Start by marking “The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga, #1)

The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The era of peace among the elves, men, and dwarves comes to an end when one of Londor's twin moons disappears from the heavens. Without the moon's balancing effect, evil forces grow bold, and warfare, sickness, and chaos threaten life itself. Hearing the prayers of desperation that ride on the violent winds, the ancient wizard Randor Miithra, servant to the elf-gods, takes ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Fanda Books (first published October 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Stolen Moon of Londor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stolen Moon of Londor

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateShiver by Maggie StiefvaterPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-SmithCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Best Book Cover 2009
94th out of 315 books — 3,026 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareAn Echo in the Bone by Diana GabaldonBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
Best Books of 2009
344th out of 1,372 books — 6,736 voters

More lists with this book...

P00ks
The Stolen Moon of Londor is the start of your typical epic fantasy story, yet with the potential to be more. To summarize with a broad stroke: A band of heroes gather, by choice or just swept up by the flow, and set out to find the stolen moon before their magical powers, and the world, comes to an end. Along the way they discover that the task before them is greater than simply finding a thief and reclaiming the moon.

The characters themselves are very set in their ways, fact that is repeated o
Cindy
This was an okay book. It was the typical quest fantasy book. I felt the beginning was a little slow but the last half really picked up.

My biggest problem was the characters. I didn't bond with any, and I think the problem with this is there were just too many characters Stephen tried to portray therefore no one got any depth. It wasn't that bad but every character acted the same all the way through the book one one had any layers :(

I would read the second book to see where Stephens takes this
Steve Roberts
A great introduction into the world of fantasy for children and adults.
An excellent story that gets better with every chapter.
The land of Londor has much potential for other tales, and im sure they will be just as great.

Rated 5 star and fully deserved!!
Mishel Zabala
There were a lot of things I liked about the novel. First thing being there was enough action in it to keep so many different types of readers satisfied. Sword fighting, paranormal creature-battles, magic-wielding, army-size battles, etc are abundant throughout the chapters. Some scenes definitely grabbed my attention and didn't let me go until the characters had a chance to breathe!

I also really enjoyed the creative world of Londor itself. Londor is a huge world inhabited by dwarfs, wizards, e
Ranting Dragon

The Stolen Moon of Londor, A. P. Stephens’ first book in The White Shadow Saga, is a traditional high fantasy that follows a band of adventurers–elven, dwarvish, and wizardly–on a quest to recover a magical object that will restore their pseudo-medieval land to prosperity. In this case, the magical object is one of the twin moons, and the moon’s absence has lately allowed mysterious evil forces to terrorize the land of Londor’s law-abiding citizens (and, o
Melissa
When A. P. Stephens first contacted me regarding his book, I was very interested in checking out his first book in The White Shadow Saga, The Stolen Moon of Londor. I am very much a fantasy reader and lover and this book sounded intriguing. Is it ever! I enjoyed listening to it from start to finish and can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the paperback to read through it again.

In my opinion, The Stolen Moon of Londor ranks right up there with some of my other favorite fantasy reads: Terry Bro
Pons Matal
May 23, 2010 Pons Matal rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone whos a fantasy/Sci Fi reader
I have been an fan of Sci Fi and fantasy for a very long time and I have read, and listened to, A.P. Stephens The Stolen Moon of Londor.
The narrator of the podcast, at first, did take me a little by surprise. He does have a very strong accent and I couldn't seem to place his origin either. But after the first few episodes I felt his accent actually lent an air to the podcasts reading. To me a least, it was almost as if he was a person re-counting the story of the quest. Somewhat similar to the n
Noelle
Done reading! The story ends with a cliffhanger .... UGH .... So I started book two ..... Shameless Wonders. And I hope ... well I don't know what I hope. Just as I have yet to decide on how to write this review.
Did I like it .... Kind of!
Why ? .... story is interesting.
Why not? I am not sure if I didn't.
This story was definitely written in an off beat writing style. And there is nothing wrong with that. You just have to get used to it.
Aaron Stephens' writing style is - to say the least - old
Lynxie
I found this book enjoyable, yet a little disjointed and confusing in parts. I would often get some of the characters confused in some of the scenes as I couldn't keep them straight because there were a few too many all mashed together with only a little development.

This story could do with some further development of the characters and perhaps some more introduction to each of the characters individually so we can better distinguish them apart.

It didn't detract from the story too much, though,
Chuck Belier

A.P. Stephens has crafted a highly enjoyable fantasy tale of men, elves, dwarves, wizards, mercenaries and various other types of characters. His story telling style is excitingly different from most other fantasy authors. It comes across as a fireside tale which draws the reader in and holds your attention throughout each action filled chapter.

This up and coming author has done extremely well with his freshman offering. This is book 1 of 3 and I for one cannot wait to see book two. I highly e

edifanob
The Stolen Moon of Londor is the debut novel and the first book in The White Shadow Saga trilogy. There are two things why I want to read the sequel: I really want to know who stole the moon and how it was done. And will there be a development of the characters.

If you like travel quests with original ideas and manageable length you should give The Stolen Moon of Londor a try.

Read my full review over at Only The Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Caleigh Minshall
The characters felt really underdeveloped -- I think it was just hard for the author to juggle so many at once. I wish he had picked one or two characters and focused on them, rather than following all nine adventurers simultaneously. I also found the writing to be a little stiff in places.

The stolen moon is still a good idea, though, and I'll read the second to find out who did it.
Jessica
It had so much going for it, description-wise. Then, it kind was lack-luster. I felt that much more could've been done to add more detail and depth to the world, storyline, and character development.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it could've been better.
Ruth
c2009. Oh dear. I just could not get past the archaic grammar. I think I know why it was used but after the scene where the young elf is so whiney and to his superior to boot, I could not get through anymore. Sorry - just not for me, I'm afraid.
Steve Mckinney
Steve Mckinney marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Alexandra Morland
Alexandra Morland marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Debbs
Debbs marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Adam Ickes
Adam Ickes marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Dawn Allman
Dawn Allman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Jason Pelloni
Jason Pelloni marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
J.E. Feldman
J.E. Feldman marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • Balance of Fate (Delver Magic, #3)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • Inherited Danger (The Dawning of Power, #2)
  • Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I
  • Legon Awakening (Legon, #1)
  • Xenolith
  • Flames (The Guild of the Cowry Catchers, #2)
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • Freak City
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Shimmerspell (The Shimmer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Amulet (Custodian Novel, #1)
  • Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens, #1)
  • Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways (Rhiannon Godfrey, #1)
  • Lux 1.1: Seeds (Lux, #1)
  • The Gifts
  • The Gods of Dream
  • Children of Another God
Author of THE WHITE SHADOW SAGA and also the supernovella, OF THIEVES AND ELVES.
More about A.P. Stephens...

The White Shadow Saga (2 books)
  • Shameless Wonders (The White Shadow Saga, #2)
Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella Shameless Wonders (The White Shadow Saga, #2) Arayış (Beyaz Gölge Serisi, #1) Beyaz Gölge Serisi: Arayış (Beyaz Gölge Serisi, #1) Steel and Snare: an Add-on for Of Thieves and Elves