Start by marking “The New Meaning Of Educational Change” as Want to Read:
The New Meaning Of Educational Change

The New Meaning Of Educational Change

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Over the last few decades there have been attempts at planned educational change. The benefits have not equalled the cost. Fullan distils from these experiences lessons about how to cope with, and influence, educational change.
Published April 26th 2007 by Routledge (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The New Meaning Of Educational Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Meaning Of Educational Change

Patrick
This book is a long, entailed description of the education system as a whole, with several explicit examples of how and where educational change fails and succeeds. The book feels much like a discussion in which Fullan lets the reader engage his thought process and assume the stance of a willing participant in the struggle for reform. He makes many powerful statements throughout the book, but the most profound idea, which I believe captures both the spirit and mechanics of change, is that effec ...more
Pam
Nov 20, 2008 Pam rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who are change agents.
Recommended to Pam by: my C & I 707 instructor
This books would be boring for most people. Since I'm in a class on curricular change, it was interesting (but not facinating) to me. I think I've decided that change is too difficult. There is too much inertia in the school system and I'm not very good a being a pioneer. Michael Fullan is certainly the head guru of change in education. I can't believe he's been studying this stuff for the past 20+ years!
Dayla
I read "The Meaning of Education Change," and like a fool, I purchased "The New Meaning of Education Change" when I was at a conference. To sum it up, the "new" wasn't really different from the "first" book.

I liken Michael G. Fullan to John Grey (men are from mars...) due to their prolific output with something that always refers back to something in the original title. In Fullan's case, it would be "change."

1. Leading in a Culture of Change — published 2007
2. The Six Secrets of Change -- publ
Stan Golanka
Shows how difficult it is to change education (for the better).
Camille
This is DENSE reading material. Luckily my classmates and I are taking it chapter by chapter for discussion and explanation.
Sheldon
A lot of solid, useful material but too broad. It would have been better done as a handbook on Educational Change.
Isabelle Trudeau
Isabelle Trudeau marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Christina Ponzio
Christina Ponzio marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Salima
Salima marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Zwi Dobrh
Zwi Dobrh marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Inam Ullah
Inam Ullah marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Wendy Assy
Wendy Assy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Asih Mardati enggapura
Asih Mardati enggapura marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Fernando Rezende
Fernando Rezende marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Tammy Odom
Tammy Odom marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Zik
Zik marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Suman Ananth - gangadhar
Suman Ananth - gangadhar marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Visible Learning: A Synthesis of Over 800 Meta-Analyses Relating to Achievement
  • Leading Change in Your School: How to Conquer Myths, Build Commitment, and Get Results
  • Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement
  • Shifting the Monkey: The Art of Protecting Good from Liars, Criers, and Other Slackers
  • Unmistakable Impact: A Partnership Approach for Dramatically Improving Instruction
  • Tinkering Toward Utopia: A Century of Public School Reform
  • Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times
  • Better Learning Through Structured Teaching: A Framework for the Gradual Release of Responsibility
  • Teaching Digital Natives: Partnering for Real Learning
  • Discipline with Dignity: New Challenges, New Solutions
  • Catching Up or Leading the Way: American Education in the Age of Globalization
  • Understanding by Design Professional Development Workbook
  • The Big Picture: Education Is Everyone's Business
  • Guided Math: A Framework for Mathematics Instruction
  • Writing Toward Home: Tales and Lessons to Find Your Way
  • Teaching Naked: How Moving Technology Out of Your College Classroom Will Improve Student Learning
  • Horace's Compromise: The Dilemma of the American High School
  • A Pedagogy for Liberation: Dialogues on Transforming Education
Leading in a Culture of Change The Six Secrets of Change: What the Best Leaders Do to Help Their Organizations Survive and Thrive Change Leader: Learning to Do What Matters Most Motion Leadership: The Skinny on Becoming Change Savvy The Moral Imperative of School Leadership