Start by marking “Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition” as Want to Read:
Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition

Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition is a definitive resource for what to eat for maximum health as detailed by medical and nutritional experts. This book makes the connection between health, disease, and the food we eat.
The Encyclopedia describes more than 140 foods, providing information on their history, nutrient content, and medical uses.
The Encyclo
Published December 13th 2001 by Academic Press (first published November 29th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Encyclopedia of Foods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia of Foods

Dayna
Okay, I don't know how to rate this book because it's not truly an encyclopedia. I liked the last section (the encyclopedia section) with the entries on individuals foods. It's a good reference tool. Like, if you want to eat foods only in season then you can look up blueberries, for instance, and find out when they are in season. I found it to be very basic information, but unbalanced throughout the whole thing. It is as if the editors simultaneously dumbed it down and added too many specific de ...more
Happyreader
Very basic nutrition information. Solid but only basic. I like that they include individual foods but I wished they had expanded on the health benefits of the various foods.
CFAITC
This book lists a variety of fruits and vegetables and explains the health benefits of each.
Pistacia
Pistacia marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
J.c. Hodges
J.c. Hodges marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Paul Ashton
Paul Ashton marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Aashiv Acharya
Aashiv Acharya marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Joanie
Joanie added it
May 04, 2013
Darren
Darren added it
Mar 04, 2013
Min
Min marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Celia
Celia marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2011
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2011
Weni
Weni marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2011