Start by marking “The Sesame Street Dictionary (Sesame Street)” as Want to Read:
The Sesame Street Dictionary (Sesame Street)

The Sesame Street Dictionary (Sesame Street)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This first book of words and their meanings is one of the best-loved Sesame Street titles published by Random House. It includes more than 1,300 entries, which include verbs, nouns, and adjectives. The full-color illustrations are full of trademark Sesame Street humor, making this book as much fun to leaf through as to use to look up a word.
Published March 23rd 2004 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published October 12th 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Sesame Street Dictionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sesame Street Dictionary

R.
Library book sale. I found the Old School version, with Bert and Ernie and those tweedlebugs. Not the Elmoian horror you see presented here. I'd have to imagine the recent edition is changed, the 1980 edition features muppets that, I'm certain, kids wouldn't recognize (Roosevelt Franklin, Sully, Sherlock Hemlock).

Sample entry:

Dinosaur--A dinosaur is a kind of animal that lived millions of years ago.

(illustrated by Roosevelt Franklin sitting on top of a house; the house has just received a chomp
charissa
This is a picture of the new edition, I guess, but I read the Sesame Street dictionary cover-to-cover until the covers came off... haha... I loved that book when I was 2-3, and I still have it 23 years later!
Joon Seo
I learned how to count to five and say the alphabets!! Thank you Elmo!!1
Emily Casey
Emily Casey marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Paasche
Paasche is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2014
Lauren
Lauren added it
Dec 18, 2013
Jacob
Jacob added it
Oct 04, 2013
Takeshi
Takeshi marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2012
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2009
Baker, Baker, Cookie Maker (Sesame Street) The First Thanksgiving Oh, The Things You Can Say from A - Z (A Dr. Seuss Beginner Fun Book, Preschool - Grade 1) I Can Add Upside Down!: The Back To School Range (Learn With Dr. Seuss) Boom Boom Boom! (A Dr. Seuss Beginner Fun Book, Kindergarten - Grade 2)