Start by marking “Horrible Harry on the Ropes” as Want to Read:
Horrible Harry on the Ropes

Horrible Harry on the Ropes (Horrible Harry #24)

Normally, Harry loves gym class, and is better than the rest of Room 3B at just about every activity. But he?s dreading the newest challenge?the climbing rope?especially since Sid is great at it. At first, Harry isn?t even willing to try out the rope. But when a special valentine that Song Lee makes for him goes missing, Harry has to conquer his fears to prove who took it. ...more
Published November 12th 2009 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Horrible Harry on the Ropes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrible Harry on the Ropes

Shaun Gallagher
Sep 29, 2014 Shaun Gallagher rated it liked it
I listened to the audiobook version of this book to determine if it was appropriate for my five-year-old to listen to.

There are a few parts that are borderline for that age group -- like when one of the kids is worried that if he falls off the rope, he'll smash his bones, or when Harry confronts a kid whom he suspects stole his Valentine's Day card, and it is implied that Harry wants to give him a pounding.

There are also few parts that I was pleasantly surprised about, like how the kids and teac
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
its about there is a new activity in the gym and Harry is afraid of heights so he doesn't go on the climbing the rope chart and only Sidney's name is on it so when the kids get their valentine's Sidney hopes that he gets the card that Song lee had written it said for someone special when he doesn't he gets really mad he swipes the card from Harry's desk and hid it in the top of the hole in the gym he had to climb to the top of the rope and got the card and he conquered his biggest fear.
Marlee
Feb 04, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it
My children really enjoyed this book. It was especially fun reading it close to Valentine's Day. These books have all been quick, easy reads. They are funny. For an adult they are completely predictable and somewhat dull. However, sharing them with my children, I've found them to be a lot of fun, and even quite funny.
Michael Chang
Dec 27, 2012 Michael Chang rated it really liked it
This book made me feel jealous of Harry because, while Harry was able to overcome his fear of heights and earn praise from his friends and his crush, I was never able to overcome my own fear of heights. However, it was a nice, light read.
Diana Pettis
Jun 26, 2011 Diana Pettis rated it really liked it
My son Xavier read this to me. He is going into third grade and told me it was very funny. Harry learns a very important lesson in his opinion.
Dillan Campbell
Jun 13, 2011 Dillan Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was very, very cool.
Ashli Barrera
Ashli Barrera rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Joey
Joey rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Joseph Nguyen
Joseph Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2013
Carys
Carys rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
danielle
danielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
Martin Nze
Martin Nze rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
zar
zar rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Miles Nelson
Miles Nelson rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Tanner
Tanner rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Sidikha
Sidikha rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2009
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Ashlee
Ashlee rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2010
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2010
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2017
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2013
Curry_30
Curry_30 rated it liked it
May 10, 2017
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Kristin Morrison
Kristin Morrison rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2017
Autumn Payne
Autumn Payne rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Alicia Luong
Loved this book. It was very fun to read with my guided reading group and I found that not only did they enjoy the book but it provided them with a lot of comprehension skills without a lot of instruction from me. The events that took place in the book was dramatic and more memorable so students were able to sequence and understand cause and effect in the story. Since the book was so easy to read and to recall, students were able to answer comprehension questions with little to no difficulty.
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Trinity Coleman
Trinity Coleman rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Tina Nguyen
Tina Nguyen rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All (Henry and Mudge, #14)
  • The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #50)
  • Batman: Meet the Super Heroes (I Can Read)
  • Cam Jansen and the Secret Service Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #26)
  • Way of the Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #1)
  • Star Wars: I Want to Be a Jedi
  • Wonder Woman Classic: I Am Wonder Woman
  • Double Take (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #21)
  • Trial by Fire (Bionicle Adventures, #2)
  • Nate the Great and the Pillowcase
  • The Lucky Lottery (A to Z Mysteries, #12)
  • Marley Goes to School
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • The Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Meadow Farm
  • Grasshopper on the Road
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion