Start by marking “Knee-deep in Blazing Snow: Growing Up in Vermont” as Want to Read:
Knee-deep in Blazing Snow: Growing Up in Vermont

Knee-deep in Blazing Snow: Growing Up in Vermont

The poems in this collection were chosen for their appeal to young people, and sorted into the four seasons, so readers can get a taste of growing up in New England year-round. James Hayford's poems include a Vermont way of talking--no wasted words. His language is whittled into poems satisfying to read aloud and surprising in their power to reveal truth. The collection is ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by WordSong

To ask other readers questions about Knee-deep in Blazing Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knee-deep in Blazing Snow

Anna Lawrence
Feb 25, 2015 Anna Lawrence rated it really liked it
Personal Reaction:
This book of poems was not my cup of tea. I could not really relate to any of the topics of the poems and found them bland and boring. They were tremendously descriptive and about nature, which I like, but for most of the poems I found myself thinking about other things and not the poems themselves. I did like one poem called Approaching Thunder because it was very descriptive, I love thunderstorms, and it had a wonderful picture to go along with it.

-1st-3rd or 4th g
This poetry book was collated for children, but should be found by all poetry lovers. Actually Hayford's poems are for anyone in love with the rural life. The poems are set in Vermont, but many of them apply to country living in any part of our country. The woodcuts by Michael McCurdy are a real bonus - such beautiful art to support such wonderful poems.

I don't remember how I found this book, but I am glad it came my way. It was a nice time out from a busy, hectic life. Take a quick break yourse
Jill Brady
Jill Brady rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Cassandra Carey
Cassandra Carey rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Betsy-Gay Kraft
Betsy-Gay Kraft rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012