rosie op weg naar een interview in een jaren vijftig-wijk, de locatie van een nieuwe realityshow. Daar aangekomen lijkt ze wel in een andere tijd beland. Dan valt het kwartje: ze is natuurlijk kandidaat in de show! Na de eerste schok probeert Rosie zich aan te passen aan de lifestyle van de jaren vijftig. Emanci ...more
Published July 7th 2009 by Scherz (first published July 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Zeitreisen für Anfänger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zeitreisen für Anfänger

Kell
I don't often read chick-lit, but this one kind of sparkles in the same way that a good rom-com film does. Yes, it's light and a little fluffy, but it's funny and sweet and sometimes serious too. I was surprised at how believable the whole thing was, despite the "time slip" element of the plot - it all slotted together very nicely. The characters were likeable and familiar, the situations were realistic and the developing relationships were wonderful to read.

It's a lighthearted look at how a mod
Christine Blachford
It took me a couple of attempts to get into this one, but the words 'time' and 'travel' on the front had got me interested. The story follows a journalist who goes to interview someone about the 1950s and ends up in that time period. It takes her a while to adjust, but she finds herself adapting to life decades ago, and as you might imagine, she learns lots of lessons about herself and about life to bring back with her when she returns to the present.

It was an interesting read, not quite what I
Alison
Rosie is a reporter for the local paper, she's been in a relationship with Will for a while but feels he may never be ready to take their relationship further - she fears he's a manchild.

Sent to interview one of the first residents of the local estate which is celebrating its 50th anniversary, Rosie comes over all peculiar and wakes up in the 1950s.

At first Rosie thinks she is being set up as a contestant on a TV programme called The 1950s House and gamely plays along until she realises the set
Tria
Not bad but not brilliant. I like the concept surrounding how Rosie ended up in the 1950s, but the extended "oh this must be reality TV!" bit was simply irritating and I never really warmed to Rosie as a character - which isn't great when you're reading a book written in first-person POV!

Some of the highlighting of the differences between views then and now was done well, but the book could have done with a better proof-reader and, all in all, ended up being just not my thing at all. For anyone
Meg O'ryan
Took me a while to get hooked by this book, and I found the first couple of chapters frustrating because of it. The 1950s parts were very atmospheric, though, and the story was well-paced. Like others, I found the emphasis on the romantic tension between the central character and Will/Billy increasingly irritating.
Liz Jeffrey
I really enjoyed this book. It took me back to my childhood of tad 50's & 60's. Great descriptions which conjured up great memories. Would recommend this book.
Maureen Farrell
As a child of the 50s I enjoyed the contrast between the two periods. The 50s were well portrayed.
A light hearted read about a woman who is taken back in time. Ideal holiday reading.
Michelle
I listened to this on talking book, it was a good choice as it wasn't too demanding so didn't need my close attention. An enjoyable read about a journalist who finds herself living in the 1950s. Lots of interesting social history, we forget how much easier our life is now with washing up liquid, hot water, eelctricity and birth control. Rosie misses so much about life in the rpesent day, and finds herself amazed at the attitudes towards women that existed. It's quite a romance, which to be hones ...more
Coyney
What an absolutely brilliant book. Didn't want it to end
Rachel
Noughties girl reporter Rosie falls through a crack in time (or does she?) and lands in the drab greyness of the 1950s. Is it another virtual reality show - The 1950s House? But where are the hidden cameras? Why is her boyfriend Will called Billy and what's happened to her best friend Caz?

This is an undemanding but utterly enjoyable read (I raced through it in two sittings). Sharon Griffiths is a good storyteller and setter of scenes. More please.
Wendy
I enjoyed this amusing 'chick-lit' it was a modern take on the 'Wizard of Oz' to me. I borrowed this in audiobook from my local library and listened to it on my way to and from work. The characters were likeable thought not all of them well described. Some of the storyline was a little predictable but then most chick-lit is, this didn't really stop me from enjoying it and finding it an amusing 'read'.
Lynsey
Reading the blurb on the back I thought that this book would be a lot more deep & serious than it turned out to be.

Fundamentally, it's still a simple tale; a piece of chic-lit.

That said, I still thoroughly enjoyed it thanks to the 1950's twist, and I found the period detail to be thoroughly interesting.

I'd definitely give this author another go!
Maaike
Ik heb erg genoten van dit boek. Het is een chick-lit en dat merk je er ook wel aan, soms is het verhaal dus wel voorspelbaar. Desalniettemin vind ik het verhaal, zeker voor een chick-lit, tamelijk origineel gevonden op sommige momenten. Als je echt naar iets literair op zoek bent is dit waarschijnlijk niets voor jou, maar het is een heerlijk boek voor aan het zwembad.
Heather
A light read that is really enjoyable. Some plot challenges re time travel that don't quite fit but generally handled well. Shouldn't be compared to Time Traveller's Wife as quite different genre - not intended to be at same level. Fabulous reminder of patriarchal society in 50"s, we have certainly moved on. A pleasurable, satisfying, light read.
Mira
Don't be fooled by the sci-fi-esque title, this is chick lit - and while disappointed to realise this after I withdrew it from the library, I did get into it.

I enjoyed all the descriptions of living life in the 1950s but the girl-obsessed-with-boy plot made it ever so dreary.

A so so read that took me from Poole to London
Catalina.
ME ENCANTÓ. Y ME DIO TANTA PENA CON BILLY, CAROL, PEGGY, ETC. PORQUE AUNQUE FUERA UN LIBRO, Y OBVIAMENTE LOS PERSONAJES NO EXISTEN REALMENTE, ERA COMO SI LO HICIERAN, Y ENTONCES CON TODO ESO DE QUE SUPUESTAMENTE NUNCA VISITÓ LOS CINCUENTA ME DEPRIMÍ:C. PERO PASÓ ÑALJFÑ. EN FIN, FUE FANTÁSTICOP♥.CHAU.
Grace
This was one of those books that I wasn't sure about but found that I really enjoyed it. I liked the plotline which was similar to the TV series 'Life on Mars' starring John Simm.

I would definately recommend this to anyone who is looking for an alternative to mystery or thriller novels.
Sabina
This book is taking you to the 1950's, where you learn what it meant to live back then, partly no electricity, no modern comfort. Instead you find family values and also quite a lot of prejudice.

Not bad, but it didn't make me crave for more. As soon as I finished it, I almost forgot it, too.
Alison
Very silly book about a journalist who goes to a housing estate to interview one of the original residents, and finds herself stuck in the 1960s. Daft in a Dallasesque "Bobby Ewing in the shower" way but enjoyable enough I guess.
Joanne

A very unbelievable plot but if you enjoy reminiscing about the past, it's worth a read. I haven't thought about 'Vim' or tin baths in over 40 years! It brought back a lot of memories.
Victoria
A good, easy read. At first I thought it was going to be "run of the mill" chick lit ... but once Rosie has 'travelled' back to the 1950's I couldn't put the book down. Very clever ending.
Evans
It's a good book if you don't want to think too much. There's not much substance to it on the pure theoretical science front, SF, fantasy or pretty much any other front.
Triduana
Good fun for the most part; light-hearted and amusing. Was disappointed in the reveal towards the end though. Lost interest and didn't read the last 20 or so pages.
Kate
wooden dialogue, predictable plot, not much happened. Jumping on the band wagon of the time travellers wife in a big way although the two books are not at all similar!
Mayra Ignacia Carrasco
Una lectura relativamente rápida y entretenida, aunque con una protagonista un poco irritante a ratos. Más info en el blog :V http://welcometomybookshelf.blogspot.com
Bec
Basic run of the mill chick lit, easy read while nursing :) the concept was interesting but parallels to 'Time travelers wife' are laughable.
Ike Khan
I read this on a skiing trip to Mont Blanc in the French Alps and although it was a little predictable in places it was an enjoyable read.
Ellemiek
Very cute. Just the thing I needed to wean me of my Nurse Jackie addiction. Light and fun. Shame about the ending though bit too easy.
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • Drawing with Light
  • The Mistress
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)
  • A Shortcut in Time (A Shortcut in Time, #1)
  • Our Lady of Pain (Edwardian Murder Mystery #4)
  • Yours Truly
  • Running in Heels
  • Hunting Unicorns
  • Strangers on the 16:02
  • Bushwhacked Bride (Wink & A Kiss #2)
  • The Baby Diaries
  • The Last Highlander
  • Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain
  • The Last Time I Saw You
  • Night Visitor
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • That Summer in Ischia
The Lost Guide To Life And Love Ouderwets verliefd Storms and Blessings: The Story of How One Woman's Faith Helped Her fight Breast Cancer Of Love and Life: The Secret Life of Evie Hamilton / The Accidental Time Traveller / Under a Blood Red Sky