Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 44: Let's Go Back (One Piece, #44)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 44: Let's Go Back (One Piece, #44)

One Piece, Volume 44: Let's Go Back (One Piece #44)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,091 ratings  ·  22 reviews
High jinx on the high seas!

Please note: book reads right to left (Japanese style)

As a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming the King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber…at the cost of never being able to swim again! Now Luffy, with the help of a motley collection of pirate wannabes, is setting off
Published May 4th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 44, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 44

Wickedshizuku
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans, Shounen Manga fans, Adventure fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Okay you have a list of chores to get done before you can sit down, and read this volume.
1.Go to the bathroom.
2.Get a snack and drink.
3.Get a box of Kleenex.
4.Make sure you have optimal concentration.
5.Make sure you are alone.

No you effing perverts not that...
One Piece vol. 44 Review photo Sanji_Crossover.gif

I'm talking about something as dramatic as this...
Photobucket

First you have a lot of "Hell yeah!" moments at the very beginning.
Get ready to cry because... (and I'm warning you now this is a spoiler! Don't read the spoiler if you don't want it ruin
Marilag
Adhi Glory (glory2go)
Nah, salah satu episode One Piece favorit saya adalah saat Luffy cs berusaha merebut kembali temen mereka, Robin, yang ditangkap oleh Angkatan Laut. Walopun untuk itu mereka harus bertarung mati-matian melawan kelompok Agen Rahasia Pemerintah Dunia yang tak pernah terkalahkan, Chipper Pol No. 9 (CP9). Namun demikian, meskipun sebelumnya banyak yang menyangsikan kemampuan mereka, tapi toh Luffy cs berhasil mengalahkan CP9! Dan menghancurkan Enies Lobby, penjara terkuat milik Pemerintah Dunia—temp ...more
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Rana
though the fight were settled in my mind from the very begining but I enjoyed Luffy's fight with Lucci a lot. The coming back, for a brief period, of going merry to save the day is awesome and a perfect ending to the whoke situation. This was a very fast paced volume with a lot of action and very emotional ending. I loved it!
Sara
Great ending to that story arc, and the merry bit made me want to cry for it again. Really nice surprise.
Jeffrey
The climax of the Water Seven/Enies Lobby arc may be one of the best manga volumes I've ever read and is definitely the best of the series. With the Buster Call launching its attack on the island and Luffy facing off against Lucci, the Straw Hat Pirates and friends find themselves trapped. It will take one crewmember making the ultimate sacrifice to save them all.

True, it takes the development of the characters over the series for this story to have the impact it does. But, perfectly paced, beau
Tsering
good bye going merry.
we will miss you.
javiera
i want to kill myself
Joy
Sarah Lu
Ashley Sigler
One of my favorite fights in One Piece! You get to see some of Luffy's new moves. The pigeon guy gets the crap beat out of him and it's so intense and just... Amazing. That's all One Pieces is. Amazing!
Logan
Jun 19, 2011 Logan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
In this volume,the fight in Enies Lobby comes to a close.Every single page was TERRIFIC,and is deffinitley a must have for every One Piece manga fan out there!
Adham Fusama
Ini pertama kalinya saya benar-benar menangis baca One Piece. Terima kasih Oda, yang telah membuat Merry lebih dari sekedar kapal...
Timothy
The climax to the Eines Lobby arc and a tear jerker all in one volume.

Farewell, Merry.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 26 September 2007.
Anna
Mar 08, 2013 Anna added it
Shelves: manga
fight fight fight...blah blah
and then.. manly tears for Going Merry!! (@_@;)
704Matthew
this was the best book of one piece ever
Talbot Hook
I just about lost it when Merry passed away.
S. J.
Jul 01, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
  • Naruto, Vol. 42: The Secret of the Mangekyo (Naruto, #42)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 15 (Fairy Tail, #15)
  • Bleach, Vol. 33: The Bad Joke (Bleach #33)
208650
See also 尾田 栄一郎

Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime One Piece.

As a child, Oda was inspired by Akira Toriyama's works and aspired to become a manga artist. He recalls that his interest in pirates was probably sparked by the popular TV animation series titled Vicky the Viking. He submitted a character named Pandaman for Yudet
More about Eiichiro Oda...
One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1) One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38) One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8) One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6) One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)