Start by marking “Healthy Foods: An Irreverent Guide to Understanding Nutrition and Feeding Your Family Well” as Want to Read:

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  5 reviews
For families seeking real-life answers to real-life nutrition, the book that delivers is here. With humor and wit and over 100 family-tested recipes, Leanne Ely, C.N.C., offers guidance to creating a nutritional eating plan within the family. She also covers topics like mealtime mechanics, overweight children, allergies and kids, manners and much more. This humorous book i ...more
Published December 31st 2001 by Champion Press (WI) (first published January 15th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Healthy Foods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healthy Foods

Kimberly Keefe
Leanne Ely has given us a wonderful gift with this book. Not only does it contain lots of great. family friendly recipes - but it is chockful of nutritional advice and lessons. Youc an even get lesson plans to go with it to help teach your children how to eat better. My family has gotten a lot of use out of this cookbook and I highly recommend it to all Moms or Dads who want to instill a little nutritional advice to their children.
Kristie
Very easy to read. I had my issues with a couple of her soapboxes, but overall, I love her approach to healthy, sensible nutrition. The recipies are sensible and foods that my children would actually eat. We're going to try some out this week.
Kirsten
I just recently watched Super Size Me, so this book was a great follow up. I found some yummy recipes and some great ideas on ways that I can improve my families eating, especially some neat trick to cut down on sugar and fat.
JaNae
Some good ideas! Always looking for ways to cut the sugar and increase the good stuff in all these little growing bodies around here.
Carissa
Good thoughts, good ideas, good recipes.
Amy Hoseck
Amy Hoseck marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Cynthia Donnell
Cynthia Donnell marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Danica Rice
Danica Rice marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Farah
Farah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2011
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2011
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2011
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Saving Dinner: The Menus, Recipes, and Shopping Lists to Bring Your Family Back to the Table Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way: Healthy Menus, Recipes, and the Shopping Lists That Will Keep the Whole Family at the Dinner Table Saving Dinner Basics: How to Cook Even If You Don't Know How Saving Dinner: The Menus, Recipes, and Shopping Lists to Bring Your Family Back to the Table Saving Dinner for the Holidays: Menus, Recipes, Shopping Lists, and Timelines for Spectacular, Stress-free Holidays and Family Celebrations