Start by marking “Petualangan di Lembah Maut (Seri Petualangan, #3)” as Want to Read:
Petualangan di Lembah Maut (Seri Petualangan, #3)

Petualangan di Lembah Maut (Adventure #3)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  2,202 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Lembah maut... lembah petualangan! Baik Jack, Philip, Dinah , Lucy-Ann, maupun Kiki, tak ada yang menyangka mereka akan terdampar di lembah tanpa penghuni itu. Mereka sebetulnya hanya akan pesiar di malam hari, dengan pesawat Bill. Tapi mereka keliru naik pesawat penjahat! Dan tanpa sepengetahuan para penjahat, mereka terbawa ke lembah maut. Betul mereka kemudian berhasil ...more
Published October 1983 by PT Gramedia (first published 1947)

Mith
This might be one of my favourite Enid Blyton books. It's sheer magic!

Jack, Philip, Dinah and Lucy-Ann (not to mention Kiki) are all set to go on a plane trip to their friend, secret agent Bill Cunningham's house for a few days. But a mix-up sees them boarding the wrong plane and falling headlong into another adventure - this time in a beautiful, abandoned, war-torn valley - involving a couple of escaped prisoners, a secret cave, a hostage, a daring rescue mission, a map and lost treasure!

Seriou
Spark
Feb 18, 2013 Spark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-kids
I loved the Adventure and Famous Five series when I was a kid. The books had been passed down from my mom, who had also loved them. I was anticipating that re-reading this one as a 40-something would be a disappointing experience but it was totally the opposite. I got completely sucked in and read it through in one sitting. Obviously, the books are dated. They were written more than 60 years ago in a world vastly different from the one we live in now but I think they hold up for the most part. O ...more
Brett Howe
Oct 18, 2016 Brett Howe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot say enough good things about this book. The only reason you would have to not want to read is if you were interested in reading the previous 2 books in the series. Because you should read those first. Anyway. I read this with my 10 year old. And what a joy it was. Kids on adventure. Enid Blyton knows how to tell a good tale. This one set in a mystery valley accessible only by plane. I can picture this valley now, waterfall and all. As soon as we were done with this book we dove right in ...more
Ash
When I started reading this book, I thought this was a book that I had not read. But as the story progressed, I started having this feeling about having read this story. Especially the caves part of the story looked familiar. I am still not sure if I have read this book earlier.
Anyway, it was a great read. One of the best books written by Enid Blyton. As awesome as her Famous Five books are. It was suspenseful and adventurous. Can't wait to read all the books in this series soon!
Rebekah Rodda
A rollicking adventure. The Kiki bits have my children cackling but be warned this is darker than some of the other Enid Blyton books. The children are trapped in a valley with some nasty men who are after Nazi treasure. A prisoner (not the children) is hit by the gang and starved. Jack himself is in a physical fight with a man and also ties an unconscious man to a tree and abandons him. I did not like this as much as her others but Kiki is as always great.
Mary Taitt
Aug 10, 2015 Mary Taitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book very much as a children;s book--it was exciting, adventurous and engaging, a page turner. Four children and a parrot are accidentally whisked away in the wrong plane to a deserted valley by bad guys who intend to steal treasure stolen from churches and villages by the Nazis and hidden away in caves.
Sally
Oh my god, IT WAS SO EXCITING! *flails madly* Why did I not read this series when I was younger? Why did I not even know about it until Alex gave me the books? Oh well, more excitement for now I guess. ;) I'm reading through the whole lot and I have five left now, and four of those are new to me. :D
Andrea
Feb 10, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the best one in the series so far....the best adventure!
M.K. Aston
Aug 28, 2015 M.K. Aston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting children's story. Brings back lots of fond memories too.
Daisy
Mar 29, 2016 Daisy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O meu livro favorito em criança.
Uma aventura espectacular, digna de um filme.
Rebekah Rochester
You can say what you like about Enid Blyton. You can say that she is horrifically sexist. You can say that all her villains are fundamentally the same: 'tough men', foreign, with 'thick necks' and 'piggy eyes' and with 'a brooding look'. You can say that all her characters are stereotypical and similar: the kind mother figure, the 'cross old uncle', the brave boy (or two) who always has a rope round his waist and his 'field glasses' round his neck, the timid little girl who gets frightened when ...more
Samantha
Jack, Lucy-Ann, Philip, Dinah and Kiki are off on another adventure this time they begin with a trip in an aeroplane with their friend Bill but soon matters take a dramatic turn when they become trapped in a remote valley. They find they must fend for themselves until they await rescue. But they aren't ones to sit around before long they are in the midst more intrigue which involves perilous risks, but that doesn't stop Jack, Lucy-Ann, Philip, Dinah and Kiki.

Another fun adventure and Enid Blyton
Jake Collins
May 27, 2014 Jake Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This adventure story is extremely exciting and perilous. The setting is superb, with plenty of hidden places and secret passages, all vividly and wonderfully realised.

There is even historical context to get into, as the story is set firmly in the aftermath of the Second World War (thus rendering any misguided attempts to modernise the text or illustrations utterly pointless) and the children find themselves searching for a cache of Nazi treasure.

All four children get their moments in the spotlig
Councillor
I've first read this as a child and don't know how often I actually re-read this. Often. Very often, I guess. It is my favourite book of Enid Blyton's, including some of the most appealing settings I've ever read about. Seriously, reading the summary, this book sounds weird. But reading the book, suddenly the summary sounds weird, not truly captivating the book's essence, the magnificience of how Enid Blyton managed to paint those characters and create a plot around them.

It has been a while sinc
Leore Joanne Green
Oh how I've missed this series. I think this was my favourite series by Enid Blyton, and it is much more successful than the 'famous five'.

Nice and safe adventures with stupid, witless crooks, lots of food (there is always lots of food in Enid Blyton books!) and sleeping on "soft and springy moss".

Of course there is the somewhat annoying issue of the sexism in the books, which comes to light in the boys doing all the dangerous thingswhile the girls stay to "keep watch" on the cave, but it is sim
Simon Norin
May 06, 2014 Simon Norin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barnen som boken handlar om är fångna i en dal med höga berg omkring och kan inte ta sig ur. Samtidigt upptäcker de ett par män i dalen och tvingas gömma sig för dem i en grotta med all sin packning som de har med sig och sin lite småjobbiga peppegoja.
Jag tycker att denna boken är bra eftersom jag tycker att den är spännande nästan hela boken igenom samtidigt som det är roligt att det är barn som är fångna och man får följa eftersom vuxna oftast inte har lika roliga och spännande idéer som barn
Karthik
May 05, 2014 Karthik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book as such is not my favorite one in my favorite Enid Blyton series, nor is it at the bottom of the pile. I liked this story as it had a magical feel to it with the story set in an unknown valley in central Europe. The novelty factor was good - the idea was good and we see lot of interesting sights as we move through this story. I found it quite fascinating. This book could have easily made it to the top of my list if but Philip had had a more interesting pet. The pets as such were intere ...more
Tom Seward
Mar 21, 2010 Tom Seward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.

This series (The Adventure Series is 8 books long) Features 4 friends who fall into adventures with counterfeiters, gunrunners, treasure hunters and the like. Jack, Philip, Diana, and Lucy-Anne and their crazy talking parrot, KIKI, are a lot of fun to follow through their adventures... This series is top notch reading... introduce your children to Enid Blyton today!
Jane Irish Nelson
In this third volume of the series, the four children — Philip, Jack, Dinah, and Lucy-Ann — accidentally get in the wrong airplane and arrive in an uninhabited valley. Why, they wonder, have the men come here? Suspicious of their behavior, the children stay hidden, and spy on them, in an attempt to discover what they are doing there.
Christine
Nov 14, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every child over 8
Recommended to Christine by: Kati Engelke from Braunschweig, Germany
The 8 Adventure books by Enid Blyton are at least as good as her Famous Five series if not better. This is the best of all Blyton books. Four children and their parrot Kiki enter the wrong plane and end up in a deserted Austrian valley right after WW II...10 stars!
My absolutely favorite book when I was a child.
Lorraine
Jun 16, 2009 Lorraine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The children are flying to Europe with Bill, but mistakenly get into the wrong plane. They end up in a mysterious valley and have to hid from the two adults by living in a cave behind a waterfall. Eventually they find tunnels through the hills and a large treasure being cared for by an old couple.
Joy
Aug 18, 2009 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joy by: Gordon Headrick
Quite by accident, the children are carried away by airplane to an isolated valley in central Europe. There they hide from the bad guys, find a hidden treasure, and find a way to contact the outside world just in time. This was my favorite of the series when I was a kid. The valley seemed almost idyllic to me.

My favorite youth read of 2009
Rima
Jul 30, 2012 Rima rated it it was amazing
I love this book so muchhh, and many more Enid Blyton's books. I love adventure stories. Enid Blyton is my mos fav author. I like all description about the valley, the caves, and especially the waterfall. reading this book, felt like I took part the adventure of Jack, Philip, Dinas, Lucy Ann and Kiki. I think, The Adventure Series give more challnges than Famous Five. :)
Ash
There's just something special and unique about Blyton's works that keeps me wanting to come back for more and more. After this, I hope to get to read the entire adventure series soon enough. Thumbs up to the writer who's accompanied me since earliest childhood days.
Altamash
Oct 11, 2012 Altamash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first story book I read...

Nothing better than this. This thing changed me entirely.
A new point of view towards life...
Every minute details so well explained...
If you love nature you will love this...

Pop goes the weesel...
Kate Wood
Oct 22, 2013 Kate Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-books
Despite not being an avid Enid Blyton fan my Auntie gave me this series of books and I loved them and re-read them often. Less annoying than the 5 and 7 and just as predictable but strangely comforting :)
Tasneem
Jun 07, 2011 Tasneem rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy this book, but I guess I just found it a bit too much like the others to give it a rating as high as some of the others. That said, it is a delightful book with the children getting up to all kinds of adventure.
Safiya Yahaya
Nov 28, 2016 Safiya Yahaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read this book as a child. Caught up by the stress and pressures of adulthood, I decided to re-live my childhood by reading my favourites of enid bylton's books. It was lovely reading through the adventure!
Kirsti
Nov 30, 2012 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoops! Thought I'd reviewed this one a few days ago, obviously not. The Valley of adventure is one of the great books in the series, the adventure being fun and thrilling at the same time. Love this series, can't recommend them highly enough!
Hope
This whole "Adventure" series by Blyton was a favorite read-aloud when our sons were small. The four children and their pet parrot get into a lot of mildly scary situations. Much nicer than the kinds of books children read today.
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Wind in the Willows
  • The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • Än lever Emil i Lönneberga
  • The Sea Fairies
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • The Wrong Chalet School (The Chalet School, #28)
  • Mormor og de åtte ungene i skogen (Eight Children, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Adventure (8 books)
  • The Island of Adventure (Adventure, #1)
  • The Castle of Adventure (Adventure, #2)
  • The Sea of Adventure (Adventure, #4)
  • The Mountain of Adventure (Adventure, #5)
  • The Ship of Adventure (Adventure, #6)
  • The Circus of Adventure (Adventure, #7)
  • The River of Adventure (Adventure, #8)