Storm

Storm

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In his New York Times bestseller Messiah, Boris Starling explored the fury brewing in the mind of a serial killer....

"Messiah sustains a sense of fear and uneasiness."-Publishers Weekly

"Messiah is fast-paced and gritty...one of the best books on murder you'll read."-Esquire (UK)

"Messiah is as terrifying as it is credible...an accomplished debut that grips from the first...more
Published November 1st 2000 by Signet (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm

Andreia Reis
Gostei do livro!! ^_^
O inicio foi, pronto... ok... mas assim que as coisas começaram a mexer fui gostando mais.
Gostei ainda mais quando o Red apareceu com o seu obscuro dom, ai conseguiu prender-me.
E que belas reviravoltas no final. :)
Mas apesar disto tudo, não chega para alcançar o fenómeno que é o "Messias", porque esse livro... UAUUUU!!!!
Zézinha Rosado
Boris Starling é um grande escritor e pouco mais há a dizer...
Embora tenha achado este livro um pouco enfadonho nas primeiras 60 páginas, pois centra-se demasiado no naufrágio e no stress pós-traumático dos seus ssobreviventes, com o desenrolar da história percebemos que tudo o que ficou para trás faz todo o sentido para que nos consigamos embrenhar profundamente no desenrolar dos acontecimentos.
Um livro envolvente, com um final deveras surpreendente, com momentos arrepiantes e com pistas e mai...more
Amelia
Storm is just it says.....A Storm.
Right from page one, you're sucked into the vortex of a storm (literal one!) and from there, you just whiz past experiences, deductions, clues and bodies. But what comes to the fore are the emotions. Thrillers usually lay low when it comes to emotions. But Storm transcends that and allows you peeks into Kate's mindset and the battle she faces. The ending is somewhat jaded, but alright. I kinda figured it out before I got to it. But maybe that's 'coz my mind is...more
Susan
This second thriller by Boris Starling is as good as his first. DCI Kate Beauchamp is on a ferry when it sinks. This would be traumatic enough but now her estranged father is now investigating the disaster. She plunges herself into work in hopes of fighting off survivor's guilt and comes up against a horrific serial killer. There are actually more credibility leaps in this story than in his first, but Starling's story telling is compelling enough so that I forgive him totally.
Deanna
I got through 68 pages of this book when I decided I just couldn't take any more. I feel bad, but I had absolutely no interest in what was going on. I thought this was a book about a serial killer, so when I suffered through about 50 pages of a ferry ship sinking I kinda wondered what the hell is the point of all this? By the time I got to an actual murder victim, I just didn't care anymore, and moved on to another book. :S
Doreene
Was rather confused the first few chapters until I realized the main character had just missed dying in the sinking of a Ferry. She is a police decective and has a murder or two to solve. She has parent issues because of a divorce and he father returns as a investigator of the Ferry sinking. Interesting read.
Roxann
I wish I could give it 3 1/2 stars. It took me a long time to get through the first 60 or 70 pages. It was all about a sinking ferry. I couldn't figure out how that related to murders. In the end it was a good book. The ferry boat sinking was more of a second plot, but it is related to the killer.
Soul Hudson
There is a cop, deranged serial killer, plenty of is he, isn't he moments.

Basically it was ok no Mesiah although Redfern does show up. His legend is not enforced or cemented by this book. It was good but I could have quiet easily read something else and not bothered.

Ach well.
Carmen
Elemental rage, bloody Greek myth, man's capacity for cruelty, the insane imaginings of a killer, all intermingle in Storm to create a novel of stunning ferocity.
Kay
I love books dealing with serial killers so this one really appealed to me! Starling is a fantastic author and keeps you turning those pages.
Maurean
This was actually pretty good. A bit long, but engaging enough to keep you turning pages.
Margarida
Bem escrito, interessante, boa história, mas não ultrapassa, de todo, o Messias, que é imbatível.
Luv
Superbly written. Messiah still rates the best for me. Cant wait to read all of Boris's books.
LJ
STORM -Ok
Starling, Boris - Standalone
Explosian on ferry, serial killer, convenient ending
Thomas Britton
boring as hell read a 100 pages talks in the 3rd zzzzzzzzzzz
Mike
It was a mediocre story, never really got into it.
Julie
Storm by Boris Starling (2000)
Gwenn
Interesting mystery. A real thriller.
Matthew Farmer
Matthew Farmer marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Grethe
Grethe marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Lénia
Lénia marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Anna
Anna is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Sep 03, 2014
Ana Lúcia
Ana Lúcia marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Anders Hanson
Anders Hanson marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
  • Garden of Evil (Britt Montero, #6)
  • Fourth Procedure
  • Beacon Street Mourning (Fremont Jones, #6)
  • The Town
  • A Garden Of Vipers (Carson Ryder, #3)
  • By Reason of Insanity
  • Too Many Murders (Carmine Delmonico, #2)
  • The Crime Trade
  • The Lost Books of the Bible
  • Still Lake
  • The Messianic Legacy
  • Watch Me
  • Stone Angel (Kathleen Mallory, #4)
  • The Intruders (Jake Grafton, #6)
  • Sunstroke
  • Pandora's Clock
  • A Good Hanging: Short Stories
  • Last Breath
Boris Starling's writing career began at the age of eight, when his English teacher spotted that his short story was (a) unusually good for a child his age (b) copied verbatim from Tintin's 'Prisoners Of The Sun.' (That was also the first time he learnt the word 'verbatim', not to mention the term 'copyright violation'.)

All his work since then has been strictly his own. He has written eight novel...more
More about Boris Starling...
Messiah Vodka Visibility Messiah The Stay-Behind Cave